It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Bible Be Questioned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'll amen to that.

Anyone know what the Roman Catholics did to the Arians, another predominate Christian group that was thier biggest rival during the first 300 years after " Jesus's death "? Well more bloodshed!

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, what about witchcraft? They have no book, so how do we know they were right? At least they believed in things that existed, not all mighty powerful invisable people that live in the clouds. At least witches had trees, animals, each other to believe in, not a magician who has been upshowed by David Copperfield or Lance Burton, who have done more than just walk on water(Copperfield) one into many(Uh, thousands if not millions can do this, hell, I can do that trick) water into wine(Both, and probably millions of others) and coming back from the dead(Houdini, Burton, probably a few hundred others).

Anyways, I have asked several hundred times, and so have many others, why is christianity right when it is new? It is only 2000 years old, Jews, Buddists, Hindus, witches, they all older, some by over 30,000 years. Well, that not possible according to christians for earth is 6,000 years old, according to them. But no answer, just, well bible says this so go to hell, I burn you, I boil you in oil, I do something else to keep reality from coming out.

Another thing, truth, magic socks? What the #? Also, you only know through a book, a book that is full of giants and monsters and wierd things like that. A book with people who live to be over 800 years old, women who have over a hundred kids, virgins being knocked up by all powerful invisable people that live in the clouds even though they were MARRIED to a man. What kind of honeymoon was that? Hmmmm, let's see, what else is wrong with the bible? Oh yeah, how come same size/font, yet one over 100 pages longer than the other? You say it isn't edited, yet I have proof it is, but you just say it was satan, yep, you don't like something or it makes sense, it was satan. Or how come books were left out of the bible? Like the one where, unlike the church tells you, Mary Magedline(sp?) was not a prostitute, ever, but Jesus's lover, and the leader of the seven FEMALE DISCIPLES(sp?) while Jesus was the leader of the 12 male disciples? Of course, that is because all but one woman was evil or a sinner in the bible. Eve gets us kicked out of paradise, woman asks for the head of John the Baptist, Mary is a former prostitute, and well, that about does it for women, except for the one who's husband had to have been very sexually frustrated with his wife.

Or what about the stories that are pure and total bull#? Like Noah, not enough water on this planet and the problem of the genetic defects that would have happend, and no boat could have been built that big, sorry, five Titanics couldn't do it, niether could some poor drunk smuck. Adam and Eve, incest/genetic defects. Or one mentioned, the Jews and the Caninites(sp?), us smart non sheep people know that was wrong. And the Walls of Jericho falling was false. Well, the reason was anyways. They had fallen several times, many cities had walls that had fallen due to, science and research and not being sheep says, earthquakes.

Let's see, then god is all loving, yet orders people to smash baby heads on rocks. Truth did answer this a long time ago as saying I have a bible written by a satan worshipper, but I guess the satan worshipper was busy writting for several different publishers while not writing for.... four others. Yep, four don't have the baby smashing, eight do. Anyways, I think I covered this with the different editors.

Let's see, well, I could go on for a couple more hours, but no cable modem means I need to get offline to make a call. Goodbye, will hopefully be back to make the christians look even more ignorant that what they already do. Just remember, Baaaaa!(get it, bible tells them to be mindless sheep, and sheep go baaaaa)

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Everything should be questioned, especially anything that comes packaged and repackaged as the "word of god".

MA, you have no faith. You have no hope. You do not even have a cult...because belief in hope is not possible for you.

If you can disprove the BIBLE in a post, I would be impressed.

I think you can not.

I think you show your true colors as a person who is against Jesus.

You are only enabling an adversarial position.......

I wish you well... in......

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You're right!

Blind dogma isn't me.

And thanks for your well wishes, which I reciprocate heartily!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
TY, if you could PROVE the bible in a post, then I would be impressed. But since that is near impossible, it won't happen. Truth may bull# some things, but as I described it, won't have any facts or science or reality to back it up, just sheep faith, I mean blind faith.

Baaaaaa!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You're right!

Blind dogma isn't me.

And thanks for your well wishes, which I reciprocate heartily!

That was an encounter of a closed-mind kind
The close-minded, non-thinking, ignorant creatures are by far the majority on this planet. They have also infested this board and the internet in general. They spread disinfo, worship in their Gods, and basically create confusion and lies all around. But what can you do? The best you can do is gain knowledge, and move on to a different world.

We're the adults of the situation. If the kid wants the toy, you let the kid have the toy. They want their religions, as their insecure and weak minds cannot handle the truth, so let'em have what they want. They will never understand that which they do not WANT to understand. It's that simple!

So no worries mate, simply be glad YOU chose a different path. To each his own!

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yes, the Bible should be questioned. There are many good points within it and some historical facts, but in order to truly understand it, the Bible should be questioned.

If you were to read another book, written by an author after a certain amount of research, would you automatically believe it ? - if so, then feel free to automatically believe every word of the Bible too.
If, however, you would question the beliefs of the alternative author, then it is only fair that you question the Bible as well.

The Bible has been shown to contain some inaccuracies. That doesn't mean that the whole book is flawed. People should read it, research it and, having done so, then make up their own minds.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Yes, the Bible should be questioned. There are many good points within it and some historical facts, but in order to truly understand it, the Bible should be questioned.

If you were to read another book, written by an author after a certain amount of research, would you automatically believe it ? - if so, then feel free to automatically believe every word of the Bible too.
If, however, you would question the beliefs of the alternative author, then it is only fair that you question the Bible as well.

The Bible has been shown to contain some inaccuracies. That doesn't mean that the whole book is flawed. People should read it, research it and, having done so, then make up their own minds.

As with absolutely ANYTHING you ever encounter of any kind. Questioning absolutely EVERYTHING is vital for progress and growth. There is no other way to find the truth. Deny ignorance! Ignorance is to NOT question something.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, here is a good site that points out a few Bible contradictions. Have fun!

A List of Biblical Contradictions

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The Bible should not be questioned.

The Earth sits on four pillars, Man is above women, I should get to own slaves and sleep with my wive's hand maidens. Plus my sperm should be worshipped.

Now hold yer tongues ye inferior sex! For I have spake da truth! Now gimme a lap dance lil baby maker... And I'll be yer Promise Keeping Bush votin' Daddi! Yeeeehaw! Go Labonte, go!!! I use Nextel and drink beer for Jaaasus!
A-man.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Absolutely the Bible should be questioned. If not we would still be selling our daughters into slavery and thinking the earth was flat. I'm an Athiest, but I doubt there is a single Christian alive who can argue the EVERYTHING in the bible is true. It just can't be, there are to many disproved facts, and too many sources. So unless you are a completely recessive thinker, you not only can, but must question at least some parts of the Bible to exist in a modern society. If not...have fun selling your daughter into slavery when she turns 18.(Leviticus)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Everything should be questioned, especially anything that comes packaged and repackaged as the "word of god".

Mighty fine post!
I always liked the motto of Britain´s Royal Society established in the 1660s-´Nullius in verba´.
Translated ~ ´Take nobody´s word for it´.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, what about witchcraft? They have no book, so how do we know they were right? At least they believed in things that existed, not all mighty powerful invisable people that live in the clouds. At least witches had trees, animals, each other to believe in, not a magician who has been upshowed by David Copperfield or Lance Burton, who have done more than just walk on water(Copperfield) one into many(Uh, thousands if not millions can do this, hell, I can do that trick) water into wine(Both, and probably millions of others) and coming back from the dead(Houdini, Burton, probably a few hundred others).

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[c] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[d] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GladTidings

oops forgot the reference Romans 1:18-32

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NexusAtom

www.infidels.org...
I did like this one-thanks for posting.
How do people who take the bible as literal truth corellate all these glaring inconsistencies,discrepencies,paradoxes and contradictions?
I´m reading an interesting book about Isaac Newton in his later years trying to vindicate his dogmatic biblical opinions,available historical documents and the global flood myth with the then newly emerging scientific field of geology.
It appears he was not as good historian as he was a phycisist.
One colleague wrote:

"While his astronomical method was sound,his treatment of historical sources has been nothing less than cavalier.
He has ignored conflicting evidence,twisted fictions into truths,and bent the facts to fit the hypothesis that was intended solely to confirm his religious convictions".

Isn´t this ´agenda based´ mindset more prevalent today than ever?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Peace to you!

You know the most important thing that you need to know and believe is that Jesus is the Son of God, He died for your sins, rose up in three days ascended to Heaven. And To love your God with ALL your heart, your soul, and your mind. And LOVE your fellow man the same way you love your God!

If we can remember those things and keep them I think the rest can be open to interpatation!

Peace and Love,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Roll tide Grandma!!!!!

Great post..God honors your love and prayers...even if some don't listen...

Hey if you have time please come over to... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Think there may be a good message there? Thoughts?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join