It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 11:34 AM
link   
A little more serious than "Bellybutttons"

What if the Alien/UFO phenomenon is just the human response to the death of traditional religions. No one really believes in their religion anymore, but religion is one of the major parts of humanity, it provides something beyond reality to keep humans in check and happy. Aliens are taking this niche over from religion, giving something for us to believe in now that we have grown up and neither god nor our parents can protect us anymore. Various UFOlogists and skeptics have speculated on this, including the late, great Carl Sagan. Features from many religions and myths figure into the UFO legends: Faeries; Elves; An omniscient, omnipotent power guiding humanity; a battle between good and evil; to mention a few. Some say (ex: erich von daaniken) that this is because aliens are religion and they are god, angels and elves. Possible, yes; plausible, no. but isnt it more possible that humanity is insecure and needs something to hold onto.
Just a thought.
What do you think?

XAOS

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"" no one believes in their religion anymore ""

I do very much, infact i (know) christ is the saviour and lord.

but aliens are created from satan as part of the endtime delusions. these things will
have alot to do with antichrist and the world wide governments.

it is a way to make people believe in other (gods) or to decieve peple into a new
world order.

god never created another race, he only mentions us and only us.

Conditions outside of the earths atmosphere are far worse than any of us expected and would make
it impossible for creatures to live or have civilizations in outer space.

they are soley created by satan with his peoplle who run the world who all conduct the plan to bring about
gods revelation.

God says.

""" i will send them in those days, strong delusions that they may believe a lie """

meaning those with no faith believing in stuff they (should) know to be false.

ones without faith will believe in these creatures and false miracles in the future.

peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hey Xaos check out this site

www.nidsci.org...

Truth where exactly is the word "delusions" in the
Bible? Also what do you know about conditions outside earths atmosphere?

they are soley created by satan with his peoplle who run the world who all conduct the plan to bring about
gods revelation.

Huh????

You will have to excuse truth he beleives is TV is possesed by God

[Edited on 12-12-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How narrow minded of you to think that we are the only so called intelligent race..or spieces around...Good grief you are like most other church goers..**we are not some giant ant farm ** for your god to look down on and play with.

Boomslang

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"" you will have to excuse truth, he thinks his tv
is possessed by god ""

I never said this. nor do i think aany such thing.

"" where do you read the word delusions ""

llThessalonians 2 11-12

"" how do you know about outside earths atmosphere ""

science.

seriously, god is not looking down on us like an ant farm. he charishes us more
than we charish ourselves.

peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Honestly it does say "delusions" but your interpretations about it meaning aliens are misleading. This is simply another example of where your belief system presents pain and suffering to others who do not accept your system of belief (Jesuits).

Truth despite your delusions about a TV Changing channels I find you to have very little to do with God as a being of peace. Perhaps rather as the ultimate cure for your fanatic systems of belief (not that is will do any good in the long run).

"Truth' states

One-night two years ago I had the TV change channels on me without a remote doing it. I was watching a sports show and all of a sudden I left the room to get a drink, came back, and the channel was on the religious channel. I was shocked and scared. I sat down and knew it was from god and it was on the endgame biblical events. Ever since then I have had vivid dreams of Christ, Mary, hell, heaven, and have given up Just about every sin I commit. Have had stuff like bible chapter�s pop in my head out of nowhere, and then look them up and the chapter is just what IM looking for and needed to know.

Took the liberty of correcting your spelling and Grammar �Truth� Hope you do not mind as it does make the comments more readable. When you lie "Truth" is causes you to seem like you really do not care

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Truth what I know is non of your business, to be honest not sure you want to make it your business.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i find it fasinatingly ignorant that you say what i said was a lie.

this event did happen to me, and you have no clue what happened that night
so dont sit here and tell me you do.

believe what you will toltec, but i have nothing to prove to you or anybody.

I know what ive seen in my life and noone else does.

Btw, it does mean in a sense lying wonders of satan.

the whole 2nd thessalonians chapter 2 infact taalks about the end times and satans delusions which
would include aliens.

not just aliens, but false wonders will include these delusions as well.

aliens are a big part of antichrists coming.

toltec, im telling you with all my heart that this event did happen to me, and im not
mixing any words, it happened how i explained.

I had sports center on (sports show), and i went to get a drink ( i live in an
apartment so i can see the tv from where the kitchen is), so literally when i came
back in the channel
was changed onto a religious channel which has chnaged my whole outlook on things.

believe what (you) will.

peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"Truth" I would mention Titus 1:2 as well as Heb 6:18 in relation to your heresy as well as 1Sam 15:29.

What are the wonders of Satan is in relation to lies "truth" and you do seem to understand the
Basics of what Satan wants.Satan wants people To believe that God is without Mercy and Humanity (despite how advanced we become). It is you "truth who lack respect for the Trinity and its hope for the future.

I say this very specifically "truth' you speak with forked tongue, and I mean it.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 12:16 AM
link   
well toltec, it is not heresy.

I never said god lies, i said he will send them strong delusions that they
may believe who are not of god in falsehood.

basically god says he will send strong delusions in the end times so the unjust
may believe in falsehood or be given over to falsehood.

that does not make god a liar, he is the tester and he test those on earth
to see who has faith.

he expects us to denounce the false delusions to overcome his test of faith which
clearly does not mean he lies.

that comes from mis translation of passages and concluding god contradicts himself which is not
the case.

god did not say, i will lie to them where they have no choice but to believe.

he says i will send them strong delusions for those who are given over to sin so that they
may be given over to more sin by believing in falsehood.

Btw, i type fast and do not care about grammer. Did you understand what i said despite
the bad grammer??

there you go.

it does not matter.

peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Main Entry: de�lu�sion
Pronunciation: di-'l�-zh&n, dE-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin delusion-, delusio, from deludere
Date: 15th century
1 a : the act of deluding : the state of being deluded b : an abnormal mental state characterized by the occurrence of psychotic delusions
2 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated b : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self
- de�lu�sion�al /-'l�zh-n&l, -'l�-zh&-n&l/ adjective
- de�lu�sion�ary /-zh&-"ner-E/ adjective

Pronunciation Key

� 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy
--------------------

Btw, i type fast and do not care about grammer. Did you understand what i said despite
The bad grammar??

"Truth" 200 or so year ago Murder would have seemed just as important. The Falsehood seem apparent, whatever "truth" believes is not relevant we should all treat as it. And the only reason is because he thinks it�s not important. This because he has seen miracles and questioning that is against God??????????

God sends falsehoods, which are psychotic delusions, the result of a test of faith. Which is to delude the mind into thinking that these Falsehoods are real (delusions). All because people do not wish to accept the Jesuit faith.

Main Entry: false�hood
Pronunciation: 'fols-"hud
Function: noun
Date: 13th century
1 : an untrue statement : LIE
2 : absence of truth or accuracy
3 : the practice of lying : MENDACITY

Pronunciation Key

� 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

Despite what you feel is appropriate "Truth" Falsehoods are Lies God has nothing to do with these contradictions, that it is in the bible is related to mans lies.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 12:44 AM
link   
To state God is engaged in a Lie is Herecy "Truth"

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Dear Truth,

To say that god created no other races is to contradict everything around you, look. There are plants, animals, and some very intelligent creatures. Where in the bible does it say that this is the only world with life? Just because God created and favored us doesnt mean that he hasnt created other species. Where does it say in the bible that we are the only sentient, intelligent species. Just because he didnt mention them to the jews and early christians doesnt mean they do not exist. what would have happened if God had said to moses:" Look up, in those bits of twinkly light there lies another race like your own, but short, and grey and they will come unto earth and scare the crap out of humans. And you shall make bad movies about these creatures, and a person named truth shall make a fool of himself." If He had done that what would his credibility be with these people. Maybe they are mentioned in the bible, LOOK HARDER.

To Toltec,

Thanks, have you read Carl Sagan's "The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark" It is a must read for all ufo enthusiasts who aren't fanatical and will reject all opposing theories. It gives a clear view into the world of UFOlogy and religion, giving a good reasonable answer to most of the outrageous ideas of many ufo enthusiasts.

Xaos

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes have read it, My formal background is in Psychology and have spent most of my life treating delusional people.

This is a great site Xaos and do welcome you to ATS

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 03:36 PM
link   
taking part in a test of faith is not commiting
a lie of speach.

its hard for you to understand this because you dont undersatnd
god that much.

The true translation is...

"" God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying ""

he is not lying, he tells us that he will send operation of error so we may not be decieved
by falsehood. it is a test of what we will and will not believe.

if we have a strong belief in god and jesus, we know such things are false.

itis for those who welcome falsehood as the truth. he shall allow satan to decieve with lying wonders
souls of the world. those who believe are in lying wonders are given over
to falsehood.

this is so easy to undersatnd, yet toltec, you cannot understand this.

Also there is no need to give us the definition of delusion.

i think everybody knows what that means.

Btw, you worked with delusional people??

how did the interview with toltec go?

(kidding)

peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Truth" states

God says.
""" i will send them in those days, strong delusions that they may believe a lie """

"Truth" states

the whole 2nd thessalonians chapter 2 infact taalks about the end times and satans delusions which
would include aliens.

"Truth" states

The true translation is...

"" God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying ""

"Truth" is sounds to me like your lying. Based on what interpetation do you get "operations of error" to mean delusions? Ok this is another one of those area's in which you have implied that an inherently medical problem is actually evidence of Satanic influence. So therefore a conclusion to you points, are that people who are delusional. Are actually being influenced by the Devil.

"Truth" the last thing a person with a mental disorder is in need of, is this sort of garbage. Let me be clear, I feel sorry for anyone who would have a problem of this type and would run into someone like you. Because obviously someone of your type of personal belief. Would be nothing but a hindrance on reasonable and rational treatment.

To you it seems apparent that because the end time are coming those people who are in Mental hospitals and under the treatment of a licensed therapist. Are individuals who are possessed by the Devil? This is no different that the comments you made earlier this year about the Mentally retarded.

You worry so much about the "End of the World" you are prepared to label the sick as sinners. Who are in such a state because they or there ancestors committed an act against God?

You are so obsessed that you have very little compassion for anything that lies outside of
What you are thinking, people who have mental disorders have imbalances in their body chemistry. The Hallucination�s they have are the reuslt of this. So what you are implying is the God intends on causing on a scale of billions of people Chemical imbalances in there body chemistry.

"Truth" its time for you to grow up.

Consider this, no one has ever died of believing in aliens but because of the belief that the Holy bible
Should be taken literally, millions are dead as a result. Potentially there exist billions of planets in space
Which could maintain life.

On this one there is a book that some say what created all of that wants to kill Billions of people. My impression is those people here who feel the ways they do about the bible are deluded. And you know what I don�t think the Devil is doing it. I think they are doing it to themselves.

[Edited on 13-12-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 11:30 PM
link   
it was a joke.

Also i have different bibles.

the one that said delusion was the kjv. and the one that said operation
of error was the douay rheims bible.

when you said you treated delusional people you put the wink symbol which you
probably meant me, so i joked back because those who think im delusional are actually lost themselves.

But look, i am no danger to anybody, infact i am a shy polite individual who loves god and believes in him
and you think i have a problem when i talk about these miracles because you have never witnessed this stuff.

and if you have witnessed this stuff you dont think it comes from god.

everything im telling you i witnessed is true, you dont have to believe but that means nothing because i
know what ive seen from god.

I know christ is the lord and will defend him forever nomatter who thinks im crazy.

he has revealed himself to me by stuff you just cant believe in.

peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The Second Epistle of St. Paul to the Thessalonians

Chapter 2.
1 And we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of our gathering together unto him:
2 That you be not easily moved from your sense, nor be terrified, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by epistle, as sent from us, as if the day of the Lord were at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means, for unless there come a revolt first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,
4 Who opposeth, and is lifted up above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God.
5 Remember you not, that when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now you know what withholdeth, that he may be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity already worketh; only that he who now holdeth, do hold, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then that wicked one shall be revealed whom the Lord Jesus shall kill with the spirit of his mouth; and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming, him,
9 Whose coming is according to the working of Satan, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
10 And in all seduction of iniquity to them that perish; because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying:
11 That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity.
12 But we ought to give thanks to God always for you, brethren, beloved of God, for that God hath chosen you firstfruits unto salvation, in sanctification of the spirit, and faith of the truth:
13 Whereunto also he hath called you by our gospel, unto the purchasing of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
14 Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.
15 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God and our Father, who hathloved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation, and good hope in grace,
16 Exhort your hearts, and confirm you in every good work and word.

Please see attached source which is an online copy of the version of the bible "Truth" presented.

Online Bible

"Truth" someone here is lying, the Online bibles homepage is a Christian Univercity.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 12:39 AM
link   
" someone here is lying "

don't understand what you are implying?

Thanks for posting the whole chapter.

Notice what god says?

"" Unless the revolt come first ""

(protestantism)

"" aand the man of sin be revealed, so that he (sitteth) in the
(temple) of God, and proclaim himself as god ""

the temple of god is the church, so that would mean that rome would be the seat of the
antichrist.

this was in lasalett..

"" rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist ""

peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 01:13 AM
link   
members.aol.com...

I've wondered too about delusions, but King Ahab was given delusions because he wouldn't take the truth.

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." (1 Corinthians 14:33)

"Let all things be done decently and in order."
(1 Corinthians 14:40)

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." (Proverbs 18:13)

If people would seek the Lord with a sincere heart and an honest desire for The Truth, He would be more than happy to reveal it to them. But you see, they don't. Instead, they read the Bible with a critical eye just looking for errors of one sort or another. Because they have rejected the Word of the Lord, they want to be convinced that it is full of mistakes, contradictions and inaccuracies. This is the only way they can justify their sin of unbelief and their ungodly lifestyle. While they think they are pulling one over on God, what these types of folks apparently don't realize is that God is the One Who is pulling the wool over THEIR eyes! If they really want to be deceived, the Lord will allow them to be deceived. In fact, we are told that He will choose their delusion for them:

"I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."
(Isaiah 66:4)

Another good example concerning the defeat of evil King Ahab in 1 Kings chapter twenty-two. The gist of this amazing story is that Jehoshaphat, king of the southern kingdom of Judah who ruled from Jerusalem, went to see Ahab, king of the northern kingdom of Israel who ruled from Samaria. This is the same King Ahab and Queen Jezebel who persecuted the Lord's prophet Elijah. The Lord was very upset with Ahab and Jezebel because of their many evil doings, all of which are recorded in 1 Kings chapters sixteen through twenty-two. At any rate, Ahab revealed his plans to attack Ben-hadad the king of Syria. Being a righteous king in some regards, Jehoshaphat asked Ahab if he had first sought the Lord's Will regarding this matter. Being as evil as he was, Ahab couldn't care less what the Lord thought. However, to appease Jehoshaphat so that he would join him in battle at Ramoth-gilead, Ahab called for his prophets. It is here that we get a behind-the-scenes view of what was really going on in the Spirit World in the realm of the Heavenly Courts:

"And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning
thee." (1 Kings 22:19-23)

The above words were spoken to the two kings by the true prophet of God, Micaiah. Because he faithfully obeyed the Lord, Micaiah was cast into prison by the evil King of Israel. Ahab and Jehoshaphat then went against the King of Syria. During the course of the battle, one of King Beh-hadad's archers shot an arrow up into the air by chance. Because of the Lord's Will, this arrow found its mark, and King Ahab was mortally wounded and died that same day. As had been prophesied, Ahab's blood was licked up by the dogs when it was washed out of his chariot. Later, his evil Queen Jezebel was also eaten by dogs.

The main point in all of this is that because Ahab was leaning upon his own strength and wisdom, because he didn't care what the Lord thought, the Lord purposely allowed the king to be deceived by permitting one of His many ministering Spirits to go speak lies through the mouths of his false prophets. That Spirit told the king exactly what he wanted to hear. A few other excellent verses on this topic of delusion which I've shared before are the following:

"...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"
(2 Thessalonians 2:10b-11)

The Bible is self-interpretting. It explains itself. However, in order to know and understand this, it is imperative that you do a lot of reading; otherwise you will never make the right connections. The Truth will evade you at every turn. You must read, read, read; and study, study study. If you do this, if you take the time to diligently study God's Word, He will most certainly reward you with pearls of great price.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join