It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Debate Series

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

"Filesharing" is alright.

The NWO is run by the corporate elite

The Mexican Border issue is being allowed to happen to propel the US into a 3rd World Nation status.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by TheBorg]

These three items I will gladly oppose. The others I would propose.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, nobody has come forward yet who feels they have both the time and the appropriate experience to act as a debate forum moderator while I am recused, therefore I'd like to propose that we basically run these debates by (shudder) committee.

I propose that we use the standard rules (except 48 hour limits and holiday break option), with star-count judging system. I'll start the debate threads that neither I or my partner Argos are participating in, and I'll ask a mod participating in one of those debates to begin the threads that Argos and I are participating in.

Matchups and topics can be either randomly assigned or agreed to.

Requests for extensions, rule interpretations etc, and also questions can be handled in this thread on a not-quite-official basis by majority opinion of the participating mentors.

Does all of that sound good to everyone? If so I think it would be cool if we could finalize it all this evening and create the threads so that we can start tomorrow. Those of us who like it fast may still be able to finish our debates before christmas this way, and those of us who do not intend to do so will atleast know for certain that the matches are happening.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

yeah....lets just set up some matches and then go from there. If anyone has questions/objections it´ll come up during the tournament.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It has recently come up that I am human.
I like to pretend that's not true sometimes, but I am, and I'm sorry to those of you who have been inconvenienced by it in the past. I'll probably never be perfect.

That is why I have such a deep appreciation for the dozens of you who have been extremely forgiving, patient, and polite about it. I am very relieved that the vast majority of you have had very little difficulty understanding how things work and operating independently when I can't be as prompt as I wish I could.

The value of all of you who I am talking about to this forum is put into striking relief by the actions of some other members, who would like to blame me for their inability to use the MyATS feature effectively, and who see fit to try and disrupt events they are not participating in when they are not happy with the reasonable answer they get through the proper channels. That may fly in the court rooms of the great state of Arizona, but we expect better around here, and are very proud of the fact that our distinguished fighters almost always meet and exceed that expectation without even being asked.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programing.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ok.... I wont ask what happened there then. ^^^

Just posting in to let it be known i'm ready when you guys are, i'm just itching to know who i'll be paired up against first.

Lets get this thing going

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I propose that we use the standard rules (except 48 hour limits and holiday break option), with star-count judging system. I'll start the debate threads that neither I or my partner Argos are participating in, and I'll ask a mod participating in one of those debates to begin the threads that Argos and I are participating in.

Make it so.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry 'm so late getting on, but I am all for it as well...

There is no reason a group as distinguished as this can not manage their selves with complete success.....

Let's get it on!!!!!!

Semper

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'd be more than happy to help out for threads that you are participating in. Assuming, of course, that I'm not matched as your opponent. And I'd also be more than happy to help with anything else that you require.

I do yours, you do mine, we can split the rest. When we match up, we'll figure it out then.

Whatever you require, need only ask.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

If the threads are going to be made soon any chance of a list of the fights and the topic in each for round one here on this thread to review.

Just itching to start my research and get going.

No worries if not possible or inconvenient i'll try to keep my eagerness at bay lol.

EDIT to add: Sorry am very competitive, i even relish beating my lil bro at thumb wars. I know its sad lol.

[edit on 19/12/07 by Argos]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Let's light 'er up with big neon lights!!

TheBorg

[edit on 20-12-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If there is any choice in the matter I would like to debate TheBorg against the theory that a negativeNWOagenda or a group called "Illuminati" exist. That would be an interesting debate.

To whoever my opponent is: Beginning saturday I will be away from home and have no internet access for 3 days and limited internet access until the 16th of January. I will do my best to get online to deliver a good debate, but I hereby apologize for any delays I might cause.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Sounds good to me. I would think that we wouldn't have much problem taking care of this ourselves with as many mods involved as there are.

Really looking forward to this and we will get the semper/vagabond match and chissler/vagabond match at some point throughout this tourney. Those are the 2 premiere match-up's that I am looking forward to.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm waiting on pins and needles for 'Byrd vs Vagabond'...

Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone luck. There are going to be a lot of great battles from what I have seen from all of you before. I'm going to enjoy this show...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Congratulations on winning your debate that exponential human advancement will eventually stop. I had to laugh because its hard for me to imagine winning a side like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
....Thanks.

Yeah...I was kind of worried when I first saw the debate topic...it's a tough one to defend, but really, most of the debate topics I have been given were such that I had the short straw....But I figuerd if I stayed with the relative advancement of the last century and population growth that I could keep the pressure on. Nyk did me a favor with the multiverse link as well...

But in my opinion, the debate was his for the taking; I really wish we could have finished and had it go to the stars. Last I checked he was up
2-0.

I wonder what the future will bring...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've assigned matches based on the order that teams were announced in.

Chissler and GAO announced first.

Intrepid and Skyfloating announced second.

Myself and Argos announced third.

Byrd and The Borg announced fourth.

Semperfortis, I deeply regret to announce, will be sitting this one out. We would have found another team to match him and NYK against, but there has been another problem that renders that a moot point. I realize that some people might quite justifiably interpret this as meaning that I am scared of him. That's a misunderstanding, but a very understandable one. Rest assured that I will be giving Semper his shot at the top of the ladder just as soon as this event wraps up.

So the matches are
Team 1 v Team 2
Chissler v Intrepid
GAOTU789 v Skyfloating

Team 3 v Team 4
The Vagabond v Byrd
Argos v The Borg

The topics were chosen in a slightly subjective manner and any challenge to the appropriateness of the assignments by a participant in this debate will be honored (unless that challenge is something patently absurd, such as "I want a topic that is heavily slanted in my favor"). I selected my favorite topic from each list of suggestions, then assigned them to teams in the order they were suggested.

Chissler v Intrepid: If I own it, I can share it on the net.

GAOTU789 v Skyfloating: The elite are not categorically evil

The Vagabond v Byrd: The Powers That Be have splintered, and each side holds a part of the world

Argos v The Borg: The Mexican Border issue is being allowed to happen to propel the US into a 3rd World Nation status.

I have to go get my paycheck now. When I come home, I'm going to create the threads that Argos and I aren't participating in, and U2U Chissler asking him to copy and paste the same initial post with altered names and topics to start the remaining threads.

Just because the thread gets started doesn't make it final. If you have a problem with anything, speak before making your first post (and if humanly possible, before your opponent's first post, though I know that might not be possible).

Let's have some fun and showcase our skills. And don't sweat the clock. This does not aim to be the Debate That Stole Christmas (or the debate that got you fired, divorced, or excommunicated) so take the time you need. Thanks for jumping in despite what a busy time this is.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice set-up there.

GAOTU: Good luck. Is there any particular side of the debate you want? Id prefer to argue the PRO side of that debate, but I ´ll leave the choice up to you (or maybe the Vagabond decides).

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Generally the first debater named has the pro side, however I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowable for fighters to switch if there is mutual agreement.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, go ahead and set up the debates. Should GAOTU and I choose something different, its only a minor edit later on.

EDIT: Nevermind. Dont wanna hold up the debate, I accept my fate.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join