It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone's Beliefs on 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hey all
I was just wondering what everyone thought about 2012. I have been reading into some theories on 2012 and there are some that are feasible, some that aren't. I wanted to hear about what some of you guys and gals had to say about it, whether you believes the poles are going to shift, Nibiru, comet/asteroid, or just another Y2K.
Look forward to hearing from you

Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
2012: Abusing the new-age-movement for more end-times hype and the marketing of several inane products and obnoxious gurus.

Giving the new-age-movement a bad name.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I hope your right. I honestly hope its just going to come and go like every other day, but some theories hold some water, cant help but think

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am totally convinced that 2012 will happen...right after 2010 and 2011.

This is not a one line post!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightrider07
I hope your right. I honestly hope its just going to come and go like every other day, but some theories hold some water, cant help but think

well I wont be holding my water until 2012

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ill be drinking my chlorine, fluorine, lead, and brita-filtered water till then as well. Something catastrophic happens, we will all be on the same boat err planet, so yipee

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It will happen 1 of 2 ways.

First way:

12/21/2012- Civilization as we know it fails.
04/01/2013- I become a great and powerful feudal lord.
04/02/2013- My peasants start to despise me.
04/03/2013 I am assassinated and a democracy is set up to replace me.

Second way:

Nothing happens and the world keeps going.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think it's going to uneventfully pass into history just like every other uninspired bit of hype. Nostradamus' 1999 prophecy, The Y2K fiasco, the end of the world in both the years 500 and 1000 A.D., etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ashley, being christian (assuming thats what the cross means), isn't it true that in the bible, someone says that no one (including Christ) knows when the world is going to end?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You can scoff but you can't hide. My accumulated information on this subject (which could be subtitled, All Curves Lead to December
'12) include:

First quote:
Technology, population, speed of travel, food and materials production,
communications capabilities, computing power, the decrease in computer
size, amount of information known to humanity, and a gamut of other things,
are all increasing at an accelerating rate. That is, they are increasing,
and the rate at which they are increasing is increasing.

Some mathematicians plotted the asymptotic graphs of all of humanity's
technological developments and projected them out to the point where they
all, relatively simultaneously, hit infinity. The day that they arrived at
is December 21st, 2012. One projected date of "The Singularity." That's the
day that some say is when everything as we know it will...change. Drastically.

Now I realize that this is a mathematical model, and that things never seem
to happen on time, but as a good thumbnail reference point, it makes a
convenient time to aim for. There are other models, other calculations, and
other dates. The idea is more important than the specific date, IMO.

[An interesting aside: I've heard that the ancient Mayan calendar was
calculated forward but ends on...you guessed it: Dec. 21st, 2012. I've also
heard that the scientists aren't quite sure _why_ that is... :-) ]

Essentially, if we take a look at some of the really species-changing
events in our history, we see 3 really MAJOR developments that changed the
entire course of human history. 1) The Agricultural Revolution. 2) The
Industrial Revolution. 3) The Information Revolution.

30,000 years ago, we learned how to farm. 350 years ago, we learned how to mass-produce machines. 30-40 years ago, we learned how to build computers.
As you can see, the _rate_ of change is increasing, as is the ability
afforded by the change. With computers, we have the ability to build more
efficient things, fly planes and spaceships, educate more people, etc. Each
of these enabling technologies will build further development, and at a
faster rate.

According to the mathematical model, we should see approximately *61* more of these species-changing developments before 12/21/2012! All of the same magnitude as the three noted above! Again, it's only a model, but they
predict 18 of those changes on the last day, and 13 of _those_ to happen in
the last FRACTION OF A SECOND, as things accelerate towards that infinity
point.

Other quotes:

The Mayan prophecies speak to us of the changes towards the fifth Ajaw
(fifth sun), on the famous date of December 21, 2012. This date begins the
[next] period of 5,200 years. This cycle is of wisdom, harmony, peace,
love, of consciousness and the return of the natural order. It is not the
end of the world as many from outside of the Mayan tradition have
misinterpreted it to be.

"The fifth cycle (Ajaw/sun) will be a fusion of both feminine and masculine
energies."
"This fifth Ajaw/sun comes with the power of transmutation which in reality
marks the beginning of changes in the way we see and live life, focusing
more on harmony, the key word for existence in this reality."

At sunrise on December 21, 2012 for the first time in 26,000 years the Sun
rises to conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the
ecliptic.

Charlie Green
Waiting for The Singularity in Texas Creek

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightrider07

It sure does and that is precisely why I'm not worried about 2012.

But the verse you are referring to concerns the rapture- not the end of the world- which according to the Bible is still at least 1,007 years away (a seven year tribulation and the 1,000 year reign of Christ).

[edit on 12/13/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I believe that on 2012 women will start wearing tinfoil thongs to show their committed to recycling. Actually there is evidence that the Mayans only got so far in their calender updates. It had to end somewhere and when the 7 year drought hit them in the 14th century that's just as far as they could go with their leisure time calender speculation activities. They had to relocate to survive and abandon their stone stair pyramid fetish. There is not going to be any great catastrophe on 2012 other than another stolen US election, millions dying of starvation, bad TV made worse by a writer's strike, oil barons ruining the planet and a lack of creativity in the Energy Department all the way to the rock and roll scene. Oh wait this is all happening in 2008! This reminds me of when Sean David Morton is on Coasttocoast he always makes these statements about how it's so virtuous that he and his disciples get wealthy now because when catastrophe hits and it all collapses then he and his followers will begin helping others. Are you kidding me, Sean??? There's people starving to death all over the world right now. Last week I delivered blankets to the local homeless shelter and it looked like the concert at Woodstock. There were so many people trying to get out of the cold it was like nothing I've ever seen before. All ages too. Sean David Morton always tries to get credibility by saying he was at a Buddhist monastery but if he knew anything about enlightened compassion he'd wake up and help people who are in need right NOW instead of running around trying to famous with his self-promoting mediocrity.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oldbogus

Thanks for that breakdown and explanation. Its definitely all true. Look outside your window people.

I too believe that we are accelerating exponentially faster toward a point where a shift of some kind will occur. A point where all will converge at a singularity.

What happens at this point? That's anyones guess, but no one can deny the speed at which things are happening these days. And it's only getting faster and smaller and more virtual, and this is happening more rapidly every year; and to what end? Well 2012. IMO this is when a shift to a higher consciousness, a higher vibration, a higher level of being will begin. Because once we've achieved the fastest we can go, what's left?

We're like a car engine accelerating to the point of redlining, faster and faster the engine revs but the car doesn't progress any quicker, not until it's shifted into a higher gear.

I feel a shift is coming, not an end. There is no destruction of the world as many have associated 2012 with. It may be the end of one cycle and beginning of a new one, but at a higher level.

Ian Xel Lungold explains the breakdown of the Mayan Calendar as it relates to the evolution of consciousness in this presentation. Worth the watch, hard to deny.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ashley: Right on, used to be more religious than i am now, know about the tribulation and the reign of Christ, guess i was thinking more on the lines of revelation, the angles and the plagues and lake of fire etc. Spot on

Oldbogus: i understand what your saying, but like all mathematical models, you can only estimate given certain information. realistically, it makes sense to me. I can see us coming to a new sense of understanding and societal coexistance, but if this was so, what would be the point of living? not to sound bleak, but if everything was perfect, what would we be?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think that 2007 is actually 2012. I do not think there will be destruction, rather a major shift in the world. I looked on wiki and no major astrological things are happening December 2012. but this year there are all sorts of things happening. I read that some pope fudged up the Gregorian calender and that it is 5 years off.

A comet that has delighted backyard astronomers in recent weeks after an unexpected eruption has now grown larger than the sun.
www.foxnews.com...
Comet Holmes is significant since some have argued that it
is the Blue Kachina prophesied by Hopi prophesy,
Ancient Hopi prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the day of "Purification".
www.rumormillnews.com...
Comet Holmes was also apparently predicted by crop circles created in 2005 and signifies a transformative event for the planet:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...
According to the physicist James McCanney, Comet Holmes is likely to experience another plasma discharge when it comes into alignment with the electromagnetic tails of the Earth and Mars on December 22. This is likely to again make Comet Holmes easily visible to the naked eye.

A very remarkable planetary/galactic configuration occurs on December 23rd and 24th 2007. The configuration on December 23 — Mars, Earth, Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, Galactic Centre — is shown in the graphic simulation linked below; it becomes even more remarkable in that it will be accompanied by the Full Moon (conjunct Mars) at about 2 a.m. on December 24 when a simultaneous Venus square Neptune occurs. It is even more remarkable in that the Pluto/Sun conjunction appears exactly on the Winter Solstice, just past conjunction with the Galactic Centre.

Link below is the view from Mars toward the Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Mercury, Pluto alignment toward the Galactic Centre on 23 December 2007 which occurs just after the Pluto/Jupiter (Heliocentric) conjunction on 23 November 2007. NASA Solar System Simulator for 23rd Dec 2007

Solar System on Dec 22, 2007. What is not shown is Pluto (which would be to Jupiter's right) Saturn, which follows down from Venus, and Uranus and Neptune. Saturn and Neptune form the cross's t-member. It is a 23/12 configuration. There will be a full moon on Dec. 23, 2007
en.wikipedia.org...

December 2007 = December 2012
www.coasttocoastam.com...

well I am crossing my fingers that something major happens, I just don't see this 911 truth / ET official disclosure / free energy tech not being blown wide open very soon.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by midnightrider07

It sure does and that is precisely why I'm not worried about 2012.

But the verse you are referring to concerns the rapture- not the end of the world- which according to the Bible is still at least 1,007 years away (a seven year tribulation and the 1,000 year reign of Christ).

If you believe in that sort of rapture thing at all.

It does not clearly state whether or not the humans on Earth will be taken up, only that the dead saints will rise from the dead, the 1st Resurrection. The 2nd Resurrection, AFTER that 1,000 year reign I believe, is Judgement, am I correct? I try not to read Revelation too much anymore, instead focusing on all the other rich teachings yet to fully understand.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Runetang, I also dont put too much into revelation. Its too symbolic to understand, and you have to understand the context of the time to get a good grasp on it. However, i believe rapture was mentioned elsewhere in the bible (not sure where). Its very shaky.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

It definitely talks about the rapture (of both the living and those that have preceded us). The only thing I'm curious about is the timing in regards to the tribulation (I'm 90% sure it will be a pretribulation) and the extent of who all will be in it (Children? All Christians? Those who don't have the ability to know Christ like the mentally handicapped?) A lot of people preach that everyone is going but I'm not so sure.

Runetang, I also dont put too much into revelation. Its too symbolic to understand

Before I was a Christian, I would refer to the Book of Revelation as "that acid trip Bible book." However, after doing some studying and research it's clear to me now. If there's something I can help with ask away!

Edit: Oh, and you can U2U me if you want so I don't hijack your thread (which seems to becoming a habit of this newbie
)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am sure alot of things will happen on this year.

I do not think a great god will come from the sky, take away all the evil people and make everyone feel high...(rip bob)

I would like some great force to cure our earth from human corruption, But I will just live it up till then....but im not sweating it. it was one thing about the mayans....but after people heard about it they just started shooting off at the mouth with every possible crazy thing that could happen on this year...

So whatever says I...

If something happens it happens

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It will rain quite hard in 2012.

There will also be a lot of sunshine.

In certain places, it will snow.

And in the desert, there will be sandstorms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join