It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

review "I Am Legend"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Books are invariably better than the movies...

At least 99.9% of the time.

I sympathize with anyone who watched The DaVinci Code as opposed to reading the book. I have yet to see a film that was actually better than the read.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree with you on the ending part. It was just like "Okay.. Wait.. It's over? WTF?"

I found some of the CGI corny, but this is one of the very few movie that really disturbed me at times. I don't get that way often and there were two or three times that really had me #ting myself. I wish they would have dragged it out another 30-45 minutes and filled in some of the gaps of the story instead of just Soprano'ing us at the end.

Definitely worth buying the DVD and I'm not down for buying anything. Go see it if you haven't.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
just saw this last night. better then i expected it to be.

on a side note: isn't americans love for dogs a bit crazy? i think the movie emphasized this.. well in my opinion it did

you could feel the negative energy in the crowded theatre when he ... you know... the dog part......

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

on a side note: isn't americans love for dogs a bit crazy? i think the movie emphasized this.. well in my opinion it did

you could feel the negative energy in the crowded theatre when he ... you know... the dog part......

I think in most parts of the world; dogs are loved. Especially in the Philippines where the black one are considered the tastiest.

Americans do love their dogs though; That scene is one of the few in the film that really touched me as I love my dogs in that very same way.

Neurotic.....yes!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Well I haven't seen it yet and heard it was a good movie. Thanks for the ending there bodrul

I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD. I too never have time to go to the movie theater anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I recently saw this online (where exactly i wont say). But, in my opinion, if you've read the book, you probably think the movie sucks.

About all the 2 have in common are the title and the lead characters name. They left out so many of the details that;s its barely the same story, and the ending was a COMPLETE let down.

The whole concept within the book, was that society was slowly rebuilding. But, it was being done on the basis that the mass populace were nocturnal-vampiric type beings, and that the "Robert Neville" character (played by Smith) turns out to be the "Monster of Legend" by hunting down nests of the new people and killing them during the daytime. Hence the title "I Am Legend". He has become, unknowingly that is, the Daymare that haunts their nights.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The movie in my opinion wasn't the best. The ending sucked. Technically there is no action. Maybe 1 or 2 scenes, and it wasn't the best. But explosions in movies suck in my opinion. That doesn't make it an action movie because there are lots of explosions.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would have liked to see M. Night Shyamalan's reworking of it.

Rather than 'man and dog meet mutants, man meets girl, man loses girl, it could have had some interesting treatment.

Partial spoiler:
For instance do more with the 'cure', make it a nano-tech thing, and "infect" one of the zombies and have the twist be that the cure starts spreading geometrically among them. Of course, there'd be some interesting scenes as the "cured" fight/flee the "still infected", but it would incorporate a 'human ingenuity' wins in the end element. Just one possibility for a little more depth.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01For instance do more with the 'cure', make it a nano-tech thing, and "infect" one of the zombies and have the twist be that the cure starts spreading geometrically among them. Of course, there'd be some interesting scenes as the "cured" fight/flee the "still infected", but it would incorporate a 'human ingenuity' wins in the end element. Just one possibility for a little more depth.

Badge01, are you a screen writer? If not, you should be!

The entertainment industry needs creative people.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I finally went to see it this past weekend and thought it was "ok".

I did not like how it started or ended and was really hoping for some buildup and explanations of how it all came to be. To me it would have been much more entertaining if they would have started out with them discovering the "virus" and working to find a cure and watching society collapse, then progressing and maybe doing 5 minutes for each year after that and how he basically figured out how he was going to survive everyday.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Agreed,
I thought it was a good movie - one of the better ones I've seen recently.
7/10

One of the ways I judge a movie, is if I think I would watch it again - and I would definitely watch this again.
Good entertaining stuff with underlying tones that are open to interpretation.

Films better than books - what about "Starship Troopers"?

[edit on 16/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Films better than books - what about "Starship Troopers"?

Never read the book or saw the movie.

Those spider type creatures are more than enough to keep me from watching that. More than enough!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I am surprised chissler.
OK, what about the godfather? or trainspotting? both good books, both great films.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
All this movie is; is some bull# christian messege.

"Don't play god"

"Don't interviene with the devine plan"

Blah blah blah.

:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TyrannyofAmerica
All this movie is; is some bull# christian messege.

"Don't play god"

"Don't interviene with the devine plan"

Blah blah blah.

:bnghd:

This film certainly had it's faults but I didn't see the BS Christian Message.

What devine plan?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I saw this movie. It seemed better than the usual hack and slash, and might even be put next to 28 days later. I liked it, it was intense, and interesting.

The part when he is upside down... *grits teeth*

[edit on 17/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been wanting to see this movie for a while, most people i know says it's pretty good! Got a lot of mixed reviews, most of them negatively bashing the clunky dialogue and horrible CGI.

I have to admit, the CGI i saw in the trailers did look pretty bad for a big budget movie.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
review "I Am Legend"

I havent seen it......any good...?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We rented this movie last night and I was blown away. We both actually loved it. We're not huge movie-watchers, but this one had me on the edge of my seat. LOVED it!

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
on a side note: isn't americans love for dogs a bit crazy? i think the movie emphasized this..

Oh! I don't think I could have stood being in a theater full of people during that scene! You better believe I had me an 80-lb German Shepherd in my lap kissing on him after that scene! Ugh!

Great - great movie!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah I just saw it last week, I avoided it for fear of the dog scene. It was definitely a tear-jerker, though I think they also minimized it by having him get attached to mannequins and such as well.

Maybe I am the only one...I didn't think it was overly religions but it sure seemed to have a "pc flavor". Look at the stupid, insane, raving zombies. Errm...skinheads? And who saves the world in contrast?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join