It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitchell Report out today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
with this list out and more to come, along with the finger pointing, blaming of others etc I would expect to see a nice decline in production numbers over the next few years. Guys are going to be far more cautious with what they do to get the extra oomph they need.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Who did Brett Boone grease to stay off this list?

Seriously...

After all this, I think it would be hilarious if Ichiro showed up at spring training as 290 lbs of PURE MUSCLE.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It looks like these are all from the same dealer.

I just dont want to see piazza, thats it.

There are alot of all-stars on this list. YOU COULD HAVE A NICE ALLSTAR TEAM.

But, at least no Jeter, no Arod, no Pujols.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
But, at least no Jeter, no Arod, no Pujols.

Yet.

not saying they're going to be named at some point but, rather, we should expect to learn the names of many more players that were involved as this unravells. Kind of like how Palmeiro blamed Tejada when he got caught and then we learn they both were taking. This is being declared as bad as the Black Sox Scandal with regards to baseball's public image. All those players that lied to Congress, lied to reporters, lied to their fans. It's a shame.

Anyone wonder if one factor for Torre fleeing the Yankees was to avoid being seen as the manager who ignored all the steroid use in his clubhouse while his team steamrolled thru the opposition?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

This looks like a pretty thruough investigation (at 410 Pages, i hope there would be some good info). This is the most damming of any damnation in sports history in my life.

How much booing in the MLB is there going to be next year. Look at some of the big signing of the past month, there are the names on this list.

Are there going to be lawsuits against players?
Are contract going to be bought out?
Charges from the comishiner?

Bouns though, each player can now wirte a book about it and try to get some money (Canseco has been pulling this one for a fewy years now).

Anyway, this is just the begening, and its over 400 pages, this is going to take some time to sort out...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
over on the Mets forum they're joking around about filing a class action suit against the Yankees. Think about it. you pay $250 to go see the game and the other team cheats. Your money was wasted. they're kidding but the idea of fans and ticket holders suing is not out of the question.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Roger's already got his high powered attorney, Rusty Hardin, spinning for him.
Poor Roger, there must be a conspiracy against him.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
at least Pettite had the good sense to say nothing, at the advice of his agent. Clemens denying it is complete nonsense. He's now saying that the trainer who injected him is lying. As I said, the fallout will make for great entertainment.

There was a rumor that Clemens tested positive the year he retired from the Yankees and he made a deal with the league to avoid his public outing along with more bad press for the league (major star testing positive is far worse than some lesser known player). The rumor was that he sat out the first half (6 month suspension) rather than sign with the Astros and then get suspended. Thus he waited until after the All Star break to sign with them.

Makes sense now.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just heard Clemens started using steriods in 1998. He started the season 5-6, then after that he went 15-0. :shk:

JbT

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Canseco is saying A-Rod got off the hook.
www.fannation.com...

Report: Bonds admitted steroid use Canseco: A-Rod got off hook
Posted: Friday December 14, 2007 06:52AM ET
More than 80 players were named in one capacity or another in the Mitchell Report, but Jose Canseco was certain there would be at least one more name in the document: Alex Rodriguez. Canseco, who was one of the players named by Sen. George Mitchell in the report, told the Fox Business Channel he was surprised not to see A-Rod's name in the report. "All I can say is the Mitchell Report is incomplete," Canseco said. "I could not believe that (Rodriguez's) name was not in the report."

Regardless of Canseco's claims, I too feel the list is incomplete. In fact, didnt Mitchell himself state that this was just quote: "Scratching the surface".

This will get worse, before it gets better.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by JbT]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
yeah, this will get worse. far worse. Clemens denials are a joke and it seems many reporters are referring to the Mitchell Report as The Clemens Report. His reputation is destroyed. It should be. They should all be banned from sports. Make an example of them all and ban them from Cooperstown. Then order an immediate ban on any who tests positive going forward.

The game will return to its former way. Guys will lead the league with 35 home runs, 50 will be an amazing accomplishment and Maris' record and Aaron's record will still be the golden crowns they once were.

JbT

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrakeurThe game will return to its former way. Guys will lead the league with 35 home runs, 50 will be an amazing accomplishment and Maris' record and Aaron's record will still be the golden crowns they once were.

Ahmen.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So now we get the outright denials from guys like Clemens, we have Pettite admitting to using HGH on doctor's orders and the Cabrera defense (my personal favorite).

these guys all got busted and, in some cases, they lied about their usage repeatedly (Clemens) and in other cases they were linked to steroids and denied them and now they need to save face. They all need to do whatever they can to salvage careers, reputations etc. It's sad and comical.

Clemens says he never took them and his former trainer, who he praised for years, is a liar. Then his close bud, who also trains with Mac, comes out and says he did use HGH but a doctor suggested it. So now Mac looks like he might not be lying. Clemens has one course of action after opening his mouth. Sue for libel and defamation of character. Let the courts sift thru it all. He won't do it because he's guilty and everyone knows it, just like everyone knows that doctors only prescribe HGH for dwarfism and AIDS and Pettite is neither a dwarf or an AIDS patient.

All the lies, the denials, the invented excuses in the world don't hold a candle to Alex Cabrera's most recent statement.

Cabrera was with the Diamond Backs when a box was found in the clubhouse. The box contained a ton of diet pills and steroids. The box was sent to the commissioner's office by Garagiola, then the GM of the D'Backs. The substances were tested and the results were Stanozol and diet pills. the results came back after Cabrera had been sold to the Seibu Lions.

So what does Cabrera do when he finds his name in the Mitchell Report? He says "I couldn't have used the substances that are identified,I never had possession of the alleged box that supposedly contained the pharmaceutical drugs."

Of all the denials and excuses so far, this one is definitely the only one that somehow makes sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Canseco is saying A-Rod got off the hook.

Have you seen the interview that A-Rod did with Katie Couric?

She asks him if he's ever done steroids before and he says no...then his lower lip spasms involuntarily.

Now I'm not a trained interrogator, but don't involuntary face spasms while making a statement mean: I'M A LIAR I'M A LIAR I'M A LIAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Essedarius

It could mean, "Katie, you hot little muffin, you make me quiver." But in this case, I'm going with "liar".

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Touche.

I forgot to add in the hot muffin factor.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
everyone knows that doctors only prescribe HGH for dwarfism and AIDS and Pettite is neither a dwarf or an AIDS patient.

At least when the Yankess start loading up with dwarf Haitian male prostitutes, we'll know the deal.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

More players are using the "healing from an injury" excuse.

Mike Lupica (Daily News) brought up the key issue with that excuse. The only doctors willing to write these prescriptions are those that want to lose their license or those that practice online, in conjunction with online pharmacies.

He made the very valid point that, if HGH were a remedy that doctors would normally prescribe, the folks using this excuse would have gone to the team physician for the drugs, not an online doctor. They would have purchased the HGH thru a real pharmacy, not thru a trainer or the internet.

The excuse these guys are using is pathetic but it seems to be the only recourse. I do love the follow up they all toss out there. I used it to heal BUT I never used steroids.

sure, you also said you never used HGH.

liars.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well sure they'll cheat, but I guess we're supposed to believe they wouldn't lie.

"Yes I'm a big cheating cheater who knew and willfully flauted the rules. But I wouldn't lie".

[edit on 12/18/2007 by yeahright]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join