It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone's Beliefs on 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What happens when my advent calender ends? will we all die?

Oh well atleast i got to eat lots of chocolate

mmmmmm

[edit on 14-12-2007 by OnTheFence]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFence
What happens when my advent calender ends? will we all die?

Oh well atleast i got to eat lots of chocolate

mmmmmm

[edit on 14-12-2007 by OnTheFence]

I think you'll have gained 1/4th of a pound on your ass.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
ooops

[edit on 15-12-2007 by dk3000]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Wow. You asked and you will get a longer reply from this poster. Be aware of this; PC (me), is full of crap, but a fairly decent clairvoyant.

2012 will be a false or pseudo doomsday. You can pretty much expect two years of really bad hurricanes, much like the ones from 2005. Difficult to tell the onset of solar max. In 2009, late year there will be a huge pacific tsunami to start the ball rolling. Yellowstone will rumble, but is safe for now.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Actually, the Tribulation is only going to be the last 3 1/2 years of that 7 year period. The first 3 1/2 years will be the years of "peace and safety".
So, to start that 7 year time period, there will have to be a "confirmation of the covenant".
So, if there is some kind of world wide resolution stating Israel's "Right to Exist", I would consider that a "confirmation of the covenant that God made with Abraham".

So 2012 or whenever......I would say the signing of a peace agreement that would allow Israel to rebuild a Third Temple would be a "sign", no pun intended!!

I have read a lot on the Mayan 2012 also though. Wouldn't surprise me none if they sign a Peace accord by summer 2008 and then an evil dictator takes over the UN or the Revived Holy Roman Empire by 2012.
I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well I've been refraining from jumping into the fire, but I like this thread so I am going to add my opinion.

I have heard, and tend to believe, that 2012 will mark the beginning of a new "era". Then end of the "Old World". The start of the the "New World" order. The plans go something like this:

Single worldwide monetary currency in place by 2010 (one that is publicly acknowledged that is, we already have oil)

2012 marks the beginning of a one world government. A technocracy ruled by "experts".

All the makings for this plan are in place and have been in place for a long time. It will most likely be achieved under the guise of "environmental policy" as outlined by the Club of Rome and the DoD. The pieces are being put together in front of us all, and this plan is as old as the Mayan calendar itself.

In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think its a bunch of bull it will be a year just like any other..

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'll tell you one thing, if the iraq war turns into ww3, Im counting on 2012,

this 2008 year will be 7 years of this war, interesting huh.

Our world seems to be built apon cycles, thats all I know and I tend to think we will soon be approaching the turnstyle of a new.

we sure dont seem to focus on anything other then entertainment now a days., isnt that predicted in the bible? and other signs.

(_I_)

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i think the there will be some more "'n-word' guys" poppin up in the news in 2012 lol its really funny to see when people get so mad over a word

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Having been born into a forward thinking family I learned early to be prepared for any event. Also living in a hurricane prone area I've learned to stay ready for bad weather.

As far as 2012, I have no idea what will happen. I do know that times are changing rapidly. The Avian Flu very well could devastate our world. There could be terriorist attacks that involve biological agents. I could go on and on about what could happen.

I sincerely believe we are on the cusp of great scientific and medical discoveries that will drasticly change our lives. We will probably find cures for most all diseases.

When 2012 rolls around I will be sitting in my rocking chair in my underground house getting the latest news on ATS. I should have the house finished within the next 6 months. I am not building it because I think the world will end on 2012. My home is on the coast close to the ocean. I have watched the ocean claim several feet of beach over the last 60 years. It is a normal process. I'm going to relocate to the mountains to get away from the encroaching sea and the hurricanes. I'm going uinderground because of tornadoes where I have land in the mountains.

I have been collecting guns, ammo, and other survival tools for many years. If it's possible for a human to survice in the coming years I will survive because I am prepared. I like the odds to be in my favor.

Personally I believe we need a drastic change in our world as we know it today. The one thing we can be sure of is that the earth and it's inhabitants are constantly changing. Hopefully it's changing for the better.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm not ruling out 2012, I just tend to be careful.
3 1/2 years from next summer would be the dawn of 2012.
But the Mayan Calendar looks at December 2012.
Like I said...I'm not holding my breath. I have heard all this for at least 32 years and it always seems right around the corner. Even 1967 war made me wonder at that time. Of course, there wasn't any way of electronically chipping people at that time either.
When the peace in the mideast is made, then I'll start counting 3 1/2 years. Who knows, it could all come to a conclusion at the end of 2012.

the scriptures say that Jesus will come as a thief in the night, but that we are not children of the night that the day of his coming should takes US by surprise. We know the signs, just not the day.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My personal belief on 2012: Absolutely nothing will happen. it will be a regular time and a regular day. but yes, people will reach a point where they will get tired of technology and that's the only reason for that date. the Mayans had to power to see the future at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
My personal belief on 2012: Absolutely nothing will happen. it will be a regular time and a regular day. but yes, people will reach a point where they will get tired of technology and that's the only reason for that date. the Mayans had to power to see the future at all.

Would you please make up your mind, jeddimiller?
First you say nothing happens, and then you say people will get tired of technology at that date? Do you think the date is magical or not?

[edit on 16-12-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

Would you please make up your mind, jeddimiller?
First you say nothing happens, and then you say people will get tired of technology at that date? Do you think the date is magical or not?
[edit on 16-12-2007 by tep200377]

Well, i'm just saying, by that time..people will start thinking differently, but that doesn't have to be in 2012, could be later. I mean in 15 years or so, so many things can change, people could refuse the internet, stop buying movies or give up work and go arm themselves. but I don't think it has to be to do with the mayan calendar..but more with people wanting change.. so it could be 15 to 20 years and maybe 30 years later.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Well, i'm just saying, by that time..people will start thinking differently, but that doesn't have to be in 2012, could be later. I mean in 15 years or so, so many things can change, people could refuse the internet, stop buying movies or give up work and go arm themselves. but I don't think it has to be to do with the mayan calendar..but more with people wanting change.. so it could be 15 to 20 years and maybe 30 years later.

In 15 years, the majority of earths inhabitants within an active age will not know what it's like to not having the internett. They will not know what is like not having a mobile. The thing you are wrong about is that technology doesn't get bigger and more clumsy, it gets smaller and more integrated. It all gets more streamlined. In 15 years, people will not know a life without technology. It's inevitable.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
maybe, but I want to think that we are getting away from technology in 15 years or we are toast. At least that's what I want, I'd like to give up with all this and just go live with nature. I think one thing we can learn from the Mayans is just that..that we don't need GPS, computers to make a calendar and that people are happier being one with nature. So If they were trying to say something, it's that up to that point, technology will die and explode. bringing earth back to reality.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
It will rain quite hard in 2012.

There will also be a lot of sunshine.

In certain places, it will snow.

And in the desert, there will be sandstorms.

I can't tell if you're being a wiseguy or profetic.

As Rain can be replaced by Raign, as in Purple rain. sunshine being replaced with son-shine. Snow also has symbolic meaning as to dust in the wind.

LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightrider07. hmmm't

Hey... 2012.. that's far away... what about 2008??? lol 2012 probably won't come.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

you guys r nuts
all this technology talk is making spit lol

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

what is that a picture of???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>