It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your school/childs school prepared for the worst? Mine sure isnt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So I walked into school today to learn that the power had gone out, I was thinking oh no big deal and all... but I was wrong. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing had power except for the intercom which we were told only had 30 minutes of 'battery' left...... Our lyceum full of computers was shutdown for 2 hours because after the power came on they had to do some checks to make sure nothing was ruined. And as all this was goin down I was wondering what would happen if there was a disaster drill or an intruder they would have no way of communicating that to us. And while the hour of no power teachers just let everyone wander around and do whatever we werent taught anything (good thing!
) but it had a New Orleans feel to it.... creepy.

Also when we have disaster drills (fire, earthquake, lockdowns, etc...) they are absolutely dumb...... For a fire or earthquake we are supposed to go to our 2nd period which makes no sense at all.......... I'm just frustrated and was wondering others opinions/experiences on school security... (obviously isnt good with all of the school shootings lately)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Its PTA time, Topic safety, no matter what, Storms, floods, winds and yes terrorist incidents, depending on what grade level parents have always told the kids what not and what to do, all school districts over the last twenty years have some emergency plans. EMS, Police, Local Hospitals. Some school districts don't have funds for back-up generaters. Donation Time.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
During our snowstorm yesterday, the schools decided to let the kids out early. However, the storm was too bad by then. They sent the buses out anyway, full of kids. Forty-something buses were stranded in various areas of the state after the roads became impassable. The kids were left on these buses from 1 PM to 9 PM. Talk about not being prepared...and this was only a small snowstorm!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Of course they aren't. The National Education Organization is completely and utterly screwed up. Most schools never get the funding needed for anything considered emergancy equipment, other than flashlights and batteries. If anything, a complete overhaul of the NEO might help a little, but not much.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And I think at the local level the schools make a lot of money but they spend it on a bunch of useless crap..... They milk a lot I mean a lot of money out of the students but they use it for even dumber stuff..... It's pretty frustrating

top topics

join