It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pheonix 1000 civilian grade sub

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ok, so it is 78 million dollars but if I was Gates or Buffet I'd have one in my backyard.

www.portfolio.com.../drudge/Subs

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I read about these luxury subs somewhere a few months ago. They are basically underwater yachts. These things are incredible. I'd definitely get one if I were a billionaire. Imagine never again having to worry about bad weather out at sea! If a storm is approaching, you can simply submerge and completely avoid it.

Of course, if I had one of these things I'd always have the fear in the back of my mind of a US Navy sub picking me up on sonar and mistaking me for an enemy in US waters! But at least if my sub gets taken out by a torpedo, I can escape in the optional mini-sub that is attached to it (assuming I survive the initial strike!). I'd also have to worry about being mistaken for a drug runner (they have been known to use submarines) or even worse- a terrorist.

You have to wonder if terrorists are trying to get their hands on something like this. There are numerous companies out there that sell many variations of submarines, with some starting in the low hundred-thousands. It's probably a far fetch, but still something you have to consider. And I'm sure as time goes on and technology progresses, these things will become more affordable and far more popular. I've seen several submarines for sale on the internet that were designed as tourist sightseeing gimmicks. Any one of those could be easily modified for a suicide mission against a cruise ship, oil tanker, or perhaps even an unsuspecting and offguard naval vessel.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
starting at 18grand i wouldnt mind having one. would be good to have in a worldwide emergency, who needs bunkers.

join