It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

review "I Am Legend"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not really a big Will Smith fan but I've seen all his films.

"I Am Legend" is good solid entertainment as are all of Smiths movies but for me the story was a little to contrived but the awesome special effects of an almost deserted Manhattan made up for it.

There were some glaring inconsistancies in the script and I found Will Smiths character unbelievable; however my GF loved the movie. However I felt the ending was a little flat. A solid ending for me is usually what makes the overall effort work or fail.

Just for the sound and CGI, this movie needs to be seen on the BIG screen.

All in all, not Oscar material but for a great afternoon, I give it...

[edit on 14-12-2007 by whaaa]

[edit on 14-12-2007 by whaaa]

six

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I am wondering something. Have you seen the old Charlton Heston movie "Omega Man"? Is this the same thing? A updated version? Or something else all together?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes. Omega Man is based on the story I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

I'm looking forward to seeing this version. Someday. When it is on Netflix. (Because I don't have time to go to a theater. Sigh).

The story is awesome, the Heston movie not so great. This one can't be too bad.

Thanks for the review, whaaa!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by six
reply to post by whaaa

I am wondering something. Have you seen the old Charlton Heston movie "Omega Man"? Is this the same thing? A updated version? Or something else all together?

As I've heard yes, that's the case. It's updated.

I don't really care about that. I just want to know was it worth seeing for that buzz. Did you jump? Did you spill the popcorn? Did you yawn more then twice?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No fair
I thought it would have a worldwide premier on the 26th.
I've been dying to see this movie since april/may, but I too am anxious regarding it's similarity to Omega Man which I managed to watch 20 min. of before falling asleep.

Trailer 2, really gave me the last push, so now I'm trying to arrange a big boys night out at it's premier in DK.

Will Smith can play a "serious" role well with the right director. Hopefully this is the case in Legend
Crossing my fingers...

[edit on 14/12/07 by flice]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Am I the only one that liked The Omega Man?

I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too, if for nothing more than the fact that I hear Will Smith is shirtless at some point.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I just want to know was it worth seeing for that buzz. Did you jump? Did you spill the popcorn? Did you yawn more then twice?

Well, I didn't really get that buzz, but I am a very jaded movie fan. Very critical due to my film classes at the Univ. If you are looking for a pee in your pants moment; it's not in "Legend" I found it pretty predictable.

My interests lie in script/story, character development and the old whaaa? moments.

I can't pan this movie but it's $16 and change that I'll never see again.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
whaa is this a zombie movie? perhaps you could u2u a description of the "villians" in the flick as to not spoil it for others.

very interested in seeing this but i dont know if i want another zombie movie...

thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My first thought when i heard it was coming out was, not another one. I actually guessed it was going to come out, I posted a thread about it on a forum that uh... closed... so I can't prove it exactly... Damn, just take my word for it?
I've heard it's pretty good, and I'll make an effort tot see it. Especially since I still have so many game tokens for the arcade a the theater.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm going to see this movie 2night. It looks pretty awesome.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I don't really care about that. I just want to know was it worth seeing for that buzz. Did you jump? Did you spill the popcorn? Did you yawn more then twice?

While the movie may not be 'pee-your-pants' scary, you will most certainly not be yawning.

I jumped a number of times, even though it was semi-predictable.

And no, this is not just another zombie movie. The creatures aren't really like your average zombie at all. Tell you the truth, they seemed more like vampires.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I've been intending to watch this one. Halloween (Remake) and I Am Legend are on my "Must see List." I can't say that I have ever seen Omega Man, so I really don't have a clue as to what it's about.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
as much as i like smiths films
and have watched films and shows from his early days when i was a kid
this movie stank, sorry but i hated the story,
all it shows is him going through his life, (i have the cure within me)
and this other BS,

i would rate the film Pure BS

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
ive read the book which was great, its about vampires in the book dont know if the film is the same, i already had an image in my mind of the main character so to find out will smith is doing it i was a bit gutted as he is the complete opposite but he is a decent actor i'll have to see if he pulls it off hope they dont go hollywood on the end and make it happy

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

they dont he blows him self up with a granade
saving the woman and child

no happy ending

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I saw this movie and thought it was very boring. The first hour and a half stank. OMG!!!! They could of done so much better with this movie. Anyway, I thought it was a waste of my time and money. Not one for the theaters but to watch at home where you can do something else while watching it is better.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
NO NO don't tell us the ending! i sooooooo want to see the movie... can't wait, btw does it have any nudity or sexual scenes? I live in a country that will censor out bad language gore/nudity/sexual scenes...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I watched it last night in IMAX and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The film itself is really good, (not great) and is one that you can really sit down and get into. People that just watch it for the sake of watching it, and only give it half of their attention span, they won't get it. A lot is said in this movie, without it being said. In my opinion, a lot appeared on the screen.. but if you paid attention to what the movie was actually saying, the true message was something slightly different. I'd offer specifics but offering minor details of the movie is hardly fair for those that have not seen it yet.

As good as the movie was, Will Smith was that good and then some. I don't think I'd classify this in the "Best Picture" category, but I would classify it in the honorable mentions after the fact.

However, I do think Will Smith is going to be a serious contender for "Best Actor" this year. This was a one man show, and his ability to communicate to the audience with non-verbals was astounding. When he was afraid, you were afraid. Without saying a word, you could just sense the fear and the pain in his face. His comradery with his dog, it was just remarkable.

Would it be crazy to suggest the dog as "Best Supporting Actor"?

Overall, three stars out of four for the movie, and I give Will Smith a huge
and fully intend to see him get a nomination over this one.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Movie itself was good. Ending fell flat for me. I was hoping for a new ending, a twist ending like... The virus was stopped but when they went to search the city, they found him, and decided hey, great TV show! And recorded him until he found the cure. But no, boring ending, but good movie.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
ive read the book which was great, its about vampires in the book dont know if the film is the same,

Books are invariably better than the movies...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join