It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best Blue Angels photos you'll see all day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
home.comcast.net...

What's to discuss? The closeness of the aircraft to the watercraft. The shockwave building up off the aircraft's wings Maybe it's the visual disturbance on the water under the plane. These are awesome photos!

Full size photos at the above link.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

sweet picture

curious though wouldnt the water damage the plane?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Those are some nice pix.

When I first moved to SF, the Blue Angels freaked me out. I thought we were under attack -- all these jets blasting so low over the city. It was scary stuff.

I never did go out to the water to see what was going on out there. Though when I was in my rock band, we had a show during fleet week and we had to pry sailors off ourselves in order to leave the bar after our set.

Thanks for the picks, dbates!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Awesome awesome pics!!

Flying under the Golden Gate, that's just amazing. Shockwaves, very cool.

Very close to the yachts, yowza! I wonder how it felt down there watching and hearing those jets so damn close.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wow - that is seriously cool. You must have slightly less stringent rules regarding air shows over there, here in the UK there has to be one definite crowd line and the planes are not even allowed approach it let alone cross it, that pic where he says it was doin 700 mph between boats at 15 meters or something is something else, would of killed to be where that dude in the red jacket was on his little boat - with a days supply of beer! :w:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was in Myrtle Beach about 3 years ago, and they were going to be performing in the air show there. The first day of the show was the day we were leaving, so I had to miss it.

I did find the ANG base that they were parked at when not practicing, got some nice photos, I'll have to see if I can find them and post them.

Also watched them practice one day for about 30 minutes... that was very cool.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now that's a very cool picture
Thank you for sharing that dbates

The pilot must be insane! The would scare the ba-jesus out of me

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Awesome pic!
I actually got to meet the pilots of the Blue Angels back in 1990 when I was in Pensacola FL.

Heres some videos of the Blue angels to add to your topic.

Blue Angels Compilation of pics

Blue Angels

Blue Angels 2007

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow! Those pics are amazing, you must have a fine camrera to take crystal clear photos of all those high speed events. I have always been a fan of air shows.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow those are nice pictures! thanks for linking them. Especially those ones of it doing that low pass. Judging from the beginnings of a shockwave and the link saying it's transonic, well thats pretty damn quick for a few metres up.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
wicked sick pics.
what's up with that sinking boat?
how are those boats/people able to get sooo close?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Very Cool

top topics

join