It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful quake rattles Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Powerful quake rattles Indonesia

edition.cnn.com

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- A strong earthquake shook eastern Indonesia on Saturday, sending panicked residents running out of their homes.

The tremor struck with a preliminary magnitude of 7.1 at a depth of about 60 miles in Maluku province, about 1,700 miles east of the capital, Jakarta, according to the Indonesian Meteorology and Geophysics Agency. The U.S. Geological Survey put the quake at a magnitude 6.3
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Indonesia, the world's largest archipelago with 17,500 islands, is prone to seismic upheavals because of its location on the so-called Pacific "Ring of Fire," an arc of volcanoes and fault lines encircling the Pacific Basin.

Click on the link to read the news

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
OMG worst Parents nightmare!

My Daughter is in Hong Kong at the moment, well she is coming back from China today. I know Indonesia isn't that close to HK but still...yanno, Parental worry thing... Earthquake = natural disaster etc

biting nails...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There's only one popular contemporary psychic that I believe might have a degree of credibility (legitimate gift)...that psychic is Louis Turi. The night before last on C2C Radio, he was absolutely committed to his prediction of an notable natural event (earthquake over magnitude 6), occurring within the next two days. Dunno if this event qualifies
but I'm sure he'll get a hit for it.

From C2C Recap:

"Seer Dr. Louis Turi looked ahead to 2008, and warned that the months of February and August would be particularly difficult. Natural disasters, and stock market volatility are likely during these two months, he said. And in the next two days, he predicted an explosive event such as a large volcano or earthquake."

Thanks for the post Enceladus

[edit on 15-12-2007 by OBE1]

top topics

join