It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens banding together for the betterment of the Human Race

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
All of us on this site sit at our computers and pass on our judgements, opinions, ideas and factual info from personal investigatory processes. Yet i find myself sitting here asking myself....Why dont we just do something about all of these issues?
I submit to the entirety of the ATS community that we should all band together, maybe not all at once obviously, and convene in a large forum in the real world and form sort of a civil think tank to try and come up with new ideas that can eventually help the US and humans in general as a whole. Are there conferences such as these? Their might be...but does ATS host any of them for the specific purpose of discussing topics, strategies and ideas that could better society as a whole?
I for one would love to participate in something of this nature and would be proud of the fact that i had a hand in it.
We have to meet eachother and work TOGETHER to come to an agreement because in reality the only way things change is if the minds and efforts of the people work cooperatively to overcome any injustice. What do you people think? SOmeone might have mentioned this in this forum already but its worth another shot.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You people have no guts....what is it? Are you all worried that im some sort of secret agent that will arrest everyone or something? The whole point of this idea is to get everyone in a room and have an educated debate....just think of the possibilites. Some of you do so so much investigation and wouldnt it be amazing if we could share this info in publice? It is very important that we all put our minds together to come up with viable solutions to all of these issues that plague our wonderful country. Action needs to be taken even if it is just in the form of a think tank. Someone has to provide some sort of input.....

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Careful now you are bordering on recruiting which is not allowed on ATS
not that I am trying to be a mod or anything just got nailed myself for a post like this..

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 12/18/2007 by geocom]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
OOOOPSS! Definately not trying to do that so any mod that sees this please do not misinterpret my intentions...i am simply proposing an idea and would like the rest of ats to provide some input. This isnt centered around me or a particular idea or organization. Its just a suggestion that we do these debates in a physical and perhaps public forum for all to see with there own eyes. All those investigations out there undertaken but ATS members would be so much more effective if we could talk about the results face to face. Thats all im saying...im not recruiting anyone beleive me.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
G2, I think that is a wonderful idea. I don't know how many folks would be able to travel to one destination on the planet, but perhaps there could be a series of meetings, or meetings in several places on earth at the same time. ATS could host it, but the public would be invited. We wouldn't be trying to recruit, because the main agenda is to Deny Ignorance.

I have always thought that ATS has a huge potential to unite all different kinds of people from places all over the planet; the potential to understand each other's differences. ATS could do so much toward contributing to Peace on Earth.

I'm sure that we could get alot of folks on here to volunteer their expertise, so that it wouldn't cost all that much to produce. I, for one, would be more than happy to contribute my time and talents. I run a magazine and would be happy to run ads, articles, etc. about this project. I can also type, design fliers, etc.

It would be a huge project and a big challenge, but together, I think we could do it. Any takers among the 3 Amigos?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
HI guice2 aren’t we already doing that “think tank”? I mean we have all the ppl in the world come here and share or discuss topics…. Why do we have to see each other to accomplish that? Besides not all of us live in the same country as you do.
so what issue is bothering you right now?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
O man....goosebumps from all the possibilities. First off....i apologize if you all mistook my idea as one that called for everyone to convene in one place. That is hardly what i am suggesting, trust me i would never expect that from ATS....no way that will happen. So of course we will have to have several different locations for these meetings and like any other convention, the host (ATS) would negotiate aggreements with a hotel and a caterer and charge everyone accordingly. Simple....the problem is advertising but that shouldnt be too much of a hinderance since some of us own companies that might be able to help market such an event. Forestlady....it is wonderful that you are willing to use your magazine for this purpose and beleive me....i am also willing to use my printing company to provide any flyers, cards, posters that you might design for ATS if they decide to undergo such an undertaking as organizing these events. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by codex code

honestly, yes...this is a think tank but ideologies, proof, "facts" and opinios are better heard and understood in a physical forum. Especially if there are pictures and documents to be shown and authenticated. Of course it goes without saying that there must be strict rules in place to keep those nutties from getting out of control and there has to be sufficient security but its the same as any other convention except that you will probably never find such a collection of different ideas in one place than at an ATS convention...if it happens

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What problems am i having now? That list will be too long to mention here but to generalize the entire thing let me just say this:
My biggest issue with the sociopolitical/socioeconomic status of our civilizatiion here in the US is perception. Whether it be the perception of money and wealth or the perception of ticketing for speeding....the outlook on life that people and organized governments (local and federal) have must be helped and nurtured to include certain things like humanism, true justice, loyalty and generosity. There might be more that have to be instilled into our society more so than not and perhaps some more people with describe a few of them but i think thats a perfect place to start. We lack these things in several sections of our society....everywhere from education to law enforcement you can find a spot where either one or all of these do not exist or have been completely circumvented.
Personally though to answer your question more specifically...right now the issues that enrage me the most are debt and local state and federal laws regarding driving on interstate highways specifically regarding the rediculously high fines and frivolous ticketing.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
G2 I agree with you totally. I am retired and have the means to travel anywhere in this country. I have many talents including cleaning toilets cooking, speaking, writing, bookkeeping skills, and just about any other skill short of brain surgery.

The problem is getting people to get up out of their chairs, and on their feet.

Another problem.... we will need to stop fighting each other and come together for our cause.

Take care of those two problems and we can do anything.

Lets rock and roll baby. I'm ready.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Im glad to see some enthusiasm....although im definately expecting some jerk to come here and say something like "Stop complaining and be happy for what you already have....your luck your not in a third world country!"
There is something wrong with that rationality....although be it true that we are not a third world country that does not mean there arent improvements to be made. Someday though, we might reach the status of a 1984 type society where we are all subdued (more so than we are now) by work and debt and everything is owned by one corporation....almost there people so its time to wake up. Raising consciousness is a huge problem and your right, it will be extremely difficult to get people off their buts and out into the real world to voice their opinions but we have to do it. We have to understand that the solutions is not as black and white as some people actually beleive and that any issue discussed is not something that needs to be argued from any one particular school of thought. WE must learn to come together as humans and as citizens to understand what needs to be done for the betterment of the greater good for all involved and not just elites or minorities.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No Partisan politics allowed.....not greedy agendas with any type of bottom line consciousness allowed either. Just straight up discussion about the changes that need to be made for the good of the entire race...not just us but we can start with just us

There are some issues that are so obvious to be either conspiracies or right out lies and we also have to expose those as well. We cant sit here and argue about what proof actually is when we know that there are plenty of things which are hidden from the view of the regular tax paying citizen and since governments are created in our image....that needs to be changed immedietly.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What sort of magazine do you run if you do not mind me asking?
That is a good way to gain exposure....personal mail invitations are fantastic as well. We need to make this movement look as corporate as possible to prevent people from marking it up as a star trek convention. We can just have people screaming about aliens and alien hybrids...although those are two topics that should be discussed it should be done in a professional and sincere manner. Just like they did for the disclosure projcet press conference in may of 2001. ATS should contact those people to get some guest speakers at our symposiums. I know some people might mention MUFON as one of these groups but our purpose will not be only centered around alien conspiracy theories and UFO's....we want to strive for a better life for everyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am for the title, 'Citizens banding together for the betterment of the human race.'

But through the virtues and values that make us free. Our right to choose freedom within.

How its done though, is through the very minds that set up the structure, you have to penetrate its shield through knowing things, then one seed of information goes into the (internal circuits) which in return opens up possibilities which create disturbances in the structure. Then you use the very foundation they use to exploit our weaknesses through our media and news to broadcast otherwise.

You use (their own) tactics against them.

But first you have to penetrate their shields, the minds illusions, and once your in, you have (there hearts) best interest in store, then you grab them by the balls and the rest will follow.

(That is how it is done.)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It will take more then One man to free a nation, you are only as strong as your chain link.

I haven't watched anything of our presidential hopefulls lately but what exactly is RON PAUL for?

And what immediate message is he urging through his campaign just curious?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

THanks for asking, Guice. It is the world's oldest Pagan magazine, been around since 1967. It's goal is to educate and make people aware of the need to care for our planet and not waste our resources or harm the planet. We also publish articles about innovative ideas. and outside-the-box thinking. I think that most people would enjoy it, not just Pagans. For example, I just published an interview I did with Jesse Marcel, Jr. of Roswell crash fame. I'm geting ready to interview Barbara Ehrenreich, who wrote "Nickel and Dimed". She also wrote a book about the Inquisition, which is what I'll be interviewing her about. We publish poetry, Pagan traditions and viewpoints but also things of great interest to others. I will soon be publishing an interview with Matthew Stein, who wrote an excellent book on how to survive when civilization falls, or electricity fail, etc. It is a survival book and one of the best I've ever come across.
We also published an article written by a Christian Pagan. He is Roman Catholic and practices Magick.
We will publish articles written by people of all faiths, as long as it is something that would interest Pagans. It is called Green Egg. If anyone has
something they would like to contribute, let me know, I'll be happy to review it.

It is perfectly within our Mission Statement to promote such ideas as you have. Perhaps a website with the title of this thread would be a good way to start. I also have many contacts who are well-known and I'm sure they would be happy to speak, etc. at such a conference.
Much as I hate corporate entities, I do agree with you Guice that it should look as corporate and professional as possible. Designing a logo would be a great way to start, I believe, because logos are powerful and they communicate with the subconscious; hence why corporations use them to sell things to the public. But this would be a logo promoting the principles Guice has described.
Now - how to pitch it to the admins? How about we tell them we'll do the work if we can use the ATS name as a sponsor? We could probably get a whole host of other sponsors as well, who might contribute money, items for auction to raise money, etc.
What do y'all think?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
But before that happens they will create viruises for the cure to stop the infection of knowing takes place. They hit every street corner, every crack house, every dark point of humanity and give them the cure. They will try to create a anti-viruis to direct knowledge.

They will attack any outside cultures that have (inside knowledge) thats been passed down generation to generation to free the people.

They will teach you to fear what you eat so you will fear your bodies, that way you do not connect to that spirit within.

"Be free and know you are when you choose to listen to the voice within"

"You are free when your bodies refuse their infection"

BE YOUR HEART. BE YOUR SPIRIT.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by menguard]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
While your idea is a noble one, I am not sure that it is attainable. We have so many differing beliefs and opinions on this site, you'd be hard pressed to find much of a consensus on anything, really.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Please...do not miss the point here. The object is not to have everyone agree on things that they personally beleive but rather to understand rational and reasonable conclusions to some of the issues that directly impact the well being of one or many human beings and citizens. Healthcare for example is obviously a very large topic of discussion and really what it comes down to is this: IT IS NOT A BUSINESS! If i was a doctor i wouldnt be so worried about my paycheck as i was the health of the patient....its the opposite in the US and it isnt the fault of the MD. You have pharmaceutical companies and insurance agencies to blame for most of it and then comes personal greed. You see....all you have to do is change perception and as menguard stated, you must spread knowledge (true knowledge) as quickly as wildfire because that is the catalyst for change. That is the epitomy of what a revolution is all about.....gaining knowledge and spreading it to defeat the long arms of an oppressive system. We do not want to destroy society....only make it better for our children.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Nickel and dimed huh? That is a good book i hear...my girlfriend had to read it in one of her economics classes at the university of virginia. That is definately an interview that i would love to read. Raising money for this thing will be a challenge but if the admins of ATS are interested in taking on this sort of a thing that would be a huge help.....its just a matter of convincing them. Of course we all understand that these things do not happen overnight so smaller conventions might be called for at first to discuss matters that might affect local citizens in a particular municipality, village, town city.....basically we can answer peoples calls for help. Take our "think tank" to that city and meet with the political leaders and legislatures calling for investigations if neccessary hoping to weed out the greed and hidden agendas behind things such as police brutality, desrimination in housing, welfare, medicare, frivolous ticketing, etc....
Whats the policy on ATS? CAn i divulge personal info and show my website? And can you name the magazine? I dont really know how it works....maybe if there were so many spooks out there and nazi government employees that stretch the meanings of words like "terrorist" to include anyone who has a dissenting opinion., we all would feel a little safer using our freedom of speach wouldnt we?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join