It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
It is the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007 [PDF], and you should read it in its entirety: just as accounts of the recent abuses send chills down your spine, this beautifully argued document feels historic and has the ring of great power to correct great injustice.
What does it do? According to an alert put out by the American Freedom campaign, it would accomplish the following:
"The American Freedom Agenda Act would bar the use of evidence obtained through torture; require that federal ....
The ten points of the pledge are:
* No military commissions except on the battlefield
* No evidence extracted by torture or coercion
* No detaining citizens as unlawful enemy combatants
* Restoring Habeas Corpus for suspected alien enemy combatants
* Prohibiting warrantless spying by the National Security Agency in violation of law
* Renouncing Presidential signing statements
* Ending secret government by invoking State Secrets Privilege
* Stopping extraordinary renditions
* Stopping threats to prosecuting journalists under the Espionage Act
* Ending the listing of individuals or organizations as terrorists based on secret evidence