It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does god let bad people to do bad things

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
if god is all loving why does it let bad people do bad things

and why does it let bad people exist

if god made us all so he knows that the bad people he creates will do bad things but why does it create bad people in the first place

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
He's got a fantastic sense of humor hon...I'll tell you that right now.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Man does his will, it's his/her choice to reflect godliness.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Ace
and why does it let bad people exist

Because some repent and turn to him and are saved. All are bad people, it just outworks more in some than others.

Originally posted by Dark_Ace
if god made us all so he knows that the bad people he creates will do bad things but why does it create bad people in the first place

He didn't create bad people. He created a good man and a good woman from the man. When that good man chose to doubt his word and go against his instruction. That man became corrupt.

That corrupt man created bad people. Isn't GOD's doing. We all inherit that corrupt seed from our fathers.

We all are bad people from birth.

If a man has hated in his heart, he's just as much a murderer as any famous one you can name. It is the same nature in a man that can out work into physical murder, or any other sin you can list.

It's only by his grace that any of us are allowed by him to live. So that all have a chance to hear his word and repent.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
God lets people do bad things for a few reasons.

For one, for the sake of free will and free action of choice.

For two, for the sake of learning a lesson.

For three, for the sake of a trial on the faithful, to test their faith/strengthen it.

For four, to bring about the culmination of change for better through a single negative action and thus, positive reaction.

For five, for the sake of manifest destiny, or creating your own destiny.

But most importantly, it is for trials, and it is for lessons to be poured out on us. I cannot stress this enough! How many times have I had terrible things happen in my life? Quite a few, particularly this year. It's just trials and tribulations.. my faith has been tested, will be tested, and is being brazened in the fire of the Lord. That fire is the very same anguish experienced from the trials that one goes through. That person comes out stronger and wiser, like a blade that extra time has been taken on during its creation and shaping.

[edit on 12/15/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

If I could give you an applause award I would hon!!!!

Good post.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I like to see God as an observer. He creates us and than gives us free will and lets us find our own path.

Sometimes people choose to do bad things with their free will.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Good answers WiseSheep and runetang

Dark_Ace God wont allow it forever though, so at least we all still have a chance now.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Because he doesn't exist. Or he is malevolent.

Believers always come up with "free will" etc but they are weak arguments. If god was omnipotent free will can not exist.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Because he doesn't exist. Or he is malevolent.

Believers always come up with "free will" etc but they are weak arguments. If god was omnipotent free will can not exist.

I hope you are a believer because you speak more truth than those who claim to believe and talk of free will. Most believers cannot reconcile free will with God, because the think God wants to give them some sort of freedom to sin apart from him.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSide

you forgot that god could, in fact, be impotent to stop evil (and thus not omnipotent)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why does god let bad people do bad things?

Because there isn't a god.

May as well ask why does god let thousands of people die of cancer every year. Or die in earthquakes, or tsunamis.

There isn't a god. It's just life, ticking along, without any kind of intelligence behind it. Random chance, buildup of forces along fault lines due to continental drift, cells spiraling out of control.

I think a better question is, why do people still cling to invisible friends when it's pretty obvious that there really is no such thing and the world would be a better place if we all just accepted it and moved on into the future as mature, non-superstitious beings?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I hope you are a believer because you speak more truth than those who claim to believe and talk of free will. Most believers cannot reconcile free will with God, because the think God wants to give them some sort of freedom to sin apart from him.

The only person I can speak for is myself and I can say that I don't believe in free will so I have an excuse to sin. I just don't think that God is a puppet master who controls us and pulls our strings.

From what I understand he is more like a father figure, he created us and can give us instruction on how to grow and live...but ultimatly he does not control us. We are responsible for our own actions. Therefore, we have free will.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
From what I understand he is more like a father figure, he created us and can give us instruction on how to grow and live...but ultimatly he does not control us. We are responsible for our own actions. Therefore, we have free will.

Which inevitably means he is either malevolent or not onmipotent, all knowing and all loving.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSide

Not necessarily. Just because he doesn't stop violence and chooses to allow nature to take it's course doesn't mean that he wants it to happen or that he loves us any less. He could know about the violence but trusts the nature in which he created to take care of the situation.

I had this discussion with a friend of mine. A friend of hers was in the army and was murdered by another vet. The murderer was then put to death. We entertained the idea that this whole scenario was an agreement between the two souls (the girl and her murderer) before each of them were born to satisfy some sort of karmic calamity that they had been having.

If that is possible, God created these two souls and the nature and reality around them. He could love these souls deeply and he could have the knowledge and power to stop this, however he allowed them to settle this on their own accord.

I think it's possible, but that's just me.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Silliest thing I ever heard. Did you put one moment of actual thought into that one? If God was omnipotent, God can do whatever God wants! That is what omnipotent means, all powerful, do what you want. There is control where there is power, or else we'd all be dead from nuclear blasts right now, or never born.

I didn't say God was omnipotent, you did, I'm just saying according to you, if God is omnipotent God can do what God wants. That includes giving the impression of free will. Maybe it isn't literal free will, but so close to free will that we honestly cannot tell when life is being changed in its' course. I know I feel like I have free will, what about you?

omnipotent is not evil. God can do whatever the heck .. and since God made us in Gods likeness, we are like small Gods in a sense. Therefore it isn't too hard to understand why a loving, creating God would want his most special creations to have free will. Why else are we the only species on Earth that has a provable free will? Evolution did all that? Well God designed the parameters for Evolution, and said we must have free will.

Just like I cant prove any of this, you can't prove anything in opposition to it or opposite OF it. And so as always it becomes a circular argument that no one can win. So unlike you, I will not waste my time with these circular arguments where the subject matter is intangible, its downright stupid if you think about it.

For all intents and purposes, we are arguing over the Tooth Fairy. Because to one who wishes not to truly see, God and the Tooth Fairy are equal in their inability to be proven without a shadow of a doubt. So why do you feel the need to continue claiming God does not exist? I dont feel the need to claim Santa Claus doesnt exist, or any other Deity of any other Religion like .. Zeus. I dont even say Zeus doesnt exist, I HONESTLY DONT KNOW..

And in the end, neither do you.

So what does that make us, two ignorant people arguing about somthing we cant know crap about. If you'd like to continue please do so alone.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Why does god let bad people do bad things?

Because there isn't a god.

May as well ask why does god let thousands of people die of cancer every year. Or die in earthquakes, or tsunamis.

There isn't a god. It's just life, ticking along, without any kind of intelligence behind it. Random chance, buildup of forces along fault lines due to continental drift, cells spiraling out of control.

Ugh .. I get so annoyed at this reasoning. You people are all "gimme gimme":

Your concepts are simple: Life sucks and I got crapped on, things aint perfect, random bad things happen, therefore God cannot exist. Because if God existed, he would contradict his entire creation by personally getting involved to stop the bad, which he created, or to come flying down from the sky to catch the people jumping out of the World Trade Centers. You dont want God, you want Superman. Or rather, you think if God existed he would be just like Superman, and this is silly. Omnipotent does not mean you HAVE TO FLEX YOUR MUSCLES .. the true master appears weak and feeble until attacked.

Oh wait, your great great great grandfather doesnt have any documentation left over, no pictures, no nothing to prove he ever existed? He must not exist! And that means you don't exist either MM. You can't exist, because if you did, you'd come flying into my bedroom and knock sense into me and magically fly back out into the night sky.

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!! *cries* why wont Superwoman come save me? God doesn't exist!

its funny how its only the non-believers who require such an intense, blind-style following to believe in God. you know .. they want him on the throne, 1,000 feet tall, completely controlling everything that goes down, reading your thoughts, immediately interjecting in your life and actions whenever you are about to do something naughty (suddenly your arm freezes and you hear "Big Brother / God" saying Now dont do that..).

i know that God has created me in a manner to which I can take care of myself for one, and for two, that if i screw up its my own fault. And if by fate of chance I die in an accident, it is just the way of the world, a mistake of another's free will by hitting me with their car. but according to yall, if God existed he'd swoop down instantly from the sky, stop the cars from hitting, and save the day. lol. God doesn't need to be doing all that.. I mean, if this was a world of just Monkeys, I could understand such intense supervision but.. whatever.

[edit on 12/15/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When it comes to religions, I'm more of a bystander, just watching, but according to the Christian bit, God gave us Free Will, to do what we want, how we want. The Devil comes along and maybe takes direct action, or just a gentle nudge or several nudges in the wrong direction, whatever. When it comes to debates on evil, Lucifer tends to get left out a lot, God gets the gaff, though he also being a all knowing, all powerful figure, makes you wonder why he created Lucifer in the first place. More on that in a bit.

Now, as a religion teacher explained to me, the best way to think of freewill and omnipotence in God's part is to think of it like this. Each person has so many options for something, and it's their choice as to how they live out their day. God has the ability to see each of these decisions, and how they will ultimately play out.

Something that was pointed out to me a while back, is without evil, how do define good? Sort of like in the lines of a sketch. And the shading that provides the realism in sketch are all the people that fall in between. So, maybe Lucifer was part of is great, ineffable plan. (Y'know, the one that nobody actually knows or can comprehend but uses to justify their own actions or movements) Sort of like Judas to some contemporary scholars may have been doing his job, making sure that Christianity would take off.
What's life without some sort of struggle? Achievements, real achievements, are often hard won, and all the more satisfying for it.
I

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i often think that for all the wars and horrible things that happen in the world if god wonted to he could stop them becuase god is god, but because they don't stop i think god lets bad things happen on purpose

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
link

This isn`t the question your asking,but its the same answer to the question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join