It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Tree recalls 300,000 toys due to lead paint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Dollar Tree recalls 300,000 toys due to lead paint

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Dollar Tree Stores Inc recalled 300,000 baby bead toys and toy cars made in China because they contain excessive levels of lead, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Alright. What the hell is going on with all of these toy recalls from China? Why has this not brought on additional questions? There seems to be a huge increase all of a sudden of lead contaminated products from China. Why now? Lead paint is a very old product that isn't used regularly anymore. Why do they still use it on products that will be around consumers on a daily basis? This really concerns me as I have little ones at home. Is there a hidden agenda from China here? Are the same products being sold in other countries and also being recalled? I assume they sell these toys where they are made as well. Are the Chinese also not concerned with their children? If they are not sold there, then maybe there is something deeper going on here. Nobody seems to questions the motives behind this HUGE issue!!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, there's certainly a huge increase in something:

A. The number of toys from China with unsafe levels of lead.

B. The number of toys from China with unsafe levels of lead being tested.

C. The number of toys from China with unsafe levels of lead being reported.

Which is correct? I don't know. But I'm willing to bet it's not A.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It could be a ploy to get the American public pre-conditioned against buying Chinese goods, and maybe redirect consumerism from a major "unfair" corporate supplier source, and no less coincidentally right before the big Christmas season.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hmmmm...

[edit on 14-12-2007 by smirkley]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If you want to question motives, you might want to start with the government that doesn't bother to enforce import regulations.

Or, start by looking at a consumer base that expects a safe and quality product from a company called "Dollar Tree".

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Propaganda.

They got nothing else to do.
They surely can't use that color meter for terrorist alert anymore can they?
and they don't have too much to talk about with Iran at the moment, so best thing to do is bust out the ole' LEAD bs with china.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We have been bombarded with lead paint from Chinese made products for almost an entire generation. This has been allowed to continue not just because the Chinese have been trying to poison us for some time now but also because maybe that is part of the plan and it's working.

Just look at the dumbing down of our educational system.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I happen to have a familymember who makes a livinadg from importing from Asia and selling in Europa.

I asked him about this and he said:

"It is true, alot of "cheap stock items" from China contains lead, different types of "Softening-agents" and other bad stuff. However... In my experience, the Asian Producers, are always very informative of the content of their products, so it is really up to the importers, to stop importing theese dangerous cheap items"

It all about making money

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
dont buy anything made in china for the simple fact that the government simply is not and cannot, check/find all the bad toys/accessories. Alls im saying is dont count on the US government to find every "bad apple".

new topics

top topics

join