It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do The Freeway Collapes In San Francisco Affect The "fire Hot Enough To Melt Steel" Debate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
HOW DO THE FREEWAY COLLAPES IN SAN FRANCISCO AFFECT THE "FIRE HOT ENOUGH TO MELT STEEL" DEBATE?

i've seen "Loose Change" and "9/11 Myteries: demolitions" and i have heard the arguement be made that the fire could not have been nearly hot enough too warp steel and cause it to fail...
then, earlier this year you have a gas tanker truck crashing on a san francisco freeway and the overpass colapseing because of the heat.....
anyone have any info on this?......

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The bridge that collapsed did not melt. That story came from ONE article in the San Francisco Examiner and was quickly pulled when they realised their stupidity. Someone posted it on the net and you know what happens then..

The steel was re-used, the only thing that melted was the rubber that's used for dampening between joints. I have an article somewhere with the construction supervisor talking about how quick they could repair the bridge cause they didn't have to replace any steel. If you really need to see it I'll look for it, or you could try a google search.

OK never mind I found it...

“It doesn’t look right now like we’re going to have to replace it,” Caltrans spokesman Bob Haus said. “We might have to do some straightening, but it looks as if the actual structure is OK despite the scorching.”

Source

Note this article says 'scorched' not 'melted'...See what difference a word makes? Especially when people take what they see in the media at such face value.

[edit on 14/12/2007 by ANOK]

join