It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget 2012, the world has already begun to end

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Careful, your religion-hating agenda is showing. It would be quite odd for Christians to say they predicted the end of the world when it says only GOD knows the hour of the end of time - not even Jesus Christ does, according to the Bible.

And trust me, if the end of the world does happen in the ways the Bible predicts, no one will have to tell you which religion was right.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

I didn't mean it to come across like that. I don't hate religion at all. I just strongly disagree with some of the ideas that it makes a large amount of people believe. I DO believe that the world could be a better place without it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Apology accepted. You are of course entitled to your opinion. However, I would submit modern religion does not force people to believe anything, they get to choose their point of view.

I would be terrified to live in a world without religion. It is quite possible to have morals without religion, but I do not think it is possible for everyone to have hope without religion. Some people won't need hope, some will find hope in themselves, others will want it from an external source. It does not mean those people are "below" anyone else, it just means they(I) approach life from a different but equally valid perspective.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

I can understand where you are coming from with that. I suppose I am lucky to have the angle that I have. I am happy to accept that there maybe nothing more when I die. If there isn't anything, I won't know a thing about it.. I will be dead so nothing to worry about. If there is something more then great, I just hope that it's better than where we are now. I feel that this strength will help me make the most of what I have although maybe in times of hardship which may come my way, it could be a good time to have some faith in something. At the moment, my family and friends give me all the hope I need.

If you choose to have faith in an external/ higher entity then I have no problem with that unless that it influences you in a way that interferes with other peoples lives. I'm sure you will agree that this has been seen many times over the past decade.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Number 7 - Gerneral anamosity - People all over the world are so hostile to eachother, where is the compassion, where is the humanity? It should be natural to 'love thy neighbour' and to help others. People seem so intent on having their own lves the way THEY want it, that they disregard every other being on the planet. If we are to survive this mess of a planet, we need to work togehter regardless of race, religion, gender, social background or otherwise.

I agree with a lot of what you said... Number 7 is easy:

Man wasn't meant to live like this..... in this type of civilization. What happens if you put a bunch of hamsters (or mice or rats or any other territorial critter) into a box that is too small for it's population...... hmmm.... wanna know what they do? They kill each other off until there is only a few left.

There is more than enough room around the world to distribute the population of the planet. I read somewhere that there was so much usable land (not desert - i.e. non-usable land) that everyone could have multiple square miles of land as their own.

But the NWO wants us all cramped up in compact cities so that we all end up hating each other and killing each other off like rats in a box.

It's simple really.

-Euclid

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
I am a Christian, and I do not understand Christianity's obsession with the end of the world. People having been proclaiming the end is near since about 10 years after Jesus died. People quote prophesy which makes statements that have always described the world (as someone has pointed out). The world has always been consumed with wars, riots, famine, disease, and people hating each other.

It's called "apocalyptic joy".

And to me, it's perfectly understandable.
You listed the reasons for it yourself: was, riots, disease... not to mention personal losses and tragedies.
On the other hand, there is the promise of a new beginning, a new - far, FAR better - world where there is no more death, disease, suffering.

How could people NOT look forward to the "second coming" in eager anticipation?

That is what they're waiting for: the oncoming "new world", God's kingdom - not the "end of the world" as such.

BTW, I am a Christian too, and I've never noticed any Christians around me even talking about the "end of the world" (as an imminent event, that is), let alone "obsessing" by it . (The again, many people ARE obsessing over it - and many from among those are surely from a Christian background, so in that sense you may be right.)

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't know what you all may have been reading...I realize there's a lot of new-age propaganda regarding 2012 out there; take heed that it will not be a period of enlightenment....it will be the beginning.... of the final cycle against humanity, a true blessing. So don't think it will just happen that day, it is something that is in progress now and will be more evident then.

There's no evidence of what you're suggesting. You might as well be a street corner philosopher holding a sign saying "Fire will reign down on you in 2012."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join