It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons In Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I have to came to a lot of lows/obsticles in my life, that in return have made me stronger. A lesson was always learned from each of these experiences and I got more wise. I would like to hear your experiences and lessons, hoping I can build and learn from other peoples mistakes.

I'm always up for self-improvement, and I'm sure I can learn a lot from the opinions/advice from ATS members. Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
My life seems to be one lesson after another,
and still seems to be going on. but i also live with the fact that it will make me stronger. and to be honest i understand alot of people a heck of alot better,

first i was abandoned as a babie,
in and out of foster care, then moved in and out
with mt dad,
then moved to the US where my uncle lived on a ranch
Thats were i leared about life.

Then moved back to the UK
moved in with Grandmother, who had cancer and lekuima i was 9yrs old
so became a young carer. as she was in a wheel chair.

then at the age of 13 fell in love...by 15 he was hitting me, stayed till i was 23 till finally i had help leaving him.

took ill myself so had to work hard to recover.
went to collage while i was recovering.

list goes on and on....
still to this day i face many battles. woth my past and futcher. but i believe i have helped alot of people due to my own experienced.

i help run a domestic violence center ...in my spare time.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is our purpose in this life, to learn the lessons that we didn't learn in our past life, if we had one. In turn, we are one step closer to reaching our goal of Heaven by learning a life lesson.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Being In Iraq has taught me alot...I know how to deal withjustabout anything now

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Live. Breathe. You aren't what you own. Roll. Adapt. Be happy, because you only live once.

Don't back down, and don't let them take what's your without a fight.

DE

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The lessons are so numerous and varied that it would take a book with infinity pages to catalogue them all and provide them here in this post for you to dissect.

If you say LOVE was what always won in the end (as understood by most humans), you have been missing a big point. What is love? You cannot attribute your success to something you do not understand or know, unless you DO understand and know, in which case LOVE is exactly what wins in the end. But it is the interpretation of love that makes all the difference. So once again, do you know what it is? It is very simple and precise... and there is no "vague" meaning at all. Something very obvious too if you pay attention and think carefully. You have asked for a lessons, so here it is. Figure out what love means! When you do, it will be a burst of knowledge for you. Suddenly many things in life will make all the sense in the world, that previously have evaded you. Most people are absolutely confused and deceived about what love is. So what is it?

EDIT: Ok maybe you didn't say "love" cuz I just read your post again and can't find it this time around (go figure). But it is a huge point nevertheless, so see if you can answer that question (to yourself) anyway!

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by lilblam]

new topics

top topics

join