It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Spin on Shadow People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am a cop and former Military Policeman. I work for a large midwest police department and have seen a lot, being that I have worked the toughest precincts. While in the military I had high security clearences and spent alot of time in the field. I've prefaced my experience with those facts in an attempt to head off some people who are quick to scream mental issues as an explanation to the unexplainable.

I was a member of the auto theft unit last summer, 2006, and we were running "bait car" operations on a local interstate. The plan was to haul out a "junk" car onto the interstate berm and sit, wait and watch hoping a crooked tow truck operator would hook it as junk. I know some are thinking, "Why not throw a GPS on the POS and sit in the office instead of using the manpower to set up surveillance." That would be fine if we weren't afraid of losing a $4000 GPS, so we sit.

As procedures had it we were set up as a three officer team breaking the time down as seen fit by the officers.The thefts were taking place through the night so the shifts were only twelve hours. I took the first watch. Starting around 9pm I sat in a "blacked out" Taurus in a residential area watching a piece of crap car sit on an interstate. The time passed pretty quickly with a crossword, a Hollywood rag, and a decent game on the radio. Day turned to dusk and finally to night and the car just sat there.

My shift ends at 1am with not so much as a nibble on the bait car. I proceed to the nearest "Stop and Rob" and grab a pop, a Red Bull and a candy bar. Nutrition at it's best. My job now is to run chase car if the car is taken. I tried to stay close enough to an interstate entrance as to where I could jump on without creating any unwanted attention but I also needed a spot out of the public eye. It's embarrassing when a citizen makes a suspicious person call on you (but good because they don't take you as a cop). I chose a local park. It closed at 11pm, wide open for about 100 yards in all directions, and I could park facing the entrance making it quick to get on the interstate.

I got settled in after throwing down the Red Bull and letting my partners where I was. The only light in the car was from the radio LED which shone green. Out of the corner of my eye I catch movement from the wood line. I think to myself, "I must be pretty hidden if the deer are coming at me". I try to adjust my eyes to the movement and can only pick up silhouettes that don't have shapes. There were five or six silhouettes and I was thinking about past deer seasons when something really strange happened. The objects separated and formed into what I can only describe as a military wedge formation. I immediately think that I am about to get ambushed or robbed. I stay still as I can while grabbing my mag-light and securing my 9mm. Hopefully the darkness hid my movement as they came closer. I know that within 50yds I can hit a target on the well lit range but from a car in the dark, I have to let them get within 10 yds to have a chance. Hopefully, they think I am sleeping so I'll at least I can initiate the action. The sweat was streaming down my face as the adrenaline started to dump. I waited as long as I could, then in one quick movement I raised my flashlight and gun together only for nothing to be there. Nothing. No movement, no mist, no nuthin'.

I know what I was seeing, even in the dark. I recognized the synchronized movement, caught them as they came from the woods and I had every sense of the night. I had not heard of shadow people working as a unit. Did I surprise them? Were they after me or did I happen onto something? All these questions arise when I go back to that night.

Crazy...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IMNOTNUTZ

Woah, that was a pretty intense story. I am not a huge believer in shadow people, but to think that they would work in a group is pretty damn freaky!!!

Did you change where you parked after that?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Excellent recollection. If you distinctly saw figures than you know what you saw, indeed. It's always best to trust your intuition.

I wonder sometimes if shadow people are literal entities from a lower dimension. I have heard too often from drug-abusers that after long binges they see shadow people. Typical meth-head stuff right. But what causes them to appear? Lower vibrations. We are all susceptible to slipping into lower states of consciousness. Once our mind operates on the most basic mechanisms maybe it is more susceptible to picking up on entities on a different plane. Not necessarily good entities either.

If you consider how often mankind had to keep himself in these basic frequencies for survival purposes (remaining vigilant during a night-long guard of a village or avoiding predators for example) maybe it makes sense that shadow people were common in the ancient world. We call them stick people here, and they are shadowy figures that haunt the woods. The indians would see them while hunting or especially at night, they would come down from the forest and run across peoples lawns etc. Who knows what they are.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was wondering , what if those shadow people are beeings/people/et with cloaking technology ? Why does it have to be enteties from other dimensions ? I belive in those also but a more simple explanation would be that they use some kind of cloaking technology that makes them literally invisible to the naked focused eye . Maybe thats why the only way to see them is out of the corner of your eye , because it is not focused on a certain point ?

Or it could be a cloaking / phasing technology
?

The OP said he clearly saw them moving in a military formation , well maybe because they were military
?

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Thill]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is from an exisying thread that I had posted on from a couple years back... hope it sheds the light on some things...

My shadow creatures

I have seen shadow creatures before (well, still do), and have thought of them as being arcane in nature. From my experiences, there are five different types:

Type 1- A small "humanoid" figure, no more than two-three feet tall, devoid of any characteristics/physical appearances. Relatively, they appear to be a mass (body) with a "head". They are confined to flat vertical surfaces, much like a shadow. Harmless, they are merely servants.

Type 2- More humanoid, they have body, defined head shape, and long thin arms. No legs. No visible details, still much a "shadow". Able to move about on any flat surface, including ceilings, but are still confined to a flat surface which may hold their shape and size. Roughly 5-6 feet tall. They are inquisitive, curious, but harmless (other than giving a fright to the unsuspecting).

Type 3- Similiar to Type 2, but with legs. NOT confined to flat surface like a shadow, has ability to crawl across objects. "Hands" and "feet" must be in contact with solid objects, but body and head are above and off nay surfaces. They move about like geckos... they are also harmless, but give off an atmosphere of something... more.

Type 4- Undefined gigantic shadowy mass. Free moving, able to move in three dimensions, off surfaces. Usually, they are not in contact with surfaces. Large enough to fill a normal sized living or family room. Usually unseen, due to the fact that they appear in total darkness. Can do no physical harm, but can cause great mental paranoia/fear. They also move in pacts. Bright light causes them to disappear.

Type 5- Not so much a shadow creature, more like a minor demon. Whereas types 1-4 are made of shadow-stuff (transluscant), the Type 5 are solid blackness, though still without "depth". Defined physical outline of arms, fingers, legs and feet. Most appear in human form. They are able to communicate, although they have no mouth or ears that are noticeable. They do, however, have eyes. The Type 1 shadow are the servants of these creatures.

Well, those are the shadow creatures I have seen.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yes the shadow people do exist. I've only seen them out of the corner of my eye just one at a time. My wife usually encounters them in groups. There's one pair of shadow people she is able to communicate with many times a year.

What they are, I don't know.

Keep on posting at ATS. Your thread was well written.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have seen these shadow people too! three times in my life, the most intense out of the 3 was the "2nd time" when i saw one of them putting me back, at least thats what i think happen.

it was strange, i had two days off from work so i slept all day long.. woke up around 9pm at night, at 12am i laid back on the couch not tired at all and excited because Clash of the Titans was about to come on TV! the next thing i know it's about 4am in the morning and i cannot move, and at the end of the couch is a shadow being.

This shadow being looked like it had some sort of hooded robe on and eyes that had a slight white shine to them, to the left of the couch was one of the windows to the front of my house and coming, passing thru the closed window was at first what i thought was another shadow being laying in the air which was weird to me but now i think what was coming thru the window was me,my life force or something that was a part of me? i could not move and was scared like never before. what was weird is my cat could move and he jumped off the arm of the couch and ran!

it felt like i had to fight with all of my spirit to get up off of the couch, i will never forget this event in my life.

i am undecided on what i think they are but u have seen them pass thru walls.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I apologize for ending the story before all the loose ends are tied up.

I actually sat there stunned for an instant, and then I started chuckling to myself as if I were the last one let in on a dumb joke. I did move, however, not because of fear but because I just wanted out of the area. The intensity of the situation left me drained.

The bait car was picked up that night, we played cat and mouse with the bad guys, and we ended our operation successfully but not without an experience I won't soon forget.

I appreciate the positive feedback I have received so far and I apologize for not having any answers to whom or what I encountered. I just needed to put the experience into writing so hopefully, I can get over it. I'm not traumatized by the encounter; I just needed to take the edge off of the experience. It's been over a year and I still feel like it happened hours ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I remember a President four years ago saying to a few reporters about a SHADOW government in Place. Right after that the ch*t hit fan. In some circles in Washington.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is a thread from a few months back with some interesting reading. My encounter is on the first or second page, and here is a drawing of what I saw:
Shadow Man

It's kind of funny...at the time of my experience with a shadow person, many years ago, I lived in a house that had all sorts of weird stuff going on, mostly poltergeist type activity. I have never been as curious about the poltergeist stuff as I was about the shadow person. My shadow man is the one thing that all these years later I still just want to know what it is! Poltergiests? Not so much, I've heard they are just noisy spirits, but I think they are a little more devious than that, and am probably better off not knowing

Thanks for sharing your story...wondering, have any of your colleagues ever spoken about seeing anything like you did, and did you tell them about your encounter?

...and nope...your not nuts!

[edit on 12/15/2007 by shockedonlooker]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wow have you ever thought about going into the writing business? That looked like a professional story!

But anyway, has anyone ever come in contact with a shadow person who mentally convinced you that they were someone you knew?

I remember waking up in the middle of the night and something standing in my room, and for no particular reason I thought it was my mom.
I later asked her and everyone else if they had come in my room and the swore they hadn't.

--

And about your story, have you ever experienced anything paranormal after that? You might be a marked man! Hehe just kidding.

-Will

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis
But anyway, has anyone ever come in contact with a shadow person who mentally convinced you that they were someone you knew?

-Will

I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if a stranger who had been contacted by a shadow person attempted to convince me that I knew them?

No. That hasn't happened. In fact, it would be difficult for that to happen because in our profession, we constantly play "Good guy, bad guy" when we meet someone off the job. Even walking through the local grocery store, we try to know who is around us at all times and we try to figure out if we know anyone and how we know them.

I am very skeptical by nature. So if someone, out of the blue, approached me and started a conversation about "shadow people", I would most likely distance myself quickly unless there was some confirmable evidence presented.

This encounter was a surprise to me and my unsuspecting group of shadows. When I say "unsuspecting", I mean, at this time, I really don't think they realized I was there, and they were concentrating on an objective that I happened to be in line with.

I have had numerous experiences in my life that have made it difficult to mentally rattle me as far as paranormal or supernatural situations and I did not recognize this as one of those situations while it was occurring.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You misunderstood , I think he was asking if you ever came in contact with a shadow beeing that tricked you into thinking that it was somebody you know (IE: your wife , your kid , your friend) ..

on topic: I only saw a shadow person once or twice in my life but both times I knew exacly that it is nobody that I meet before.

new topics

top topics

join