It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14,000 Year Old Ancient Toolkit Found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'd like to see more photos upon this discovery of objects.

But again, how do you exactly know how old it is by precision?

Intriuging discovery, nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
HI Mojo

I wasn't surprised to read this. I 'thought' I had seen something similar with respect to the Jinmium Toolkit found in AU.

Reason I ' x ' is its been a few years so was not sure. My doubt might be the dating of the Rock Shelter itself and not the artefacts discovered there. This could very well be the oldest tool kit found. The toolkit gave possible explanation to the extinction of megafauna. But, I think the artefacts/toolkits were attributed to the early to mid Holocene period (less than)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Hey Nat, hows it goin'.

Yes i remember reading about that too, i think this latest find out dates the others as far as the quality of the artifacts. There have definately been older tool kits just not in as good a condition as this one, particularly the sickle.
I think the more important question that is being asked from this find is the possibility that gender roles from that time may not be as clear cut as previously thought.

If any of that made sense then i will be surprised, just got home from the pub.
Its nice to see you around the board again.

Cheers Mark.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OH MY GOD! They must have found my grandfather's tool box, He has been looking for it since WW1. But on a more serious note, thats actually a very interesting find. You get a personal kudos and a star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join