It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Redfern Interview – ATS MIX Show 60

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Born: 1964.

Education: Pelsall Comprehensive School, Pelsall, West Midlands, England, 1976-1981.

WORK HISTORY:

1982-1984:
Employed as a staff-writer for Zero - a British Magazine on rock music and fashion.

1984-2001:
Worked as a freelance feature-writer/journalist for the following British Newspapers: the London Daily Express; the People; the Western Daily Press; the Express & Star; and the Planet on Sunday (as a full time feature writer).

1996-2001:
Worked as a freelance journalist for the folling magazines in Britain: The Weekender (a monthly newsstand magazine on fashion news, the world of entertainment, music and lifestyles); Animals, Animals, Animals (a monthly, newsstand magazine for children on animals); Pet Reptile (a monthly newsstand magazine for reptile enthusiasts); Military Illustrated (a monthly, Anglo-American, newsstand publication on military history); Eye Spy (a monthly, Anglo-American newsstand magazine on the subject of espionage); The Unopened Files (a bi-monthly, newsstand magazine on espionage); The XFactor (a bi-weekly, newsstand magazine on unsolved mysteries); UFO Magazine (a monthly newsstand magazine on UFO's); Alien Encounters (a monthly, newsstand magazine on UFO's).

1997:

A Covert Agenda: The British Government's UFO Top Secrets Exposed
Published by: Simon & Schuster, London
Book Author: Nick Redfern
This book was published in the UK, Canada, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand and Portugal.

1998:

The FBI Files: The FBI's UFO Top Secrets Exposed
This book was published in the UK, Canada, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand and Portugal.

2000:

Cosmic Crashes: The incredible Story Of The UFO's The Fell To Earth
This book was published in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Portugal.
2001 - To Date:
Nick Redfern has run the U.S. Office of the British-based Center for Fortean Zoology, the world's only full time organization dedicated to investigating mystery animals such as Bigfoot, Lake Monsters, the Yeti and the Loch Ness Monster.

2003:

Strange Secrets: Real Government Files on The Unknown.
Published by: Simon & Schuster, New York
2004:
Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks In Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs, and Ape-Men.
Paraview, New York, published a first-time US Edition of Nick Redfern's book

A Covert Agenda 2005:

June 2005
Body Snatchers In The Desert: The Horrible Truth at the Heart of the Roswell Story.
Nick continues to write in a regular freelance capacity for the London Daily Express newspaper, UFO Magazine; and Fate Magazine.

2006:

On the Trail of the Saucer Spies: UFO's and Government Surveillance
Published by: Anomalist Books, New York

2007:

Celebrity Secrets: Government Files on the Rich and Famous
In July 2007, Nick’s book Man-Monkey: In Search of the British Bigfoot was published by CFZ Press; and New Page Books published Nick's Memoirs of a Monster Hunter in September.

Consultancy Research:

Nick Redfern has undertaken freelance research in a consultant capacity to the world of entertainment since 2001. He has worked as a consultant to various TV production companies, including (a) Mentor TV of Britain; (b) Red Star Films of Canada; and (c) the United States’ Sci-Fi Channel.

Nick worked for 12 months as the co-editor of the newsstand magazine Phenomena. He has had widespread experience of editing articles for length, clarity, grammar and punctuation to the high levels required for, and expected by, newsstand publications. He has also ghostwritten and edited a number of published books for authors.

He has also worked full-time as a consultant to several authors, conducting research on their behalf.

TV/lecture/media appearances:
Nick has appeared on more than 60 TV shows to promote his books and his research. In the late summer of 2004 he traveled to Puerto Rico for two weeks with a film team from the Sci-Fi Channel’s series, Proof Positive, to make a documentary about the Chupacabras. He appeared on the MSNBC show Countdown with Keith Olbermann on February 9, 2005. He also traveled to Puerto Rico in September 2005 to make a show about the Chupacabras for Canada’s Space Channel. He has lectured at a variety of conferences, including the Laughlin UFO Congress (in 1998 and 2001); the Mutual UFO Network Conference in 2004; the Aztec UFO Conference in 2003; the Texas Bigfoot Research Conference in 2004; at numerous events for the British-based UFO Magazine between 1997 and 2000 (now closed); and at the UFO Crash Retrieval Conference in Las Vegas (in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006).

Nick Redfern Home Page

[edit on 3/28/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi mister Redfern, how are you?
I have three questions for you, I hope you will answer them.
Thanks in advance.

I always has read your very interesting articles in the once existed British UFO Magazine of Graham and Mark Birdsall, and has in my possession your well written book The FBI Files.

My first question is,

What let you decide to let go the original story of the UFO crash and started to write the book “Body Snatchers In The Desert”: The Horrible Truth at the Heart of the Roswell Story.
Personally, I never have understand that, and I was convinced that you make by writing that book a terrible mistake.

My second question is,
Are you still convinced that you made the right decision then to write that book?

My third question is,
When you had the chance to meet with an Alien, would you do that?

[edit on 15/12/07 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hello Mr Redfern

On a recent ATS Mix show, the guest was Robert Morningstar, Associate Editor of UFO Digest, a gentleman I am sure you are familiar with.

He talked at length about the 'Black Triangles', starting off with the famous Belgium sighting and moving sequentially up to the present date.

He talked about a 'paradigm shift' in terms of the growing acceptance from the authorities that the sightings could no longer be 'held back' and disregarded. Dave and Johnny, I'm sure you can help elaborate further, I was listening late at night, at work, killing a few brain cells trying to meet a deadline for an early morning meeting with some clients who hate their jobs, their life, and probably their lunch too.

I personally am not sure that any form of disclosure will happen, but do you yourself believe that there is currently a 'paradigm shift' in terms of information being released, and perhaps because of that, a 'paradigm shift' in terms of people coming forward with less fear of judgment and ridicule.

Mr Redfern, I'm look forward to hearing your reply.

Righto, carry on, Dave and Johnny, you're both great Australians.

new topics

join