It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (In Theaters, May 1 2009)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Official Synopsis from 20th Century Fox X-Men Origins: Wolverine is set to star Jackman and will be directed by Gavin Hood (Tsotsi, Rendition). The producers are Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter (who produced all three previous “X-Men” films), along with Jackman and his Seed Prods. producing partner, John Palermo. The film will be executive produced by Marvel Films’ Kevin Feige.

Leading up to the events of X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine – written by David Benioff (The Kite Runner, Troy) – tells the story of Wolverine’s epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

This prequel to the X-Men movies will star Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and will be directed by Gavin Hood.

There are a lot of crazy rumors flying about this movie. Many Marvel heroes from Deadpool to Gambit have been rumored to be in this film. So far the only villain confirmed is Sabertooth. Via his MySpace, Tyler Mane has already stated that he will not be in the film.

Stay tuned for more news as it flows in.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sweeeeeet! About time too. Here's hoping it's as dark as the original comics.

Not sure where the other mutants come in... but I haven't read all the origin comics either. Hopefully they aren't just bringing in familiar faces to attract more viewers. This is supposed to be about Wolverine.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Not sure where the other mutants come in... but I haven't read all the origin comics either.

The movie isn't based on the origin books, just based in the existing movie continuity. That being said, they could fit all kinds of Marvel's mutants into the film. Striker (from X2) could also be in it.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hmm, will I see this movie?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by Kruel
Not sure where the other mutants come in... but I haven't read all the origin comics either.

The movie isn't based on the origin books, just based in the existing movie continuity. That being said, they could fit all kinds of Marvel's mutants into the film. Striker (from X2) could also be in it.

Awww dude.... that's no good.

Guess I'll just wait and see what others say about it... maybe DL a torrent. *cough* I mean rent the dvd.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
DEADPOOL!
my favorite merc with a mouth!

wait... they better not screw him up.. i mean, making wolverine a foot taller and infinitely less hairy than he should be is one thing... but to mess with deadpool..
he better break that fourth wall repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Get Ryan Reynolds to make a cameo as Wade Wilson in Wolverine and then have him reprise the role in a Deadpool movie.

Solid

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why the orgins? we saw that in the X-men really, we don't need to see it again, we need good badies action and an okay story. But if the origins are done like Batman Begins you will find a fuller story but hope it's not all in the past.
It will either be great or end up like Electra, but I thought that was quite good anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wolverine Starts Filming in Three Weeks

Jackman has three weeks off before starting work in New Zealand on the X-Men spin-off Wolverine.

Yet no word on who is playing Sabertooth yet...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wolverine is one of my favorite X-Men and I will be seeing this movie when it come out in theaters... Anyone know anything about the Magneto movie?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Anyone know anything about the Magneto movie?

Pretty much nothing going on there. All I've heard is that David Goyer is writing/directing.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hugh Jackman is bulking up like mad for this movie. Of coarse he needs to look as fit as he did in the X-Men films, but for the solo Wolverine movie is going over the top.
In the X-Men film's we weight trained , beefing up to 180 lbs. For Wolverine he is aiming for 220 lbs.

www.moviehole.net...

[edit on 24/12/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Gambit in the Wolverine Movie!

There have been rumors circulating the net for a long time now of Remy (Gambit) LeBeau having an appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Now it looks the rumor has been confirmed and Bailey Chase is in talks to play him.
thebraxcave.com...

Seems like decent enough casting, but I've never seen anything with Bailey Chase in it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Im excited about this. I think Jackman plays a great wolverine.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

making wolverine a foot taller and infinitely less hairy than he should be

I definitely missed the comments concerning his stature which IMO was a huge part of who he is…It was a major subtractor from his personna in the films..

top topics

join