The REAL masonic signs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Personally all of the "signals" I've seen here are common everyday, um, not even signals, just things people do with their hands. I've done them all and I'm not a Mason. There's another hand signal I use too, usually in traffic but I can't post that. It's against the T&C.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by corsig

Maybe we should file a class action lawsuit. Demand our braincells plus money for pain and suffering.

I chew my fingernails. I also like to pose myself sometimes for stretching purposes. Am I a Mason? If so, they must have changed their rules around, me being female. Wow. I'm a female Mason and never knew it! Someone call Oprah!

My cats do those poses alot. And they always follow me around. Always watching me. Stalking me, creeping up on me. Maybe they are Masons too.

Wow. My cats and me are masons and we never knew......today on Oprah!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I hate Oprah. I have banned her from my household! ..

I also tried to get my cat to do some of the signals and had to find a bandaid.. at least I know hes not a Mason like your cats.. bet they have their own kitty lodge and everything.

However...

To test this video..

I am going to walk into lodge and give the "sign of horror" real dramatic and fall to the ground, then even more dramatically so, give the "sign of sympathy" and if its awkward silence, a quick "sign of distress" in both American and European fashion .. in case there is a European in the room. You never know where they will turn up.

Back to my beer.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
reply to post by antimacon

Sigh, why do you ignore direct questions? Who is it that has determined the meanings of these signs? Why is is they get to declare what their REAL meaning is? How do we know they are correct?

Sorry, I didn't see your question. The meaning of thses signs was deciphered by archeologists who translated the writing. Again, this is all explained on this website
www.indotalisman.com...

The Egyptologist, E.A. Wallis Budge, interprets the hieroglyph with this sign as Hen, or "praise."

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ok, that's the 4th time you've posted that site, is it your site or are you affiliated with it?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Personally all of the "signals" I've seen here are common everyday, um, not even signals, just things people do with their hands. I've done them all and I'm not a Mason. There's another hand signal I use too, usually in traffic but I can't post that. It's against the T&C.

In real life, if a freemason sees you doing these signs, he will walk up to you and give you a masonic handshake just to see if you will reciprocate. These signs are indeed common but freemasons do them CONSTANTLY. For example, putting the index near the eye but held for a minute or so then they might switch to another sign and hold that for another minute or so. The sign of praise is done constantly by them. When they talk in their masonic lodge, they are thought and obligated to constantly use these gestures. If you look at videos from politicians, this becomes very obvious.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Ok, that's the 4th time you've posted that site, is it your site or are you affiliated with it?

I am not affiliated with that website wich is not even a conspiracy website. It's just that people are asking me questions that are all answered on that website.
I have however my blog that I have mentioned and that's it and nothing is sold there.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockpuckI am going to walk into lodge and give the "sign of horror" real dramatic and fall to the ground, then even more dramatically so, give the "sign of sympathy" and if its awkward silence, a quick "sign of distress" in both American and European fashion .. in case there is a European in the room. You never know where they will turn up.

After watching the video, I read your post. I laughed so hard that I scared my dog. He's in the corner looking at me like I'm crazy. Your lodge would probably do a "sign of prayer" thinking you've been possessed.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

See, this is yet another example of a sweeping generalization fallacy.

An egyptologist finds a symbol and interprets it to mean something. He interprets that exact hieroglyph to mean something. I'm fine with that.

I am still waiting to where he said that ANY SYMBOL OR HAND SIGN WHICH LOOKS LIKE THIS ***MUST*** be a direct relationship to this hieroglyph and could NEVER possibly be someone just making a hand movement. Or that now and forever anyone who uses a sign that looks like this ***MUST*** be referring to its original meaning, even when they have no knowledge of it or probably don't even care about its original meaning, even if they happen to know. Where does he say that? I checked, didn't find it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

For example, putting the index near the eye but held for a minute or so then they might switch to another sign and hold that for another minute or so. The sign of praise is done constantly by them.

That is the funniest thing related to Masonry I have EVER read on ATS lol.. oh man.

Its true.. I walk around staring a people with a finger to my eye.. sometimes giving a little wink, wink, nudge nudge, no not a Mason...

The sometimes if no one answers I could start walking around like a duck making quacking noises, and if I hear one in response I will know I found a brother Mason! .. All those crazy people talking to them selves, making weird noises and signals.. they are not crazy.. they are Masons doing modes of recognition!

When they talk in their masonic lodge, they are thought and obligated to constantly use these gestures. If you look at videos from politicians, this becomes very obvious.

Indeed, when ever a politician holds a finger to his eye for extended amounts of time, not only should you be concerned about his personality, but also that hes a Mason..

Ah.. your a funny guy anti-macon.

What is a Macon by the way? .. May-kon? .. I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You have to approach this with the mindset that they may not be completely aware of what they're actually doing, or maybe know all too well but think commoners like us would never imagine they'd be into something like that. The rift is created by a knowledge of symbolism, and a complete lack of knowledge. Would you say your actions are not symbolic? Your decisions, the path you wish to take, and the things you create are all symbolism, whether you know it or not. People like to think they are above an ego but the truth is they are just not aware of the effect their negative side is producing. People who have been in 'the craft' know exactly what they're doing and why. They just have deeper knowledge of it... You can't assume these guys are just sticks in the mud, regular joes who drink beer and watch football between press conferences.

Make sure you put things in context or people simply won't believe you, due to your misjudging of peoples' awareness.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalgaze

No, I would disagree - most things are only symbolic because they want to perceive symbolism. For example, there is a symbolic reason as to why in the lodge the WM sits in the east - yes, this is true. But I am sure the brethren would agree that there is no symbolism on whether the WM seat is wood or has a blue cushion. None, what so ever. Now you could try to put symbolism on it - sure, but it doesn't mean its actually there.

Of course, I still am waiting for someone to answer this question:

Who has decided that ANY SYMBOL OR HAND SIGN WHICH LOOKS LIKE "X" ***MUST*** be a direct relationship to some ancient carving and could NEVER possibly be someone just making a hand movement. Or that now and forever anyone who uses a sign that looks like "X" ***MUST*** be referring to this "ancient" meaning, even when they have no knowledge of it or probably don't even care about its original meaning, even if they happen to know.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If you want a real resource of occult hand signs and symbols, read Jim Marrs' book "Codex Magicka". It is an amazing book.

To the OP:

While I do believe in these hand signals and such, the blog you provided a link to claims everything from pointing one's index finger to adjusting one's glasses is an occult sign. It even claimed that a close-up face portrait picture is somehow an occult/Masonic symbol.

However, keeping an open mind, I would REALLY like to run this by Jim Marrs and see what he thinks because he knows more than anyone else I can think of when it comes to this subject.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antimacon
I have however my blog that I have mentioned and that's it and nothing is sold there.

Oh my I hope your blog is filled with more accurate and factual info than you posted here.

As to what "Macon" is I think, but may be wrong is that it's French. It is believed that the word Freemason may have come from "Frere Macon" which is French for Brother Mason.

On the other hand he might just be a poor speller .

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Oh and please respond to my point about the video coming from Tracy not a FREEMASON as you stated.

Sincerely
Cory

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
... read Jim Marrs' book "Codex Magicka". It is an amazing book.

Small correction here. Codex Magica is written by Texe Marrs, NOT Jim Marrs. One is a fundamentalist nut job, the other a respected conspiracy researcher who is currently writing a book for ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
dbl post.

sorry

(This seems to happen when I open MyATS in another firefox tab while my freshly written post is loading.)

[edit on 15/12/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
If you want a real resource of occult hand signs and symbols, read Jim Marrs' book "Codex Magicka". It is an amazing book.

To the OP:

While I do believe in these hand signals and such, the blog you provided a link to claims everything from pointing one's index finger to adjusting one's glasses is an occult sign. It even claimed that a close-up face portrait picture is somehow an occult/Masonic symbol.

However, keeping an open mind, I would REALLY like to run this by Jim Marrs and see what he thinks because he knows more than anyone else I can think of when it comes to this subject.

My blog www.waitingtorot.blogspot.com...
is based on the German book Freimaurersignale in der Presse. This book describes 12 signs:

1 pointing of the index finger in a photograph (the index near the eyes and near the mouth are distinct masonic signs. Pointing the index straight at the camera, is also a sign seen often in newwspapers.
2 the ubiquitous ok sign
3 making the fist
4 making a pyramid with the forearms
5 the hand in play (holding an invisible ball with one or both hands) very common
6 the hand on the heart for no explained reason (like oath swearing etc)
7 masonic handshake (the thumb is seen turned downward and pressing the other person's knuckle)
8 eyes looking up for no explained reason (imitation of pictures of Jesus on the cross)
9 looking above the glasses in a picture
10 touching the glasses in a picture
11 hands on the nectie in a picture (distress signal)
12 hands on the neck (distress signal)

Texxe Marrs is aware of the author of this book,, Johannes Rothkranz , because he gives him credits in codex magica as an expert on signs. The problem with codex magica is that this book manages to miss the most common signs while focusing on some other rarely seen signs and ridiculus stuff like neckties or finger rings. Freimauresignale in der Presse is widely available on emule for evaluation but also sold online BTW.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

I've never heard of that book, but I can a couple of suggestions where one can study authentic occult gestures and postures. "The Golden Dawn" by Israel Regardie, "Magick In Theory and Practice" by Aleister Crowley, "The Magick of Thelema" by Lon Milo Duquette, and "Modern Magick" by Donald Michael Kraig are excellent resources for that sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antimacon
In real life, if a freemason sees you doing these signs, he will walk up to you and give you a masonic handshake just to see if you will reciprocate. These signs are indeed common but freemasons do them CONSTANTLY. For example, putting the index near the eye but held for a minute or so then they might switch to another sign and hold that for another minute or so. The sign of praise is done constantly by them. When they talk in their masonic lodge, they are thought and obligated to constantly use these gestures. If you look at videos from politicians, this becomes very obvious.

There are six complete inaccuracies in this paragraph. You obviously have absolutely no idea about what a freemason does with the signs and symbols. My advice to you would be (a) extend your research somehow to include more reliable sources and (b) don't post information as FACT when it is OPINION.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant