It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video From 1967 Uncannily Predicts Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A video from Philco electronics has surfaced on You Tube that uncanilly predicts email and shopping from home.

I think its pretty cool that they correctly predicted flat screen monitors and emails. Of course, we know they were probably working on this stuff back in 1967 since Darpanet was the forerunner of the internet.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaFactorZ

That's kind of creepy, though I'm not quite sure why.

This is no longer a single line post.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Perhaps its the term "central bank computer" that makes it creepy.

EDIT- There is more to this video at you tube if you look for 1999: Intro and 1999:Kitchen of the future

[edit on 14-12-2007 by OmegaFactorZ]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaFactorZ

It's not that difficult to predict the technologies of the future if you keep up to date with the latest developments. When a prototype of some gadget or technology is released, it would have taken around 15-20 years back then for it to hit the mainstream markets. These days the estimate has been lowered, but not by much -- 10-15 years for revolutionary ideas, 3-5 years for extensions of existing ideas.

Combine all that knowledge with a healthy dose of common sense and practicality, and you can make predictions yourself. It's the basis for sci-fi

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Pretty soon we'll all have monitors like in Minority Report instead of flat screen monitors.

Its just kind of fun seeing stuff from the past like that though- I just want to know where my flying car they kept promising us is....

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Central Bank Computer?! That's it. I can't get away from it!

Click here to join in the lively discussion on "central banking."

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaFactorZ
Pretty soon we'll all have monitors like in Minority Report instead of flat screen monitors.

Actually the displays in Minority Report were idiotic in that you could see right through them. How distracting would that be? But if you take away that negative characteristic, then the technology is basically here now. Video below shows the new OLED displays that are starting to come out.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Elhardt]

new topics

top topics

join