It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attackers chop off man's 'magic' leg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Attackers chop off man's 'magic' leg

news.yahoo.com

HYDERABAD, India - Two men attacked an 80-year-old, self-proclaimed holy man in southern India and chopped off his right leg, apparently believing it had magical powers, police said Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yanadi Kondaiah, who claimed that those who touched his leg would be cured of illness or have wishes granted, was hospitalized in serious condition after the attack Tuesday, said R. Ravindranath Reddy, a senior police officer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I had to submit this one! If there is anything you can label "Alternative News, This is it! I hope they preserve the leg and it becomes a relic of some sort. Poor guy.

"Dude, let's hack off that 80 year-old dudes leg..ya know? The Magic one!"

"Yeah, that's brilliant!, Let's do it!"

"Yeah man, then we'll have the magic, man!"

"Yeah, wishes are cool!"

Poor guy.
Cuhail

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Interesting, so he lost his mojo huh? Just be glad he didn't have the 'magic stick'
What people will do for fortune and fame

apc

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
"You don't get any wishes, buttwipe."

I don't get it. India seems to be perpetually stuck in the 13th century, yet all of our tech support calls go there. Something is wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
LOL .... well it should be relatively easy to find.
Just wait for the next India Lotto winner and go
arrest him

Seriously I feel real bad for the guy but on the other hand
he should have been more careful of his drinking buddies.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
did....did they get magic powers? the report doesnt mention if they got magic powers. i feel real bad for the man who got his leg cut off usually people just take your wallet. i hope these people get arrested and dont have super powers.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
India seems to be perpetually stuck in the 13th century, yet all of our tech support calls go there. Something is wrong.

Tell me about it. I have a Dell computer and when I had a problem after doing a Microsoft windows urgent security update, the foreign technician said "don't ever do a Microsoft windows update." He said that would be bad.

If you believe the technicians are the smart guys, I can definitely believe someone would think they can steal someone's magic leg.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow, this is a story I would expect to read about here in the states so I guess now we are outsourcing more than just our jobs.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I was just sitting here with my friend, and before I scrolled down to read where it was, I had rural india called.

What's even more frightening then the fact our tech calls and citi-bank calls go there, is the disparity of education and wealth.

This is what happens when the have's and have nots don't excel at the same pace.

I wonder why the government is funding less into education, and more into entertaining distractions like war. While the real problems like real-life
at home nationally are washed over, in place of what's popular.

Idiots can't/don't/won't oppose their government. This is where we are headed ourselves. Imagine when the next world-power laughs at us for how poor and uneducated we are.

apc

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If you believe the technicians are the smart guys, I can definitely believe someone would think they can steal someone's magic leg.

After upping the bandwidth on my DSL, I kept getting calls from their automated system wanting me to "complete account registration" which amounted to a dozen forms of garbage I had already done didn't feel like doing again.

To get the calls to stop I called up tech support, which went to India. The guy on the other end explained how sorry he was for the inconvenience and asked me what version Internet Explorer I use. My response, "I'm in Linux so I use Firefox." This confused him greatly, "OK, open Internet Explorer and..."

Mildly entertained by this, "It's not Internet Explorer. It's Firefox."

"Well, uhh, point your Internet Explorer to..."

I'm fairly certain they just read from a list of canned responses or walk-throughs and have absolutely no idea what it is they're actually doing.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
^ Yeah, sorry about that. However it was almost worth the warning just to say it.

C'mon...Magic Leg.... Grants wishes.....

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And the candidates for the "I sat on my ignorant arse and couldn't be bothered to understand another culture because television tells me all I need to know" awards go to...

India is a land of many dualities...high technology and medieval superstition, 4th world poverty and 1st world industry and economics...just because you talked to someone in a call centre in India who didn't quite understand what you were saying, and vice-versa makes it ok to ridicule an entire nation?

I could equally say the same for the poelpe who I met whilst travelling in the states one xmas who would sing "all creatures great and small" at church and then discuss which kind of armour-piercing 'shredder' bullets were best for shooting small deer with at dinner...

all i can say is 'deny ignorance'...you know who you are, and should know better!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
I could equally say the same for the poelpe who I met whilst travelling in the states one xmas who would sing "all creatures great and small" at church and then discuss which kind of armour-piercing 'shredder' bullets were best for shooting small deer with at dinner...

And you'd pretty much have America pinned down.

God Bless the USA

top topics

join