It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead teen refused hijab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Dead teen refused hijab

www.cnn.com

Aqsa Parvez would leave home each morning wearing track pants and a Muslim head scarf. Once the 16-year-old got to school, she would remove the scarf and change into close-fitting jeans.

But, her friends said, her parents got wind of what she was doing. Parvez soon began showing up at school with bruises on her arms.

It was a struggle that may have led to Parvez' death this week at the hands of her father, who was denied bail Wednesday after being charged with strangling her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.therecord.com
www.canada.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Teenage Musmlim Gets Beaten For Not Wanting To Wear Hijab

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The story goes on to say that her father called emergency services and the girl died at the hospital. It also goes on to say that the reasons behind this go beyond just a hijab. I am sure that is true, I just don't see a reason in this that makes it ok for the girl to have been killed. I have heard some reports before of this happening and the killer getting off very lightly, meaning a few months in jail. I don't think Canada has a policy like that. The story also says the girl felt you could be religes and still be who you want to be. Good words, I hope they will catch on.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There is an existing news article on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-closed-

new topics

join