It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve-o needs some Help-o

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow, steve-o. First I find out you live in the same area as me, then now I find out we both act the same in real life! :O

Well, I just stick to my little group of close friends, the only bad thing is that they don't believe a word I say when I start speaking of conspiracies and the paranormal.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Wow !!!!! In what part of NY ya live in bro ??
.... We could "pratice" on talkin' n stuff ........

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
* Yes, in the first stages a bit of booze will help

* Remember that this is something you actually want to achieve (to appear self-confident in public), remind yourself why that would be great on a regular basis.

* Turn around "What impression am I making on them?" to "What impression are they making on me?"

* Focus not on yourself or the way you might be looking or talking, but become extremely interested in others...in what others are saying, thinking, doing.

* When talking, pretend you are talking on BTS. Here you dont seem to have any problem talking...just take the same attitude with you to "out there".

* Ocassionally put on willfull acts of being another persona or "faking it". If you fake self-confidence long enough, you will become just that.

* Have it be totally fine when you completely mess up because you have many things and people in your life to remind you of your value...

... You dont need other peoples confirmation, approval, attention, agreement.

Speak after me: "I dont care what others think of me. The world is not about me anyway, its about a bunch of other stuff".

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The same part as you, Brooklyn, New York.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Ummmm..... what part of BK ??? If ya don't wanna say it on the thread you could tell me by u2u :

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ehh, I guess it's ok as long as I don't give out the specific address.

Williamsburg.

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, that's some really good advice

starred.

[edit on 12/15/2007 by Hyzera]

link   

Oh no, I double posted!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

No...... are ya bsin' ....... I Live in Williamsburg too !!!!!!! Hopefully we'll get to chat "in person" ... to improve my "social skillz"

[edit on 15-12-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Woah

Are you serious? I'm not Bsing...lol.

Edit- Hm, this sounds like the usual online sexual predator scenario O.o

Not that I'm accusing you of anything, just pointing out this stereotypical situation.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Hahahaha........ I'm not an online predator ..... I'm just sooo darn excited that ya live in my area

[edit on 15-12-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ahem.

Duzey-o is waiting for an update-o.....

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Sorry about that Duzey
... as for the "update" .... I actually improved alote
....... when I was talkin' to my girl over the phone I didn't blank out .... and I didn't make a fool of myself
....... I'd like to thank all ya folks for helpin' me out so far ......... after doin' my "short Podcast" I've gained some confidence ...... my hands no longer shake when I'm on the phone ...... and I'm gonna meet a fellow ATS member by the name of Hyzera in a week or so ....... ( hope I spelled it right
)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey Steve - Just saw this thread now actually - u really have been given some great advice and I'm glad it's going better for u - Like I've mentioned in the past, ur welcome to bs with me by phone for practice as well - I tend to be a big talker i.e. I talk a lot - lol - so I'm sure I'd do a pretty good job of filling in any missing gaps - heck, u might get braver just to keep me from talking so much - lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by trek315

Hahahaha......... I'd turn shy again bro
.... my hands are gettin' shaky ......... ......... never knew you'd be online this late

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join