It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone with meditative experience please help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Recently, I've been meditating using some very alternative techniques. The main one I have been using in the last 2 weeks was with a "color viewing" technique that someone said can be used to contact greys. I was open minded about it, but used it mostly as a brain exercise. The problem is, since I've incorporated it, I've been experiencing some odd repercussions.

So basically, I did 5 or 6 very intense sessions, some incorporating different forms of meditation. I also use a different form of meditation to help me sleep sometimes.

I'll try to keep it short. First occurrence happened 2 days ago while running. I started getting my runners high, which I equate to meditation, once you run yourself past exhaustion, your serotonin levels rise and you hit a calming euphoria. After that, you can run forever. Anyway, I began to hear a tone, I don't want to say ringing because it was deeper, like the ones they tested our ears in high school with. It was also extremely controlled and consistent. I heard it for maybe 5 seconds when I felt something push me and I basically saw it my head "you know" as if someone was saying it without me hearing. The thing is, I wasn't at all phased by it, in fact it brought on a sense of joy.

Second happened tonight. This one was scary. It wasn't necessarily welcoming, but it was interesting. I was taking a nap after dinner and tried the "color" meditation for about 3 seconds. I don't even know why I started, cause it was almost annoying to me. Anyway, I didn't doze off, and I kept rolling around until I got comfortable, then used a calming technique that is pretty basic amongst people who have ever meditated. I looked at the wall, and what I can only be described as a small "projection" of my old house formed on the wall. I say projection because it looked like an old, reel projector was showing it on my wall. Almost immediately, I felt myself almost fall through my eyes. I don't know how else to say this other than that, I literally felt my "being" turn straight into the mattress and pass right into it. I saw my body, I got out of the bed (not my body) and ran to the door because I was so frightened. The feeling was almost like walking around your house drunk. My balance was poor and I could see people in my house that were not familiar. The house was the same, but the people were different. I ran downstairs and by the time I saw the third person, I freaked out and kind of "woke" myself up. I was still in bed, wide awake. I knew I hadn't fallen asleep because I looked at the clock and the minute hadn't even turned yet.

I don't necessarily meditate for any other reason than to calm my nerves down and sleep. I like it, but recently I've felt something being next to me when I do. I see very un-detailed faces in front of me. I don't want to speculate too much, because I know that perhaps it was a dream, but I've had even sleep paralysis, and this was even more real. Plus, you can't necessarily dream when you're running.

Let me tell you, I really don't believe in it anymore than a simple way to work your mind and calm stress. But recently I am frightened and I'm looking for people with similar experiences to help me out.

Again, I have many theories, but they are my first experiences and help is appreciated.

Thanks
SC

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Bumping on this forum is weak, but I do ask those who have experienced any type of paranormal meditation let me know about their experiences.

I am not past the possibility of mental inspiration or an actual encounter, I just ask for possible experiences similar.

I've seen posts with way more threads with less than reportable events being talked about. Does the fact that my statement is only rhetoric hurt me? I am doing a study and it would be interesting to see the results.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What a fantastic experience, and scary too. I suggest you be careful and also that you keep a diary of any strange after events. After an experience like that I'm sure you're having loads of coincidences and maybe even some small psychic abilities are coming through. They'll fade but very interesting while they last. I've tried similar stuff, see my thread "are wormholes all in the mind". After that I experienced precog dreams, light bulb popping, bizarre coincidences, other psychic events and a very scary kundalini. Then it all stopped.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi..

Seems like you had and OBE when you saw your old house.

I start meditating some 4 years ago, for the same reason you did: relaxing and falling in a nice sleep state. It works everytime (I use breathing technique).

For about 5 or 6 times I used some sound\hearing techniques to try a different kind of meditation or "mind state".
In a couple of those times I did had a feeling of have an OBE and it was pretty scary also (at the beggining)... I'm not going to detail it, because it felt like hours of experience... to long the story short, I felt flying above a big city (I think it was my hometown) and the flying was not steady, felt like a roller-coaster for most of the time. After that I flew "through" space and observed a planetary system of four planets carrying an interplanetary war between each other.

I don't think that what I saw is REAL (as in physical reality), but it is the way that our minds - in tune with the universe - may show us somethings we must learn from.

Don't be afraid, keep meditation and getting more and more relaxed each time you do. It's only the way your mind will speak to you, and if it may sound\feel scary, maybe it's because you NEED to feel that way by that time.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Meditation is very personal, like religion is to people. You just have to learn as much as possible, and practice different types until you find which is best for you.

One thing I do know for myself, is that you can't force it or expect anything to happen. If you do, you are not meditating.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Take a look inside your mind,
You'll be surprised at what you find,
Everything you need to know,
Lies deep inside,
'Twas always so.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, I don't think if it gave me any good abilities I'd want them to fade. I'd want to work on them even more.

Another strange occurrence happened today. I was about to take another nap (I have the week off) When I began to almost "see" through my eyes at the room I was in. I was still in my head, but I could still see the TV without having my eyes open. It wasn't good vision, it seemed to have a filter over it. The stranger part was, that the image from the television began to form some sort of green suction. I don't want to say "portal" because I am not alluding to anything, but it is the quintessential portal image you see in movies. Kind of a swirling movement, as if I had flushed the TV, haha.

Anyway, can anyone relate to this story?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I can't relate to that in anyway, but I found a thread about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

And, I know I've heard about it on some other forum, the same way you described, green and blurry. They thought of it as seeing the energy of objects.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Mman19]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Record everything Visions, Dreams no matter how strange, how you feel after sleeping. Before going or trying to sleep, Plus any medication other than Ty***L. ETC

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Very cool SC! I've also experienced "buzzing/tone" sounds during mediation and other experiences, although I've personally never had an OBE. From what I've read the buzzing sound is common to OBE's and may have something to do with the increasing vibration factor of your cells/atoms/etc. Interesting.

It seems like once you start turning this stuff on, phenomenon starts happening. And I agree with Bone13 - start recording everything!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hiya,

First off, meditation can cause some very bizarre phenomena, sometimes of a 'set type', so to speak (i.e. phenomena that can be replicably described by different people), sometimes of a manner that is purely subjective and individual.

Such experiences are always outside of the realms of everyday perceptions.

Now, I am not going to be able to back any of the following up with any solid facts or sources for reasons that will hopefully become obvious throughout this post, so take it with as many fingersfull of NaCl as you deem necessary.

I'll start off with some basics (as far as meditative experiences go, not just meditation basics).

Everything you experience is just that, an experience. Subjective and rationalised toward your ego. What you experience reality as, as your ego, is not what reality actually is. It is just your individual, egoistic interpretation of reality.

When you meditate, you break away from your perceptions of reality and start looking towards what reality actually is.

Consider -

1:
This (what you see around yourself) is not reality, but information about reality. Imagine that there is a creature running around under your carpet, leaving bumps and tunnels in it's wake. In the hope of trying to understand our reality, we keep looking at the bumps, not knowing the the thing we should be
looking at is the 'real reality' that made the bumps appear. It is just under the surface of what you see around yourself, hidden from you only by you not knowing that it's there.

2:
You, personally, are the thing that made the bumps appear.
You personally, are Infinite Awareness having an experience of what we think of as reality, but not knowing it.
Everyone and everything is a manifestation of you. Your shine, your display, your creative play. As liquid, ice and steam are all three states of water, so this reality is an illusory state of a very small part of You.

3:
As you already are It, there is nothing you need do to become It, other than remember who You really are. This recollection of your True Self eventually erodes the power of this reality to dominate your perceptions, and slowly you come to perceive not from one side or the other, but from both as aspects of your single state, you have an experience of Enlightenment. Meditation is a big step towards this erosion

4:
Your true state is without restrictions and extremes (calling this object a chair, or that object hot or cold) and beyond the confines of time and coming and going. You are open flexibility, appearing as anything and everything. No matter how this reality appears to your senses, it is just you and therefore neither to be accepted nor rejected.

Now, bearing this in mind, when you meditate, especially when you meditate with a goal in mind (i.e. for alien contact), your experience of the meditation will manifest in ways that try to egoisitically rationalise your meditative goal, whether or not you consciously understand them as such.

But ultimately the subjective experiences withing a meditation session are no more or less real than any experience of the everyday trudge except for the 'grand realisation' of the unknowable and unconceptualisable experience of your True Nature, of what you really are.

I hope this is useful to somebody out there

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If stuff starts getting too scary, its (in my opinion) an invitation to "slow down" and not overdo meditation. meditation is not like jogging where you try to break the limits. Its more gentle. Otherwise it will have you inadvertently fall into parallel universes an such. Also, meditating with the intent of "contacting greys" might not create the most pleasant experiences. If you are "up to it", feeling stronger, you can of course enjoy something that would have formerly been labeled "scary". But if you´re not up to it, slow down.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Well, I don't think if it gave me any good abilities I'd want them to fade. I'd want to work on them even more.

Another strange occurrence happened today. I was about to take another nap (I have the week off) When I began to almost "see" through my eyes at the room I was in. I was still in my head, but I could still see the TV without having my eyes open. It wasn't good vision, it seemed to have a filter over it. The stranger part was, that the image from the television began to form some sort of green suction. I don't want to say "portal" because I am not alluding to anything, but it is the quintessential portal image you see in movies. Kind of a swirling movement, as if I had flushed the TV, haha.

Anyway, can anyone relate to this story?

i have had some odd experiences similar to that. i tried clearing my mind while on my way to sleep, after what seem like minutes i experienced this motionless sensation (eyes closed in my body) it felt like i was well on my way to a lucid dream but i did not have the mental focus to contain me within that state.

on other occurances i have had some more strange experiences as well, both when sleeping and fully awake (both of which while relaxed). know how sometimes you can feel someone entering the room, or like a friend or relative, or any presence that is nearby. like the feeling someone is watching you or that your not alone. well one night after being able to clear my mind, while sleeping i (eyes closed) i felt a presence in my room, and a saw a small (~4ft) shadow like figure peeking at me. Then i woke up screaming. the odd thing is that i saw it from my eyes point of view without actually opening my eyes. for the brief moment (seeing while sleeping) the my room was completely normal like i was using a minimal form of extra sensory perception. Although the experience wasn't horrifying it took me a while before i could go back to sleep that night.

the other odd experience was when i was fully awake (but relaxed) i was in a grocery store, and a stranger was trying to brake the ice with a one-liner statement. "that coffee over there sure smells good" so we were talking for about 15 seconds, then he stopped responding completely. i was saying the same line over and over again about 4 times " you know, they give away free samples." he didnt respond " they give away free samples here" he continued to stand there, so i leaned over " all you have to do is ask for free samples and they'll give it to you." not responding, he just walked off like i didnt say anything.

then i realised that my mouth wasn't moving and i was in my original position, almost as if i zoned off in a twilight episode. to this day, im not completely sure if it was me physically detaching myself from the world. was it an out of body experience? or did that guy just zoned out and left the building. it was an interesting experience for me, but its true after u stop meditating these experiences fade out in a subtle manner.

i havn't cleared my mind since. but fearing such experiences isnt the solution, especially if they are from within.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I really appreciate all the great posts guys. Great stuff here and it helps me realize that sometimes people can feel a little less than "in control" of their meditation. I thought I might have been the only one, as most of the meditation threads here involve people flying away with complete confidence.

For me, it happens when I am NOT meditating. It always happens when I least expect it. And it is intense. It has begun to make me an insomniac, because it is so invasive. My room is not a good place for sleep now, because now I get that "feeling" described above like someone is always in the room with me. I can almost make out an outline, but I don't want to get too carried away with this. My eyes are now inundated with small flashes of light and my ears pick up the strangest noises. Last night, I heard this weird little gargling sound. If I were to think of an animal to make this sound, it would be a cute one, but it scared the crap out of me. It was like a high-pitched version of a VERY light snore. And it was at the foot of my bed.

I feel as if I should back away from my thoughts for a minute to gather, because then you start to make assumptions and those are the worst types of influence in mind exercises.

Anyway, I feel like I am having one occurrence a day now. It isn't the empowering thing I thought it would be, but I am still very interested and hope I can begin to gain some semblance of power over it. To me, if you're willing to get as involved in this stuff as possible, you might as well continue until you feel like it is natural.

The only thing that frightens me still is the uncontrolled "jumps" in consciousness. Scary, but really intriguing stuff.

Thanks again for all the support guys and gals.

PS. I want to ask some of you this. Are windows (literal) a prevalent aspect in your OBE's or meditations?

EDIT FOR PS.

[edit on 12/15/07 by SantaClaus]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Okay - you have my attention. I've done the technique but I don't normally discuss it, but curiosity has killed the cat.

I would like to know more about your "literal windows."

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Okay - you have my attention. I've done the technique but I don't normally discuss it, but curiosity has killed the cat.

I would like to know more about your "literal windows."

I have recently been seeing white-trimmed windows when I have been dozing off. Normally the view is focused on the bottom left segment (of a 4 part window). The view in this portion is obscured by a strange fluid-type substance with the same swirling pattern as the TV had, except it is golden and bright. For some reason, it has an attractive quality to it, and I try to get closer.

Well, that sounds nuts even to me, but there experiences have been too intense to simply shrug off as dreams, as they stick with me throughout the day, and the memory of these events is very clear. Something about them tells me to let other people know, and I guess the anonymity of this board is easier than sounding crazy to my buddies at the bar.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You know that is really fascinating to me about your windows. I got windows too, in the weeks after I had stopped using the technique. They are really neat and at one point I found myself googling terms such as 'seeing windows during meditation,' 'windows of the soul,' but I really found nothing that went along with what I was experiencing.

I have to say up front, that it is my belief when we experience these things, we are doing so because we are in a hypnagogic state. We are alert, but so relaxed our brain waves indicate we are at the thresh-hold of sleep. Like someone else said, the mind is a wonderful place and it's refreshing to know that someone else may be having or will have a similiar experinence.

On four occassions I saw windows. The first time was from a childhood home. One minute everything was black, and the next second it was like someone had turned the lights on and my conscious was approaching this window. Outside the window was our Blue Spruce, the very one my father would put Christmas lights on every year for ten years. Words could never describe what I"m trying to convey here, so suffice it to say it was startling. Woods and evergreens accompanied my windows.

The windows are nothing compared to the tunnels. Wigit has a thread about them and I did not post on it at the time - because my first full fledged tunnel wasn't what he/she described. And if I'm not mistaken - wigit got freaked out and didn't go for the ride.Lol Subsequent tunnels have been more like what wigit described. If you get to this point, you may want to use the search function here at ATS and look for wigit's thread, another from a guy named mikeboyd, titled 'they come from within.' And undo has one called 'Stargates are real.' All are very insightful.

top topics

join