It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Truth,

I respect you for the great amount of faith that you hold in your religion. I wish that i could have as much faith in something with so little proof. I have been exposed to too much science and skepticism to hold belief in the ideas held by the christian church. I wish that i could believe that after death there was an afterlife and that there was a direction to things but i cannot. I wish i could believe in something as strongly and rigidly as you do, you have no problems because your god will protect you.

XAOS

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I like that respone x, that was an extremely truthful response.

But im telling you, the reason i believe so much is because of miracles that noone in here
believes happened to me.

i read up on the saints miracles all the time, fatima, the shroud, stigmatas, the healings, and
i have personally witnessed some of this stuff which just makes me know god is true.

If you truley want to believe in what is true god will not give up on you and he will
reveal himself to you.

But i understand what your talking about, there is so much falsehood and cenerios on the internet to believe and
its infact hard to believe in one diety or a diety at all because satan has made it so bad that its
almost impossibly to have unbreakable faith in these days.

the revelation is in the miracles which i have personally witnessed.

God will not let the world be destoryed without a warning, so everybody will have a chance to believe in him.

pacman, good post.

peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Cannot accept your interpretation of the bible "truth."

It is toooo wrong as far as who is lying my impression is its whoever never realized man technology would reach a point they could understand the cause of diseases.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Xaos, using your logic, which is good, what we are seeing is that the folk lore and myths of the past are mutatiing to reflect the society of the present.

So Witches on broomsticks are now UFOS, werewolves and vampires are "men in black"

Or the demons of the past are now the UFO encounters of the present, the underlying reality is the same, however the context of that reality as we see it is being modified to reflect the "modern" mindset.

We laugh at ancient man believing in dragons, monsters, and werewolves, yet we accept the reality of UFO's aliens, etc.

Personally I beleive that there are malevolient entities in this world who would do harm to people that now present themselves to the world in a different 'skin' than they have in the past, the old 'gods' and demons are rehashed for a new generation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join