It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Eat this?!? (KFC's Chicken Bowls)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Our new bowl is a blend of mouth-watering KFC flavors and textures all layered together. We start with our signature mashed potatoes layered with sweet kernel corn and loaded with bite-size pieces of crispy chicken. Then we top with our homestyle white pepper gravy and sprinkle with our shredded three cheese blend. For the final touch, we tuck a buttermilk biscuit in the side. (Subject to availability)

It's so absurd
What next? Wrapped in a batter and deep fried?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've had those a couple of times. They're actually not bad. Too expensive, and too much of it, but not bad. They can be tasty if you're in the mood for something like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Darn right!

Can't gettem in Canada. I always grab a few when I go the States.

Anything in moderation.........right?

edit to add smilie

[edit on 14-12-2007 by x-phile]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I haven't tried one but I heard it is the fast food item that has the highest fat and calorie content. Now I am a big girl and I like to over-eat like any other fat girl but I think that's something that even I will stay away from.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They are in the Calgary Market right now. It is the first I've ever seen it. It doesn't come with the biscuit.

Maybe I'll have one of these at the KFC/Tacobell and then spend an hour using their toilet.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
should i be ashamed that i don't see a problem with this? =)

it's not like the bowl is made of fried chicken. i've never had this particular "meal" but i've had others like it and sometimes i get a craving for this stuff. hash browns, cheese, sausage and/or ham......

[edit on 14-12-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would've enjoyed something like that in my youth... but now I look at it and almost cringe. I wonder how many calories is in that? And what is it going to do to your intestines? Maybe it should come with some prune juice.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

It has a whole load of mashed potatoes which is way more starch and carbs than a person should eat in a day, and just for the record I am not a low-carb advocate.

On top of that they pile on the gravy in a larger portion than one should really have. Then they put cholesterol filled fried chicken on top of that with artery clogging cheese and honestly corn doesn't have any nutritional value to it either.

Also, I highly doubt they are making all these ingredients from scratch, they are probably getting the gravy and the potatoes and what not from a factory that packs this stuff full of preservatives and chemicals.

I'm going to go look up the nutritional info on that.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here is the nutritional info for the KFC Bowl

I guess not bad compared to a whopper, but about 20 more carbs than a person should have in a meal, it has 32 grams of fat which is about what a person should have in a day, very high in cholesterol and sodium.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That looks pretty good. Have to find a KFC somewhere around here.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ooooo..

I love the famous bowls. Haven't had one in a while though...

Perhaps I'll stop and pick one up for dinner tonight...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
they're pretty tasty.
i've had em a few times

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think these were the kinds of responses Umbrax was expecting.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I don't think these were the kinds of responses Umbrax was expecting.

To each his own, you can't argue people's tastes.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

sure you can! It's BTS!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah right...

For Brakfast...mcgrittle

for lunch...poutine

for supper chicken bowl

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'll Pass on the KFC Chicken Bowls thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It looks to me like a mix of a common meal, in "salad" form...if they called it salad, that'd be crossing the line however...

...into PSYCHOSIS.

Chicken Bundlez™

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've had this before, and it was nasty. I see why we Americans love it though, I mean how much faster could we cram 4 types of food down our throats? I got it! Put em ALL in a BOWL!

The chicken gets all soggy in there, and the cheese and corn mixed with mashed potatoes makes it taste like a mouth full of

My arteries never forgave me.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
dammmmnn the sodium content is crazy..no thanks. i dont eat chicken anyway.. damn yo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join