It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit Holes - Searching for Alice

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by Xayden

i moved to ellijay in 1995. the business of increased airtraffic became quite apparent in 2002.

To keep things clear here, since this thread has meandered all over the place.

You are saying that the airtraffic increased in 2002

According to your earlier statements you moved to Harpers Road in 2002. Is it possible that moving 'out of town' from your former location on East Spring Street placed you closer to a flight path? This move certainly placed you in a more remote secluded area which would make the passing of aircraft more noticeable?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

13 miles away. not so far "out-of-town." i began looking at chemtrails in 2000 and i must admit there were numerous plans travelling outside normal paths.

yes there are many contributing factors and homosexuality would, imo, be meandering way off topic but hey, we all have first impressions.

when i stumbled across S. Smith's site after i moved away from ellijay i began to connect all the varied and strange incidents. like putting pieces of the puzzle together.

in 2002 i became aware of nighly plane drops but only after the first incident.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by pavlovsdog

13 miles away. not so far "out-of-town."

You and I both know that 13 miles in that part of Georgia is a big difference. On East Spring Street there were constantly noises of town. Traffic, police cars, just the ambient noise level that is present in all towns large or small. Where you moved too, is the boonies compared to where you were. Of course you will notice sounds more, you have less distractions. In town there was also an Ambient light level present even after dark. Where you moved, there are not even streetlights. Of course that is going to make aircraft more visible after dark if they display lights, they wont be as obscured by the ambient light.

i began looking at chemtrails in 2000 and i must admit there were numerous plans travelling outside normal paths.

when did Chemtrails enter into this? They have never been mentioned in this thread and were never mentioned in our conversations

yes there are many contributing factors and homosexuality would, imo, be meandering way off topic but hey, we all have first impressions.

Frankly, it probably is. I asked that question because it was a possibility for something you brought up. You didnt, until after I brought it up, volunteer that the 'strangly dressed men' were wearing suits. I agree that is not likely to be homosexual activity. However, you only added this as an afterthought. There has been a continued effort in this thread to take the defense whenever I point out a possible alternate reason for something you or mark described. Mark has been downright hostile about it on many occasions. As I have expalined to you and others, even tho we all may be believers here, we must rule out all other explanations before we can accept the far fatched or the supernatural.

when i stumbled across S. Smith's site after i moved away from ellijay i began to connect all the varied and strange incidents. like putting pieces of the puzzle together.

So this all occurred posthumously. In other words, you didnt go searching the internet for information on secret military bases - rather you found his page and the more you read it, the more your situation was explained by it. This is the same psychological effect that people who watch commercials or read ads for prescription drugs experience. Hey, I have those symptoms, maybe I need 'xxxxofil' - that must be whats wrong with me.

We must continue to apply Occam's Razor as necessary to get to the bottom of what happened.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Interesting post Xayden! I'm glad you provided us with a bit of more info on all of this.

Positively cell towers? Or could they be used for more than one purpose? lol. I always seem to get sucky signal while in ellijay? But perhaps that's just me.

Are the jets the same as those I have described? Do they literally sound like a sonic boom to the untrained ear? I have no knowledge of aircraft types & such...all I know is, the ground was literally BOOMING as these planes flew by.

Musselwhite and snoopy - I did get both of your u2u's. I will email you both as soon as possible.

The last time I was at carters lake, which was in November I believe...the lake was too low for boating, and one of the ramps was closed off. I don't recall all of them being closed, but it is strange they are operated by the army corp engineers? Hm. I've never heard of this in the US. Strange.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lalaloo

The last time I was at carters lake, which was in November I believe...the lake was too low for boating, and one of the ramps was closed off. I don't recall all of them being closed, but it is strange they are operated by the army corp engineers? Hm. I've never heard of this in the US. Strange.

Is the conecpt of using Google totally foreign? Rather than flounder around making statements like 'isnt it strange', 'is it normal' 'why would the Army Corp of Engineers be at a lake', how about taking 10 seconds and looking something up rather than continuing to speculate and find conspiracy theories when none may exist in this particual situation?

google result

"The USACE is responsible for investigating, developing and maintaining the nation's water and related environmental resources."

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

Originally posted by lalaloo

Is the conecpt of using Google totally foreign? Rather than flounder around making statements like 'isnt it strange', 'is it normal' 'why would the Army Corp of Engineers be at a lake', how about taking 10 seconds and looking something up rather than continuing to speculate and find conspiracy theories when none may exist in this particual situation?

google result

"The USACE is responsible for investigating, developing and maintaining the nation's water and related environmental resources."

Considering it is the largest MAN MADE lake and dam, east of the Mississippi river, how does that constitute it as an environmental resource? It is by no means natural. Feel free to google that one.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

We have the right to ask one another questions. Asking a question isn't "floundering" around.

That is no way to treat our new members.

I am not picking on your grammer in that last sentence because that would be rude. No sense in being rude yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just because something is Man Made certainly does not exclude something from being an environmental resource. An 'evnvironmental resourse would include both natural and man made. In fact it is probably safe to say that a man made lake is a important environmental resource as it was built for a specific purpose. That purpose could be recreation, power generation, or any other number of uses.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm simply trying to point out the obvious. THe Corp Of Engineers started being speculated on early today and not one person thought to actually look them up and see if their presence might be considered normal, instead immediatly everyone started to speculate and look for 'men in black'.

Lets think these things out a bit is all I'm saying.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

We have the right to ask one another questions. Asking a question isn't "floundering" around.

That is no way to treat our new members.

I am not picking on your grammer in that last sentence because that would be rude. No sense in being rude yourself.

Thank you. I never have gotten the chance to thank you or even communicate with you, as this thread seems to go all over the place, lol. Just wanted to point that out

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
why is it that certain people keep getting hostile in this thread ???

not everyone on here is an expert on all subjects, so i feel a little slack is needed.

just my 2 p

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lalaloo

Well, it will be interesting to get another independent observers report on what, if anything, is going on out there these days at the edge of the Cohutta Forest.

Here are EXACT directions to the "chicken houses" that are the subject of this thread:

FRom the Ellijay square, head north/west out of town on Chatsworth Hwy 52 West. 3/10ths of a mile from the square, take Boardtown road as it veers off to the right. After about 7/10ths of a mile on Boardtown road you will pass Diane's convenience store on left, and Mac Logans farm and chicken houses on the right. So anyways, right after Dianes convenience store Boardtown road does a little "S" turn, then take very next left onto Flat Branch road (not to be confused with "Old FlatBranch" - to avoid confusion. Note: 3/4 of a mile further down Boardtown road is "Old" Flat Branch Road, but you do not want to take it), So anyways at the first Flat Branch road take left as it takes off to the left and heads up hill. Go approximately 5 - 6 miles. You will pass Dale Valley Road on the right, pass Flat Branch Baptist church and cemetary on left, then another 3 or 4/10ths of a mile past Flat Branch Baptists church, Flat Branch turns right into a 90 degree curve to the right, and as you are entering into this curve you are looking straight ahead north - right at the "chicken houses". The drive to the :chicken houses" goes off to the left immediately after the 90 degree curve. Another 1/10 of a mile and Harper Valley Road ducks off to the left and runs due north right along the eastern side of the "chicken house" property for about 3/10ths of a mile......after you pass chicken houses on your left and one or two drives off to left and right, Harper Valley Road bends left 90 degrees, and as you head into this curve, you are looking directly at 584 Harper Valley, the house Theresa and I lived at from 2002-2005. Do Not - repeat - Do Not attempt to enter the horse ranch property at the end of Harper Valley Road !!!! Theresa can explain more about why you do not want to trespass on that property ! By the way, the road signs have mysteriously dissappeared many times from the roads out there, so if Harper Valley Road sign is missing, it is the dirt road that takes off to the left just as Flat Branch Road turns from paved to gravel....thats how you'll know you are there.

link   
reply to post by lalaloo

Well, it will be interesting to get another independent observers report on what, if anything, is going on out there these days at the edge of the Cohutta Forest.

Here are EXACT directions to the "chicken houses" that are the subject of this thread:

FRom the Ellijay square, head north/west out of town on Chatsworth Hwy 52 West. 3/10ths of a mile from the square, take Boardtown road as it veers off to the right. After about 7/10ths of a mile on Boardtown road you will pass Diane's convenience store on left, and Mac Logans farm and chicken houses on the right. So anyways, right after Dianes convenience store Boardtown road does a little "S" turn, then take very next left onto Flat Branch road (not to be confused with "Old FlatBranch" - to avoid confusion. Note: 3/4 of a mile further down Boardtown road is "Old" Flat Branch Road, but you do not want to take it), So anyways at the first Flat Branch road take left as it takes off to the left and heads up hill. Go approximately 5 - 6 miles. You will pass Dale Valley Road on the right, pass Flat Branch Baptist church and cemetary on left, then another 3 or 4/10ths of a mile past Flat Branch Baptists church, Flat Branch turns right into a 90 degree curve to the right, and as you are entering into this curve you are looking straight ahead north - right at the "chicken houses". The drive to the :chicken houses" goes off to the left immediately after the 90 degree curve. Another 1/10 of a mile and Harper Valley Road ducks off to the left and runs due north right along the eastern side of the "chicken house" property for about 3/10ths of a mile......after you pass chicken houses on your left and one or two drives off to left and right, Harper Valley Road bends left 90 degrees, and as you head into this curve, you are looking directly at 584 Harper Valley, the house Theresa and I lived at from 2002-2005. Do Not - repeat - Do Not attempt to enter the horse ranch property at the end of Harper Valley Road !!!! Theresa can explain more about why you do not want to trespass on that property ! By the way, the road signs have mysteriously dissappeared many times from the roads out there, so if Harper Valley Road sign is missing, it is the dirt road that takes off to the left just as Flat Branch Road turns from paved to gravel....thats how you'll know you are there.

link   
reply to post by lalaloo

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Interesting...I checked on google maps and it "looked" a lot farther away from my home. Guess I'm not used to satellite images.

Because I live on boardtown road. lol

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

In town there was also an Ambient light level present even after dark. Where you moved, there are not even streetlights. Of course that is going to make aircraft more visible after dark if they display lights, they wont be as obscured by the ambient light.
pavlovesdog, ellijay was a sleepy little town in 1995 up to an including 2001. no cars or people after dark. i do not want to get into a discussing about the difference 13 miles makes. ok?

Originally posted by pavlovsdogwhen did Chemtrails enter into this? They have never been mentioned in this thread and were never mentioned in our conversations.
forget the chemtrails. i used the chemtrails as a point of reference.

Originally posted by pavlovsdogAs I have expalined to you and others, even tho we all may be believers here, we must rule out all other explanations before we can accept the far fatched or the supernatural.
agreed.

Originally posted by pavlovsdogSo this all occurred posthumously. In other words, you didnt go searching the internet for information on secret military bases - rather you found his page and the more you read it, the more your situation was explained by it. This is the same psychological effect that people who watch commercials or read ads for prescription drugs experience. Hey, I have those symptoms, maybe I need 'xxxxofil' - that must be whats wrong with me.
please, pavlovesdog, i began searching the "net" because i believe an undergroud military base exists and i believe project blue beam was tested and i needed to confirm my beliefs and i happened to come across his site in my search and the LIGHTS CAME ON! everything began to make since.

....But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumphet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand." Ezelkiel 33:1-6
www.biblegateway.com...:1-6&version=49

after i found smith's site, i then found ats and then i found you.

please do not forget the enormous affect this had on me physically from all the stress of (1) seeing the far fetched and unbelievable and the sci-fi; (2) knowing someone is watching you because i saw those men in those 'black suits' and (3) the devestation both personal and financial. frankly, i lost all desire to live.

Originally posted by pavlovsdogWe must continue to apply Occam's Razor as necessary to get to the bottom of what happened.
yes, pavlovsdog, let's. thanks.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xayden

yes, according to google earth, you live exactly 5.7 miles from harper valley. i always tell people go 5.7 mile (after you turn off boardtown), the pavement ends and on the left is harper valley.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
with regards to the planes.. if you check the air force flys a routine route that covers this area they fly up from dobbins in marettia north over gilmer county then make a westerly turn over to chattanooga then a southernly turn donw over dalton area as they finish their final leg back to dobbins.these aircraft often fly very low and the size and sound make them a target of may types of speculation.
Just a few thoughts on some of the happenings.. although i plan on making the trip over there in the next couple days, since I live in dalton it isn't that far...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by drflavio309

welcome, drflavio309. thanks for the plane flight information. I do recall one evening while on the back deck, a plane came from the direction of the coach's house. it looked as though it were coming right at me and i started screaming for mark. i really thought the plane was going to hit the house. i also believe this act was to scare mark and i.

as for the "men-in-black" - there were in what i can describe as wet-suits. it was always raining, hard, when i knew we were being watched. my cat would go from sliding glass door to the next. my dog refused to go outside at night.

either there "was" a gathering of UFOs or it was project blue beam being tested.

i have also found a neighbor who has attested to seeing the lights. he also has attested to the "weirdness" of the farm not being manned or stocked.

drflavio309, i'm going to get his exact address and you might want to pay him a visit. email me.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just joining this thread, thanks all for the information so far. What is the current status of the 'investigation' of this site? Who (if any) are currently trying to find out what's going on truly at this possible rabbit hole?

So far from what I've read the location is 584 Harper Valley Rd., a chicken farm with looks like 6 chicken pens (if thats what they're called
). That road has a house on the right (traveling north) that musselwhite and hubby lived at, as well as a horse ranch at the end of the road (gated do not enter).

Is this a public road? If so, are any photos of the area going to be posted to this thread? Areas of interest:

►Any fencing around the perimeter
►The gated horse ranch entrance
►Chicken pens and surroundings
►Aircraft overflights and drops
►Strange occurrences, lights in the sky etc

I think I read that the OP now has a camera whereas previously did not, has the OP or husband taken any of these photos or any others? Any photos of the house at 511 Harper while you were living there? Old school photos can be scanned and uploaded as well (let me know if I can help in this regards).

Thanks for the info, sorry for all the questions, but it seems this thread hasn't really gotten anywhere in 8 pages, so I'd figured I'd give it a nudge.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
What is the current status of the 'investigation' of this site? Who (if any) are currently trying to find out what's going on truly at this possible rabbit hole?
there are a few that's interested in possibly exploring

The following is a list of rural underground access point indicators. . A well maintained branch road leading to a little used park or recreational facility.
2. Electrical power lines that are routed near facility, when such routing results in longer line length and/or routing over a natural obstacle (mountain, river, etc.).
3. Electrical power lines or substations much larger than visible local load requirements.
4. Large reservoirs that serve no apparent useful function. Example: not needed for flood control or civilian water supply, or that have larger capacity than is required for presumed function.
5. The presence of truck traffic on rural roads with no known destination, or inappropriate truck types for apparent destination.
6. A public park or recreational facility that is maintained at a level well in excess of other nearby facilities, especially if facility less well known or used than other nearby facilities.
7. Public facility personnel (park rangers, etc.) that are overly nosey and/or suspicious of your activities, especially if personnel occupy the site on a 24/7 basis.
8. Public park or recreational facility where part of facility is fenced off, or accessed by a gated road, or otherwise made inaccessible to the general public.
9. The presence of inappropriate or unusual structures and/or construction methods. Examples: small cinder block building with an electrical power feed normally used on major office buildings. An unmarked, but well maintained trail in public park. An old building (possibly abandoned) with a new door, and expensive lock.
10. People at camp grounds that seem out of place. Example: improperly dressed, or using inappropriate equipment, or having unusual accents (these are people taking a recreational break from underground facilities).
11. Well maintained roads that are not shown on maps, or follow a different route than shown on maps.
12. A noticeable lack of wildlife (birds, small animals, insects, etc.) in a location that would normally support a large wildlife population (see 1.2.4 preface).
13. Any of the applicable indicators listed under urban rabbit hole detection. Example: unbalanced traffic flows, etc.

As with urban rabbit hole detection, this list is far from complete. It is intended to illustrate what sort of indicators to look for, when searching for rural underground access points. Again, all of the techniques employed in urban rabbit hole discovery are applicable to rural underground access points. However, it must be stressed that rural access point detection and observation is far more dangerous. Not only are there less people to hide your activities, but a larger faction of those people who are present will likely be rabbit hole occupants or guardians. Failure to exercise due caution may lead to becoming an unwilling underground guest. For this reason, the author suggests one or more of the following precautions.

1. Be very discreet in rural underground access point observation.
2. Always inform a trusted friend of your intended destination and expected time of return.
3. When possible, use a group recreational outing as cover for your activities.
4. Spread your observation activities over several months, at random times and days of the week.
5. Assume you are being watched at all times, and act appropriately. i.e. As somebody who is enjoying a day in the park
www.geocities.com...

as i no longer live in ellijay but have desired to go back.

Originally posted by battlestargalacticaSo far from what I've read the location is 584 Harper Valley Rd., a chicken farm with looks like 6 chicken pens (if thats what they're called
).
after the farm was sold two additional chicken houses were constructed along w/an incinterator and storage. It was NOT in full operation as of October 31, 2005.

Originally posted by battlestargalacticaThat road has a house on the right (traveling north) that musselwhite and hubby lived at
i believe you speak of the owners of the chicken houses. there is a website that allows interaction and i can draw a picture. Pavlovesdog has this website but i will attempt to find it and post it.

Originally posted by battlestargalacticaas well as a horse ranch at the end of the road (gated do not enter).
we were the last house on the right side of harper valley before you enter the property of the coach's house.

Originally posted by battlestargalacticaIs this a public road?
yes, this is a public road that lead to Fowler's Lake and has since been off limits to public access.

Originally posted by battlestargalactica►Any fencing around the perimeter
yes, an electrified fense surround the chicken farm and was erected in 2005.

Originally posted by battlestargalactica►The gated horse ranch entrance
the horse ranch has 7 miles of electrified fense encased in white, vinyl type fense. although, at the time i lived at 584 the fence was not "hot."

Originally posted by battlestargalactica►Chicken pens and surroundings
yes, see above.

Originally posted by battlestargalactica►Aircraft overflights and drops. on a regular bases. i remember telling mark december 31, 2004, to expect another drop and sure as i'm typing a drop takes place; however, i will say, after that particular night, the flight schedules changed and so did the drop sites. the drop sites were further away but not so far to abstruct my view.

Originally posted by battlestargalactica►Strange occurrences, lights in the sky etc
my computer is acting strange

I think I read that the OP now has a camera whereas previously did not, has the OP or husband taken any of these photos or any others? Any photos of the house at 511 Harper while you were living there? Old school photos can be scanned and uploaded as well (let me know if I can help in this regards).

Thanks for the info, sorry for all the questions, but it seems this thread hasn't really gotten anywh

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join