It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Temple Taking fingerprints and toothprints at local fair

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by greydawn

So please enlighten us. What does it take to get to the 40th degree? Additionally what year did the Mafia receive its charter from the Grand Lodge?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lightindarkness, hope you enjoy aspartame poisoning from the Diet Coke you're drinking.

In all seriousness that stuff is horrible for you especially if you regularly drink it.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by greydawn]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I already mentioned what it takes to get to the 40th degree. Again though you must

prove to be useful to the establishment. And you must also be able to prove your

loyalty and your ability to keep your mouth shut. You generally need to be a second

generation mason as well. You must also be able to demonstrate an ability to be ruthless

when neccessary.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I should have been more specific. What exactly does the 40th degree entail? What constitutes its ritual? Since you have spoken with Masons personally and they told you of the supposed existence of these degree, along with all the other 'revelatory' knowledge you are posting, I am sure you would know these trivial details. While you are at it, please continue my enilghtenment with the preceding degrees as well (34th-39th).

Edit to add: You did not answer my Mafia question.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Wow. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

There is no "40th" degree, and generations do not matter at all.. your little ideas are still wrong, will always be wrong, and I can assure you, at some point one of us Masons would have ran into a mysterious 40th degree lol.

Unless your talking of the Memphis (?) Rites? .. Perhaps that is where your Icon from that site got all messed up with his ideas. I don't recall how many degrees are in the Memphis Rites, but I want to say it goes to 100?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've only heard bits and pieces. I am not aware of specific rituals involved with the 40th

degree. If I am able to find out more about the specific rituals involved I will be sure

to post that info here.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Either you have one of the most fertile imaginations on this planet or you have been take been taken for a ride (fugitively speaking) by whatever masons you are referring to. (Which is most probably the case.)

For one thing the Mafia has supposedly been existence since before Masonry went public in 1717 and formed the first “Grand Lodge”. Therefore they could not have been granted their charter from the masonry.

The second point is that in regular Free Masonry there is no degree above 32nd in the Scottish Rites. This point has been made so often that I’m almost ashamed to bring it up again.

Many masons are from multi-generational Masonic families. The only time that matters is in petitioning a lodge, is some jurisdictions it allows an earlier age for admission.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Its also my guess is that hes confusing irregular rites like Memphis Misraim. So while it is true there are rites calling themselves masonic, they are not accepted or acknowledged by mainstream (99.9%) of masonry. And while I have no idea about the workings of Memphis Misraim, I am quite sure that given their small amount of members it would be unproductive to require successive family generation to reach the top of their degree later - not to mention it would make the first generation members mad.

All of these requirements are essentially contrary to masonic philosophy that all men who believe in a supreme being shall receive further light when they ask and come of their own free will and accord. How is it we completely turn masonic philosophy on its head starting at the mysterious 34th degree?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What difference does my age make? And why is it so hard to believe that there are

360 degrees in Freemasonry. In a secretive group like the Masons don't you suppose

it is possible that it is highly compartmentalized and you only know what you need to

know. And the higher level masons, 40 th degree and beyond don't mix with the lower

level masons, so there is no connection between the two.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn
I've only heard bits and pieces.

Why are you so reticent to post these 'bits and pieces'? I asked several times for any info regarding these alleged degrees.

I am not aware of specific rituals involved with the 40th degree.

Guess what? You are not aware of them because it does not exist.

If I am able to find out more about the specific rituals involved I will be sure to post that info here.

I will not hold my breath. It appears the only thing you are willing to post is your own unsubstantiated opinion gleaned from the esteemed Mr. Watt, and factless reports proportedly delivered to you from Masons 'in the know'.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Let me think about it.....yes, it would be difficult to believe that there are over 300 additional degrees that literally no one in the fraternity knows about or has ever alluded to. Do you not find it odd that all of the "exposures" only go from 1-3 degrees, and then all the way up to 33rd for scottish rite degrees? Also, which rite are all these additional degrees under? You do realize the Scottish Rite is not the only appendant body in masonry, its just the rite the conspiracy theorists love to use because it has a higher number of degrees.

Since there is no "you only know what you need to know" mentality in masonry, it would be very hard to believe there is some secret cabal of 34th degree and above masons who - somehow - are able to completely hide themselves from the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

Not to mention the 33rd degree is literally called the "33rd and last degree of Freemasonry"

The internet is a great virtual library of information and communication .. it is truly a shame that some people choose only one bit of information to read and close their mind to truth, reason and reality.

Looks like you won't be called Master, and I wont be called Prince either.. no one shows respect for their worldly overlords anymore...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I know! It's sad, Prince Rockpuck. As much as we control the world , they still don't show no respect.

Respect our AUTHORITY!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
All you guys are wrong!

There are in fact 361 degrees in Masonry. The 361st is honorary and there is only one in the world.

Sadly for you I hold the title and it can only be passed onto he who is worthy to hold the Golden Order of Damascus.

The legend goes that Hiram was on his way to see his new born son when he was killed by the three Ruffians. The son was angry that he never got to know his father and put a curse on anyone who tries to get the password of a Master Mason unlawfully.

Throughout the ages men have tried to gain the knowledge but they were deemed unworthy and in return hated the very organization that would not have them.

It has been said that the very same men who were spurned then turned to a church that was happy to take them in made them hate anyone who did not believe as they did and taught them that if someone goes against a story that was told orally for hundreds of years then written down and then changed
again and called "New".

These very same men who preach tolerance are known to not follow the same rules when it applies to others outside their "Sect".

And so the story goes that the Golden Order of Damascus will only be found to those who truly want to be good people to all mankind.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by corsig

I see this being duplicated across the internet now, and within months the rumors will surface regarding the supposed Gold Order of Damascus! .. You know, you could write a book about it, throw in some alien life forms and Jews taking over the world and you could make at least a few hundred, if not million. I don't see why we let ignorant little pricks like Icke and the likes spread lies about our organization and get filthy rich doing it.....

I think we should start our OWN conspiracies of our OWN organization and make our own money from it!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I volunteer myself to be an Masonic 'insider' who comes clean. I can go on Larry King and have my image pixelated and speak about all the threats you sinister people are making towards my life. Bad press is still press, with all the money we make we might actually be able to take over the world.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

What difference does my age make?

It calls into question the maturity factor. Those with maturity and who are educated are more likely to be skeptical of wild and imaginative claims, while those who are younger and have not completed their education are more naive and gullible.

And why is it so hard to believe that there are
360 degrees in Freemasonry. In a secretive group like the Masons don't you suppose
it is possible that it is highly compartmentalized and you only know what you need to
know. And the higher level masons, 40 th degree and beyond don't mix with the lower
level masons, so there is no connection between the two.

This is what Light In Darkness was talking about earlier when he accused you of making a straw man argument. Your argument doesn't work because Masonry *isn't* a "secretive group" nor is it "highly compartmentalized".

As I already said, if you add up the degrees in all the Rites, you get over a thousand of them, not 360. The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite has 33 degrees. This is because the Scottish Rite was formed in 1801 by merging two other Rites together: the French Rite of Perfection (which had 25 degrees) and and the French Philosophical Rite (which had 8 degrees). Now regardless of your age or education level, surely you can agree that when we had 25 and 8, the result is 33, not 360.

The York Rite, on the other hand, has 12 degrees. Therefore, the highest degree IN THAT RITE is the 12th.

Your other fallacy is your insistence on talking about "high level" and "low level" Masons. There are no such thing. The Scottish Rite degrees, nor the York Rite degrees, make members "high level". Masons attain "rank" by being elected officers by their fellow members. It is not only possible, but common, for Third Degree Masons to "outrank" 33rd degree Masons in their Lodges. If a Mason who has the Third Degree only is elected Master of his Lodge, he outranks everybody else while he holds that office, regardless of how many degrees everybody else holds.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Masonic light would you mind repeating that again, I'm sorry, I'm making a turkey

sandwich right now and I am a horrible multi-tasker.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by greydawn]

[edit on 19-12-2007 by greydawn]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Masonic light would you mind repeating that again, I'm sorry, I'm making a turkey

sandwich right now and I am a horrible multi-tasker.

Oh SNAP!!!!

That was a good one dude.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by corsig

Well, it goes to show he isn't interested in truth or facts, just pushing his agenda. Of course, I don't think anyone is really surprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join