It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

review "I Am Legend"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Dry eyes during that dreadful scene, BH?

I'm not embarrassed to say that I had to wipe a few away.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

My eyes actually stayed dry until I pulled Jaia up into my lap. I won't speak for my husband's eyes.

Weird, I didn't see anything 'religious' about the film at all!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well she (Anna) does talk a lot about God, and claims God told her about the commune and all that. He is denying God exists until the end etc...when he realizes his purpose. They already portrayed him as going crazy, he could have just not believed her, said she heard it on the radio or whatever and have him remain in denial.

Plus the blood vial at the end thing was not well thought out, it was like they had to come up with an ending in 1 minute and finish it as quickly as possible. Realistically the vial of blood would have probably degraded quickly, and how would he know that anyone would have the resources to recreate it in a lab setting? Very messy ending.

I just found this alternative ending (it was probably the DVD but I didn't nonotice it).

Much better ending, if you haven't seen it watch it...

www.firstshowing.net...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Well she does talk a lot about God, and claims God told her about the commune and all that.

Oh, yeah! I forgot all about that!

He is denying God exists until the end etc...when he realizes his purpose.

Does he ever come to say or think that God exists? I didn't get that.

I just found this alternative ending (it was probably the DVD but I didn't nonotice it).

I didn't know about an alternative ending!?!? It wasn't on the DVD. I much prefer the alternate ending. Very cool. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yeah apparently the producers thought that ending would be too "controversial". It changes the places regarding who the villian is by implying he was actually harrassing the vampires, experimenting on them and all and that is why they went after him at the end.

He even says "I am sorry" and they pan back to show all the pics of the test subjects on the wall.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Weird, I didn't see anything 'religious' about the film at all!

Neither did I.

It wasn't until I read a previous thread on the boards that I first heard of it, and was taken back when I first heard of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I rented the movie a few weeks ago.

It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The plot went absolutely no where. It starts off with everyone "gone", which was just about all I approved of in the movie.

After the beginning, the plot progresses through a few days, and you start to get the picture that he's pretty much lost it and is talking to no one in particular.

....then it just keeps going through the story....him talking to no one in particular....nothing happening....

Next, these things, what ever they are, make their appearance. To me, they seem like a zombie/vampire mix. I happen to be sick of both vampire and zombie movies. I think they have run their course and need to kindly go away. So this part didn't really sit well.

After that, the plot gets more worthless. Suddenly, after being led on that he's the only one alive, this woman and her kid show up who are going to take him to this colony where theres a bunch of living people? Is that their idea of a plot twist? Because frankly, its cheesy and stupid.

This goes on for what seems like forever, until the end where he finds some cure for these zombie vampires. Which is really lame because the plot where the main character fails and fails and fails, only to succeed in the end and make everyone warm and fuzzy is really old and over used.

And then he blows himself up. I guess that was their idea of some great action.

Then this stupid colony makes an appearance in the movie and everything is just dandy.

This is without mentioning the flash backs. I thought the flash backs were going to be good, just like my thoughts on the movie before I put it in the DVD player, but both just ended up the same: disappointment.

I liked that they put these flash backs in to give a background story since it started the movie with everyone allegedly dead. But they show like three or four flash backs, and all you learn is that there's an evacuation, he puts his family on a helicopter and they die.

Aside from learning that some cancer drug caused all of this, you see nothing of how we got to the point shown in the beginning of the movie.

But no. The background story, like the plot, was a failure.

For the hype this movie got, it fell flat on its face. I regret paying 8 dollars to rent it.

If you haven't already seen this movie, you're wiser than the rest of us.

[edit on 7/20/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join