It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because I was not a terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Following World War II, the Rev. Martin Niemoeller, who had been imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp, wrote the following:

“When the Nazis arrested the Communists, I said nothing; after all, I was not a Communist. [visit link for the rest]

I thought some NWO nuts might like. Don't wait till it's to late. If you illegally downloaded MP3's you are a terrorist. If you ever Googled anything you are a terrorist(or as the President would say "if you have ever used the Google") you might be a terrorist. Sooner than later you are going to be a terrorist so I guess I will see you in a F.E.M.A. camp before it all over with.

Beaver County Times news story

Mod Edit: Quoting/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/13/2007 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This concept that that man is trying to allow to perpetuate is a unified hatred of both the current administration and the efforts to preempt terrorist activity. What they don't seem to comprehend is the possible ramifications for their activity, in opposing the main forms of stopping terrorists either prior to planning, or during the planning of a potential threat to the United States.

It's not at all about terrorists, the War in Iraq/Afghanistan or genuine displeasure at the strategy of preemption. It's about a dislike of the President and his political party.

What we need to come to terms with is the very real threat of a nuclear weapon falling into the hands of those who would do us harm.

Thus, it is quite clear to an individual such as myself, that the ideaology of the means to achieve an action is justified by the results of the action, or the consequences avoided were the action in absense.

In short, the ends justify the means.

The ends-Avoiding the detonation of a nuclear weapon/biological weapon/etc in a likely population center (DC, New York City, Chicago, Las Vegas, LA, etc.) is more than enough to justify the means, tapping phones, tracking sales records, or otherwise).

What individuals who are against these preventative measures don't seem to comprehend is what the repercussions on the US of a massive loss of life in a US population center.

Wars empirically retaliate, US citizens will have an outcry for retaliation to whomever they imagined committed the atrocity. Following an immediate withdrawal of the US from the Iraq/Afghanistan, most of the Middle East will be turned to glass. China will likely declare war, the US economy will become unstable, widescale panic will surely follow within America, including a massive slaughter of the Arab population across the US. China or Russia or both will seize the opportunity to attack, and the United States could be reduced to anarachy in a matter of weeks.

All because the naive and hate-filled populace is against the administration, just because.

Let them check my history, if it means stopping a major atrocity from transpiring, I am all for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't think preventing terrorism is a joke. I just think the gray area and vague description of defining who a terrorist is scary. If I want to vote for Ron Paul, Google Ed and Elane Brown's website, send an e-mail to Alex Jones, or join a peaceful protest on the streets of NY to support the 911 Truth Movement I would like to do so without the government watching me like a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zizek

Then I guess you will be the first one to line up for a communist state? Let the government run everything in our lives so that way we don't have to worry about 'terrorists' coming and getting us. The sad thing is that it is people that have your view that is sitting idly by while the very foundation that this country was built around is dismantled. And when you laugh at my 'communist' statement you need to really think about what is going on.

The snooping into private citizens business is NOT only about preventing terrorism. It's about control. They want to know everything about everyone so they can stamp out any opposition to their destroying of the constitution. Many people in power do not LIKE our constitution. They even think of it as a terrorist document because it gives us rights to fight back and remove a corrupt government.

However, from what you are saying, you don't mind corruption in government. How many lies will you sit back and swallow from this government? Lies that are used to start wars. If our 'intelligence' community could be SO WRONG on Iraq and Iran then what is to make you think they will be right about you? How many people have been shipped out of this country now under this 'preventive terrorism' program with all of their rights stripped away? What if that was you?

You will undoubtedly say, "But I don't care if they look at my history". Well, WHAT IF THEY MAKE A MISTAKE? It won't matter. Once you are under international jurisdiction you are no longer an American citizen with civil rights. You are a suspect that can be tortured and treated inhumanely.

But we don't do that? (We being our government) Well, if you believe that then you have a VERY rude awakening coming your way one day. One day when you or someone you know and love end up in a FEMA camp.

Good luck with your blind loyalty. Just so you know, it is NOT Patriotic to be blindly loyal to this government. It is Patriotic to question their actions.

Oops, you can't even do that now without running the risk of having all of your personally property stripped from you. That's straight from our valiant leaders mouth. His personal declaration that is now pretty much a law. No questions on their actions or you run that risk.

So maybe blind loyalty and sheeple attitudes is the best path to follow.

Again, good luck my friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zizek
This concept that that man is trying to allow to perpetuate is a unified hatred of both the current administration and the efforts to preempt terrorist activity.

I don't hate anyone. I just hope the preemptive terrorist activity you are talking about isn't another False Flag Operation.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Personally I would rather have my liberties to be where I want when I want than to have a little added security

I have said it before and I will say it again when your number is up your number is up and no amount of added security is going to stop you from dieing if your time has come..

as it stands now the terrorists are winning as they are taking away the American lifestyle as we speak with every added measure of security we become less and less like the country we once were.. and this is more of a threat to national security than anything else after all who is going to fight for something that no longer exists..

Respectfully
GEO

top topics

join