It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening 'attack' on me in my sleep last night... input please.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just want to say first that I have experienced sleep paralysis before and I remember seeing visions and feeling intense vibrations throughout my body. I also remember having my eyes open and super-imposed with these visions. My experience last night was nothing like the sleep paralysis I know of.

Last night I was 'attacked' either in a dream or in sleep paralysis. All I remember is becoming conscious (either lucid in the dream or consciously awake) asI felt something very heavy pushing down on my right side. It was something dark and I had the distinct impression that it had been feeding on me and that I had caught it in the act. I felt it was a conscious entity and immediately thoughts of a lower-dimensional 'thing' came to my mind.

It was like a whole portion of my vision had gone jet black even though I could see some light on my other side. I can consciously recall that this darkness was swarming over me and I could hear a 'roar' of energy. I know this sound very well from sleep paralysis and other phenomena concerning my astral body. This sound was coming from the darkness on top of me and not my own body. This sound was what I would imagine dark energy to sound like and it frightened me in that regard. I do not like to use the word demonic but whatever was creating the sound was hissing and growling in an aggressive manner.

I realized suddenly that this wasn't sleep paralysis and began struggling to push my arms out or push whatever was on top of me away. I did not began to panic but I knew that I was being attacked. I am not in any way used to psychic phenomena or struggling with entities in my sleep so it surprised me to recall later that I had tried to consciously fill my body with light. I closed my eyes and began focusing on pure bright white light filling my body. I feel that I got far enough to fill some of my body with this light and that it repulsed the dark 'entity' - and this is where my memory ends.

I recalled this attack about 20 minutes after waking up this morning. It happened to me late in the night while I was deep asleep and I still don't know if I was awake or asleep. I feel very uncomfortable bringing up details of this event because I know that dark entities exist in the astral and I don't want to believe that I was visited by anything like that. I am hoping it was a dream about such entities and that I didn't actually experience this, but I know in my heart that I did
I am starting to wonder if my sharp drop of spiritual practices has allowed this to happen to me. I never had experiences like this, or even nightmares, when I was practicing meditation and prayer. Now that I have stopped for over 5 months, I do have nightmares, and this is one of the worst experiences I've had in my sleep. It frightens me more that I could not remember what happened after fighting the entity off with light, and that I did not remember this event until late in the morning.

If anyone has experience with this sort of thing please alleviate my concern that this was a real attack. Thanks.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i just want to say that the mind is VERY powerful. it is very possible, perhaps even likely that it was more dream-related than actual astral phenomena. i have had experiences while sleeping that i would swear are real, but when i woke up everything was normal. unless you start having problems while you're awake, i wouldn't worry much about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just wanted to let you know that there are several threads on ATS regarding 'sleep paralysis'.

I have experienced this myself several times back in 1994. It began and ended suddenly. On one occasion my husband was also attacked at the same time. Each of us not knowing the other was wide awake.

This is why I believe it is NOT sleep paralysis!

Do a search for all the threads relating to 'sleep paralysis.

cheers
res

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sounds like bumpy re-entry from astral travel.

Do you recall any astral travel events previously?? Some have reported being with other energies while traveling. Maybe it was 'someone' that was traveling with you??

zen

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It happened to me over a year ago and it is hard to forget.

I was sleeping on my stomach and I woke up feeling like "something" black and smallish was on my back trying to kill me by pulling me out of me and I felt like I barely escaped death.

I don't think it is sleep paralysis because the feeling was so strong of an entity being present and so many stories about it are so similar.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel

Do you recall any astral travel events previously?? Some have reported being with other energies while traveling. Maybe it was 'someone' that was traveling with you??

zen

No I don't remember any recent events like this. Bumpy-re-entry is a perfect way to describe my first sleep paralysis experience. This felt more like 'waking up' and catching something in the act of feeding on me. It distinctly felt like I had woken up with a predator feeding on me, like a camper might feel waking up with a mountain lion on top of him. I could not see hardly anything except the darkness of the entity and a small amount of light, I am now wondering if my spirit was struggling with something and woke me up in order to witness it or 'help' get it off. Agh.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
from reading such threads seems to me that this phenomenon occours more and more to people who practice mind relaxation such as meditation, but thats what i have noticed.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by plug_pray]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I want to forget all of this and move on but I think I should be honest about my impressions and my intuition first, maybe you can help more if I do...

Upon becoming conscious of the entity the first impression in my mind was that it was demonic/vampiric or just plain nasty. I distinctly felt this was a presence that was mean and nasty and was trying to bully me. When I started 'fighting back' it became aggressive and pushed back harder on me. When I started filling myself with light, my memory ends. I am afraid that I 'blacked out' of the dream or whatever I was experiencing.

I just want to be honest about my intuition which told me 'this is a bad thing from somewhere low.' I got this impression immediately upon becoming conscious during the struggle.

All of this happened more with feeling than anything. I could hear it, feel it, and fight it, but could see very little except darkness struggling against light.

Those are all the details I can muster, thanks for your attention.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel

zen

Or the landing gear got stuck.....

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Look into 'Night Terrors' as this is what I think you've experienced. It's a type of intense dream, sometimes there can even be physical reactions to these dreams.
My sister suffered from these types of dreams for a few years when she was in her teens.
Has anything else traumatic happened in your life recently?
Maybe something that you do not feel to be bothering you in your day to day life?
These are the types of things that can haunt your dreams...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
It happened to me over a year ago and it is hard to forget.

I was sleeping on my stomach and I woke up feeling like "something" black and smallish was on my back trying to kill me by pulling me out of me and I felt like I barely escaped death.

I don't think it is sleep paralysis because the feeling was so strong of an entity being present and so many stories about it are so similar.

I did feel like it was pulling on my astral body as well, stretching it and warping it. This was very different from the strong-vibrational feeling of sleep paralysis, where it feels more like I am stuck in place vibrating. This was a pulling/warping sensation.

Look into 'Night Terrors' as this is what I think you've experienced. It's a type of intense dream, sometimes there can even be physical reactions to these dreams.

I just wish I hadn't gotten the distinct impression that I was struggling with a seperate entity. If I had woken up in the middle of a nightmare with sleep paralysis I could have instantly calmed myself. This was a distinct struggle between my consciousness and something seperate and aggressive. Even in dreams, when I fight someone or things get violent, I am aware that my consciousness is projecting onto them. In this situation it felt like my consciousness was witnessing and struggling against something attempting to rape my astral body.

Talking about it has made me feel better and I think I can let this go. If it happens again I'm going to keep it to myself. I am concerned that I've had a spiritual lapse and that I had this coming to me, that even if it was a real attack, it's between me and my spirit and I need to fortify myself by going back to studying spiritual and higher-conscious material.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm curious... Why not use the word "demonic"?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The mindset to get at, is one of complete control.

I have also had a few of these experiences. Don't worry, nothing will physically harm you, unless you intend. You eventually learn to get past the "vibration" phase, and just shift into a lucid or OOBE state. Let it go, experience it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
posted on 2006/1/30 @ 19:19

I've had similiar experiences...

I've had the scratches across my chest and back, usually running horizontal across my trunk. Sometimes there will be deep scratches across my legs as well; I can see why some would think that scratches are done by the self while sleeping... after all, that's what my first reaction was (with the exception of the ones on the back, I thought I had slept on something).

I've also had bruising. Very particularly shaped bruises...

I have had a foot shaped bruise on my inner left thigh. Maybe it was the result of a blood clot or a charlie horse, and I may have smacked it loose in my sleep, who knows? But the one bruise I am most proud of, and one that I cannot think of any possible means of doing to myself is this:

I had a hand shaped bruise on the back of my right upper arm; thumb and finger shaped marks were clearly visible. The only problem? It appeared as if it was right handed: the thumb was towards my chest, the fingers wrapped around the other side of my arm.

As a side note, I have also woken up covered in thin layers of dust... don't know what that's supposed to mean...

For me, I usually chalked it up to astral combat experiences, as I have been known to do such things, but for you, I cannot say.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Awesome input soothsayer, I'm glad I've never experience physical trace attacks like your bruises, that sounds really rough.

Originally posted by ReginaAdonna
I'm curious... Why not use the word "demonic"?

Acknowledging demonic presence in any form is kind of a superstitious no-no to me. This house used to be somewhat haunted but it eventually cleared out, so I'm just apprehensive now of mentioning anything evil...

[edit on 15-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Check out titles under lucid dreams, But first check with any family member if they heard anything like you screaming while trying to wake up. Am sure if they heard you they would of awaken you.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Hi, I had a very intense dream last night and I woke up so scared...I tried to explain it to myself. I had to look into it more so I googled it and I came across your post! I couldn't believe that I would find someone who this happend too...not only that, you described the feelings and the surroundings just about exactly as i had them. Are you still having dreams like this or whatever they are? I don't want to have this experience again! I thought maybe something was trying to tell me that something bad was or did happen to someone in my family maybe...I still haven't called everybody yet! I checked my kids first of course and they are fine! I guess...I don't know...Its blowing my mind on what the hell that was! was it real? was it a dream??? it felt and sounded soo real...any advice? thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I recall reading about a situation similar to yours quite a while back. People have described almost the same thing as you, with something sitting on them. Some describe feeling like the air is being sucked out of them at the same time.

I believe it is called the old hag syndrome, or the grey lady.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sounds like you encountered an astral plane vampire.
Demon? No you would probably be dead by now.

Astral plane vampires can be creatures, or other person trying to draw power from you.
It often happen to those who have not learned how to protect themselfs with mental barriers.

It is difficult to close the conduit you open, very so if you do it unknowingly in your sleep.

And as you say that your place have been haunted in an earlier episode before this, it could be an old conduit still left.

I had a similar experience a few years ago, only thing that is consistent is the shadow hovering above you.
Unless it was feeding on my emotions that is, but it was extremely powerfull.
I've been into the paranormal for ever 15 years, and never encountered any thing like it.
I reccomend a cleansing of sorts.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Sleep paralysis, the state right before the "ka" seperates from the physical body eventually leading to astral travel. Right before this happens for the first time you encounter the "dweller on the threshold". My guess is this is what you experienced. When you can overcome "him/her/it" you are ready to leave your body.

You need nerves of anamantium.

J

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join