It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gambling sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Gambling/alcohol-addicted stepdad just ran off with all the christmas present money for my brothers and sisters, as well as the car. Mum just came to the realization that he wasnt coming home about an hour ago. Plus he was also supposed to bring dinner home.
I just feel so sorry for mum. She has done nothing to deserve this. But since that asshole has done this once before, she should have known not to let him go out with a card to the account.

lol, this sounds like some ghetto tale of woe from the 'hood. But we are ('were' for the time being) a normal family. And the gambling gods claim pokies are just 'entertainment'?

The message is, gambling sucks. It really does

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Sorry man, i had a really funny line when i saw the title of your thread, but it aint funny now.
Hope things work out for you and your family, i'm not religious in the slightest but i'll be thinking of you over the next few weeks mate.

Take it easy.

mojo

(send us a u2u if you feel like chattin', ive been there, im also in Aus so i can relate man).

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Legalized gambling is the worst thing Jeff Kennett ever did as premier.

Try and be strong and support your Mum and siblings.

Sending postive vibes to you, wtr.

sanc

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

You have my sympathy. Compulsive gambling destroys families - it's a huge part of why my parents got divorced.

www.gamblersanonymous.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ahahahahahhaha i would hate to be you on Christmas
.... sucks about your degenerate gambling Grinch of a father stealing christmas. i sorta know how you feel, cause my moms gotta boyfriend that is a raging alcoholic and he comes and goes whenever he pleases. least he never stole my christmas

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yes sorry to hear of this.

I spoke to a woman last year who was married to a chronic gambler, she honestly wished he would have had an affair with another women instead of being a gambler. That way she would have got 1/2 of the marital assets, but he gambled everything so she got nothing.

She had 3 kids to raise. Stupid stupid gamblers...

Pokies are so bad here, I agree that legalising them was such a big mistake. They should have just left them in the RSL Clubs, but Pokies are everywhere in South Aust. Every Hotel has them.

Years ago you could go to the pub and chat with people at the front bar, now everyone sits in front of a poker machine and doesn't talk. It is BS.
It is such a downer. Anyway, hope things improve for you and your family!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

i almost started and i got hooked

Started at ladbrokes and won a couple hundred
started playing scratch cards won a couple hundred
my winnings always out balanced my loses

so i would win 150-200 but lose 30-40

got a couple hours lecture from my mum and sister
and how its against my religion and how i would be mockery to my diseased Grandparents who are held in such high standerds

havent gambled like that again

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Im a poker player, but I dont believe in other forms of "gambling". I will never play slots or anything else. Im also not complusive. I have a special account for poker and add a portion of my pay every week. 50 dollars every 2 weeks is usually it. sometimes I won't even play it and just save it for a later time. Then Ill play that 50 until I get it up to 200 or it runs dry. at 200 I withdraw back down to 50.

You have to have a system, rules, and guidelines. You must have everything worked out as to not put yourself into a bind.

Im sorry for people that must deal with compulsive gamblers. If I had any dependants I would quit poker completely.

top topics

join