It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I must say this is the most disapointing film ever
the fighting scene wasnt all that
and i really expected more from the film after the playing the game,

yet another failuer in porting game to film

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was thinking about going to see this film.
Can you flesh out your review a little more?
Story
Characters
cgi
direction
etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

sure i will write one up later on
right now got to go out

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have to agree with you Bodrul. Huge fan of the Games, but the movie was poor. They seemed to miss out he was a clone; the fact that he was shown driving a flashy sports car is a bit weird. Also there were loads of plot points which werent connected.
Also what the hell was with that accent, its about as scary as Dawn French.

Jensy

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Story
as stated by jensy it never really tied in, when you play the game
you have a story line to go along with, with the film it starts off with him going through training and so on, and that hes just been bred from criminals, nothing to do with the game,

also you get lost through the film and whats going on, Randomly something will have taken place or happen,

Characters
cheesey, the charectors dont even go with the game let alone the film.

cgi
what CGI? i thought most were just acted and no cgi was added at all

direction
needed a better director

etc.
i wish i didnt even watch this film
waste of time

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree, it was a sad mess and a waste of my time.

To begin with I was surprised with the casting of Olyphant as 47.
Not because I was expecting to see Vin Diesel showing his old ass again, but after having seen Die Hard I got to dislike Olyphant for that role.

The movie seems to me to be a bit in favor of those who actually played the game back then. I heard people talking about how they didn't completely understand the backstory, which is briefly "flash backed" through in the beginning.

As for the filming there wasn't really any interesting angles or exciting movements of the camera. It was pretty straight forward with some halfhearted attempts to mimic the game cam and some really annoying straight on closeups like it was trying to put you in the seat as the receiver of what ever the character who was speaking at the moment had to say.
I counted twice where this angle had no cimematic use what so ever... it was just... there.

If we look on the casting bit, I already mentioned Olyphant, but it does not stop here. I'd like to get back to the role of the badguy later.
The supporting actor playing the role of the "other good guy", Dougray Scott, was ok at times and at other times.. well, below ok.
I dunno if I picked up something on him subconsciencely while watching the odd episode of Desperate Housewives, but he never really earned my total sympathy. He did an ok job, nothing more.

The role of 47s girl, played by Olga Kurylenko, was annoying. I haven't seen anything with her before so my experience of her couldn't be biased by anything other than the athmosphere from the movie.
To me she came off as a wannabe Bond girl but unfortunately landed as an emo instead. She's no doubt a pretty girl this just might be the priliminary steps for her career, but this movie doesn't get her there yet.

The random characters appearing as henchmen and what not where hopelessly cliché. The stereotypical russian secret agent trying to make the good guys work as hard as posible.
Again we see a bad casting job and/or directing job, as many of these guys overact in both dialog and physical acting.

About the big bad boss. This role was given to the Danish actor Ulric Thomsen and me being Danish as well is the sole reason I save him for last.
Ulric has said himself that he was aware of the bad lines he was gonna be saying in this movie, but coming from a small country like Denmark that has only spawned few international actors he couldn't really be choosy.
He did this for his CV...
And indeed yes, I've seen way better work from his part in the past.
His role is as cliche as the others and his lack of appearence throughout the movie makes sure you never really get a relationship to the bad boss.
His demise is somewhat disappointing too...

The fights were nothing spectacular... I would compare them to something similar to 90s Jackie Chan movies trying to do some Equilibrium.
I gotta admit though, there's something about fightscenes which includes swords

In short, I wish I hadn't spent the £9.50 for this movie and my mates actually felt the same way.
We went in and saw the movie even though we were already told that it had only received 1 star back in Denmark xD Before the movie started we agreed that no matter what we would come out of that theatre saying "this was a good movie"... we all failed that agreement.

It was not a good movie

I follow the critics back home and serve 1½ stars
(maybe 2 on a good day)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
and another thing, what was with Dougray Scott not lighting his cigarette. I was close to throwing a lighter at the screen.More seriously though the only decent film he was in was MI2.

I personally think it should have been in a some sort of animation. Anime would have been cool. But perhaps something a bit more like Renaisaince.

Jensy

top topics

join