It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
YEAH!!!! DUNE IS THE BEST BOOK IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!
i dunno. let's make our own religion out of it.. jk

don'tn need another scientology. Frank Herbert had the mind of a titan to write such an awesome work of genius. I want to put a pic up of paul atredies for my member pic but don't know how... any ideas????

THANK YOU FOR THE FLAG!!!!!!!! AND THE POST!!!!!

it is really interesting stuff, isn't it???

lets keep it going eh?

keep reading and lets discuss

HOORAY FOR DISCUSSION!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I threw you a flag... because this sounds extremely interesting.

I've not heard of or read any of the book yet... But I have a feeling I am about to be immersed in a Little bit of computer screen literature for the next week (or two... dependent on glare headaches).

Good find...

Now i have to go search my local library... maybe I'll get lucky.

Coven

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks COVEN!!!!

Appreciate the post.

Like I said before, not to sound rude at all
, but the WHOLE BOOK is free to the public on their website. No need for libraries unless you prefer paper to a pixalated screen, i know i do.

If anyone has any quesitons about it i have researched the book a good amount and can give further insight to you if you have a specific question in mind.
so,

ASK AWAY!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

ai... Not rude at all... I just hope the damn glare doesn't Imped me from getting through the first chapter...

Trust in this... I WILL have question; but it will take a minute to come to them.. like when I finish reading this long # book...

(god I feel Like I did when I was 10 and read the FULL Unabridged 'The Stand' for the first time; its gonna take forever... but it WILL be worth it)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have read most of that book and I must say that it is indeed something special. I haven't turned into a believer of any sort, but there are moments when I wonder, what if, just maybe, some of the stuff there is true.

The level of abstraction in that book is mind boggingly high, and most things there cannot be understood by simply reading it as any other book or novel you can find.

What I can tell is that writing such a book appears to many, many people to be impossible to write by a single individual. Way too much knowledge and metaphors about scientific matters that are known to be true today.

Another major difference to every single religion on earth is that this book actually includes the hard science in philosophical sense.

You really, really should give it a chance and start reading first few (ahem.. perhaps 200 pages
pages which dictates organization of the universe

You don't lose anything, it just lays things in front of you and when one doesn't believe in its message, it is propably the best sci-fi book in existence.

I have talked to people in close contact with these on this organization, and they have made it clear that christianity was also something given to us in this way, but that it is another time now and christianity must be replaced with this one. It says so somewhere in that book, I just can't remember which one of those 2000 pages it is

Anyway, I don't believe in this stuff in any fundamental way.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There are outstanding truths in the "Urantia Book", things that were hidden and only came to light with the discovery of the lost scrolls. The lost scrolls were discovered after that book was published. There were also many lesser known things from ancient cultures in that book.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but that book is real.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The Urantia Book isn't just free to read online but in the united states, as far as I understand, it is in the public domain.

If you read it, and understand it talks about prehistory and spiritual writings, and then you go and search out the dead sea scrolls and The Nag Hammadi Library, both sets of scrolls that were HIDDEN thousands of years ago, both that came up out of the ground after the first publication date, suposidly, of the Urantia Book, and you see the things that both books said, those things that hadn't been spoken about for thousands of years, you have to believe it.

I could go point by point, but people will tend to believe what they want to anyway.

I sudgest you download the book in mp3 form. You can also search it out on youTube.

The book is the real deal, though it should be added to stuides and not used to replace inspired works.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
There are outstanding truths in the "Urantia Book", things that were hidden and only came to light with the discovery of the lost scrolls. The lost scrolls were discovered after that book was published. There were also many lesser known things from ancient cultures in that book.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but that book is real.

I agree to this. It has preknowledge that was not know until recently or within 30 years or so in that book. That should be impossible.

We do have to remember one thing in particular, though. There are hundreds or thousands theories in science that become proven much, much later than they were originally got in ideas. Some material is arguably been in existence before proof, as a theory that waits for somebody to prove it.

Also, much of that book is something which is also pretty much impossible to comprehend with current theories.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
For many of us "experiencers" and those information bits that we get from our contacts, we often do a lot of research to come up with a consensus cosmology that will allow us to somehow put the pieces of the puzzle together.

But when doing that, we run into trouble because everybody's experiences are different where many will claim that their information and view on things is the ONLY correct view and everybody else is wrong yet failing to realize that those beings they are in contact with themselves can only see so far where after that, everything is only conjecture.. just as it is with us too.

For those of us who have been doing research in this area, some of us are to find that the model presented in The Urantia Book elucidates this cosmology quite well so this is why I find the information presented in this book extremely intriguing .

Most will say that the information presented in this book needs to be taken figuratively, but on the other hand, those details on the relationship between ourselves and those other realities out there ---
and ESPECIALLY the relationship between ourselves and the creator entity that formed our realm/LOCI are expressed very coherently in this books' cosmology and resonates very well with my own my own attempts to understand not only my own experiences, but also those experiences of others too.

In a nutshell, here's a run down of those elements/concepts/building blocks used in The Urantia Books' cosmology:
-- our 'region' of reality was singled out as prime material for further development.
-- this loci of creation most likely is organized in as something comparable to a Mandelbrot Set-Like Distribution.

-- there are devic entities of one type or another, (including our creator entity) who are responsible not only for the actual formation of this loci we exist in, but also play an important role in its continuing maintenance and oversight. (sound familiar?).

-- there are continuous periodic releases of information and knowledge to we humans to assist us in our intellectual as well as our spiritual development and in fact, it is through the release of information like this that the creator entity of our loci evolves himself into a higher level of being not unlike how we would think how an angel earns his stripes.

-- And this is important because it illustrates why our spiritual maturity is so important for our creator entity because his own spiritual evolvement is very much dependent on our own progress/evolvement in this area.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I can see that you have read the book.

I do completely support the fact that everybody with experiences of alien contact should read this one.

Hey, guys, really, this book is real. it is there, just read it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Is this the book that is really a collection of letters some scientists in Europe received over a period of years? If so, there was some discussion here and one of the possbilities was that this was a hoax by a bunch of Univ. students.

Will start reading it and post more ....

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
All that material and just one major religion discussed? What about the other older religions. I would think that if ET were really responsible for creating one religion, there is a good chance their presence would reflect in other religions as well. Or perhaps ET only wanted to visit the middle east? The rest was just too boring!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I sudgest you download the book in mp3 form. You can also search it out on youTube.

Would you mind providing us with a link for mp3 form?
I'd be very interested in that... and I guess many others also.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Have either of you ever heard of the ATS guy sleeper?????
Once you acclamate yourself with the book let me know if you see parallels in his experience with what "Milton" says to him

Probably because sleeper read the urantia book before he came-up with his stuff?

[edit on 12/14/2007 by 2believeor0]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is a list of threads tagged with "Urantia".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a link to the book, the contents page.......lots of reading!! You may want to make charts and graphs....!
urantiabook.org...

I have read most of it.....my eyes tended to glaze over during parts of it, so I probably missed some things.....I was a bit disappointed there weren't better explanations for things like the building of the pyramids, or die-off of the dinosaurs...

60:2.3 These massive creatures became less active and strong as they grew larger and larger; but they required such an enormous amount of food and the land was so overrun by them that they literally starved to death and became extinct—they lacked the intelligence to cope with the situation.

source:urantiabook.org...

Here's a another link to information about the Urantia 'movement'. This one is in reference to the 'Sherman rebellion'.....sort of a splinter group of the original.
urantiabook.org...

And more on the history
www.world-destiny.org...

Forums, discussion groups
urantiabook.org...

And there's the more 'up to date' arena, "The Magisterial Mission" . It includes a newsletter as late as June '06.....( check under 'other documents')
tmarchives.com...

As I understand it, the 'second coming' of Jesus is to be in the form of a 'different' Son of God, named Mongoronson. He is already in communication with the movement via the above newsletters. ( Sometimes the believers seem to suggest that He is already 'here' in the physical, or it may just be that they communicate with him in the same way the Urantia book was 'sent'??)

I believe there's a thread ( hopefully in the list at the top of my post)...where there was some discussion about the likelihood that this 'Mongoronson', if and when he arrived, would be taken to be the 'Anti-Christ'.

edit to add...... it's this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-12-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Palahsea

sorry if i didn't get your name right. Thanks for all of your insight firstly, and secondly, i do agree with you in regards to the principle of our connection with a creator. In the book it states that you can choose, as a free will entity, to become part of what they call "HAvona" gravitational pull by choosing to belive and "conect" with the creator enerygy, thus, pulling your soul slowly closer to that creator entity. Not just of our world or superuniverse but of all of the worlds and super universes. It is interesting that in the book creation is not limited to one entity, but, many. These entities have ascended their souls to a mindbogiling level that have somehohw connected thaier spirirt with the first source giving them the potential of creating their own worlds. Our world was created by an entity known as creator son micheal of nebadon who also is the entity known as jesus christ. What is crazy, and intriuging, is that he could only choose one world in all of his creation to do a bestowal, or incarnation of the divine in the physical, and he chose Urantia (Earth). Why are we so special. I wish I had your ability of beliving and just being able to say, "Yup this is real". Unfortunately I have never contacted any aliens, or for that matter, even seen a clausible UFO, or had a signifigant spiritual experience that could warant a blind faith. But, I am able to have 100% blind faith in a first source divine being, a creator, anf that is good enough for me at the moment.

Palashea, why do you think that you and other contactees get such varying forms of information in your journeys with the divine? Is it because "as above so below"? IS there as much confusion about reality, and dissonance, as there is here on Earth. Does anybody even know, even a seemingly all powerful alien being? I just don't understand how the so advanced still ahve difering ideas on everything when they are supposed to be united with a cause. Who knows, maybe someday i will be lucky enough to understand but that day was not yesterday and i can only hope it will be today.

Again
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR POSTS!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ok here is another very, if not my favorite, part of the book.

It is called the Lucifer rebellion. It basically is a WAY cooler and more interesting story of the fall of lucifer than the bible. Check it Out for sure.

Another interesting thing is that in its explanaiton of our world, and other worlds, evolution there are like i think 7 races of different colors, (green, blue, white, yellow, etc), weird colors, and only one will arise to be the dominant race. It says that this is just how it is. I hate to say it but sounds rascist to me. I love people of all color and would be heartbroken if this book was true and we had to kill of all the other colored races. That is something that is not cool in the book. Also what is not cool is in the life of jesus he says sexual thought is bad. No bueno. Cause sexual thoughts are AWesome

just wanted to put that out there.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My mom has this book and I have personally never read a page but it looked interesting. I decided to look up any info online about it and happen to stumble upon CULTS. It turns out the Government considers this book a cult reference.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Here Now]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I own the Urantia Book and I do not find it to be that impressive. It claim is to be Christian but all it is really trying to do is rewrite the Bible in a blasphemous form to Christians. My views on this book are not from a Christian viewpoint. The book reads very much like a repackaged bible but throws in a bunch of new age spirituality and bad science fiction. It is a book that UFO cults tend to tout about. I do not believe it to be any more than a common literary hoax.

I'll give one quick example,

The book talks about how these spirits called, Thought Adjusters, which invade the human body around the age of six years old and give a human being their soul. Until then you do not have a soul. I’ll give you the exact passage word for word and you can see why I think this book is basically crap.

Though the Adjusters volunteer for service as soon as the personality forecasts have been relayed to Divinington, they are not actually assigned until the human subjects make their first moral personality decision. The first moral choice of the human child is automatically indicated in the seventh mind adjutant and registers instantly, by way of the local universe Creative Spirit, over the universal mind-gravity circuit of the Conjoint Actor in the presence of the Master Spirit of superuniverse jurisdiction, who forthwith dispatches this intelligence to Divinington. Adjusters reach their human subjects on Urantia (Earth), on the average, just prior to the sixth birthday. In the present generation it is running five years, ten months, and four days; that is, on the 2134 day of terrestrial life. - Paper 108: 2. 1

The book reads like bad 1950's science fiction the whole way through. It makes up stuff and piles in tons of "catch" words that attempt to trick readers into thinking that it has a special perception on existence. It preys on those individual who are looking for something different to believe in that's why it is so popular with strange cults.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
reply to post by Palasheea

Hey, guys, really, this book is real. it is there, just read it.

The book is real, but rather then "reading it" and believing it is real, although that is good too, they can and also should prove it to themselves as we've proved it for ourselves. Reading the lost and hidden scriptures, lost and forgotten books of the bible, and the bible itself, would do them some good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join