It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus of Brassempouy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Venus of Brassempouy

Sorry, I had to post this in the Alien section, but is it me, or does the shape of this face look similar to descriptions of ET's.

I am just speculating here, it could have been an artist impression, but I was also thinking about the Egyptian scribes of showing drawing of people or ET's with large egg shaped heads.

I thought about that when I saw this on Wikipedia.

The Venus of Brassempouy (French: Dame de Brassempouy [Lady of Brassempouy] or Dame à la Capuche [Lady with the Hood]) is a fragmentary ivory figurine from the Upper Palaeolithic. About 25,000 years old, it is one of the earliest known realistic representations of a human face.

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

I don't see any similarity to an alien face at all. It looks to me like the carving was never completed.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

I don't see any similarity to an alien face at all. It looks to me like the carving was never completed.

OK, point taken.

I just try to look at the drawings in the stone tablets during the Egyptian and Sumerian Periods.

Source: Sumerian Artifacts

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Oh, yes. I checked your link and looked at the artifacts. I have seen those before. They look like aliens. A much better representation for what you are talking about. They seem to be represented so often, that whatever they were modeled from must have been something out of everyday life!

I meant to ask in my post if you had any other examples. Thanks!

top topics

join