It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free will guinea pig.. or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Something came up into my mind while reading other threads here, and that thought is actually quite terrifying if one does believe in aliens and abductions.

What if there's a race of greater intelligence (the aliens), who actually do have free will. Would they consider human beings to have such a thing, too? Or not?

We still have, after two thousand years of debate, some doubt about whether humans actually do have free will or not. If you have read and heard philosophers of our own day, you know what I mean. We may well be illusionarily conscious species here on earth.

We test animals, because our knowledge bestows us some insight about free will of animals. We do think most animals do not have it, and regard consciousness as a way to know. Therefore, we can safely test things with animals without any moral objections (radical groups are another matter altogether).

What if we do not have free will and aliens have thought the same way? Just test, no harm done as no free will exists.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Whether you believe you have free will or not is up to you.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
you dont think we have free will? then who ordered you to write such a....hmm..whatever topic..I guess the alien trolls compelled you

new topics

join