It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they allow sites like this to even EXIST?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, If by "they" you mean the govt. then the answer is simple.
This is a free country.
There is freedom of speech and assembly.
"They" can't just arbitrarily shut down a site becaue "They" don't like what's being said??
But, in reality, there is nothing of "real concretet significance" being disclosed on this or any other "conspiracy" forum anyway. Why would "they" care?
JMO

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

In addition, events have transpired to suggest to some that perhaps this site may even be infiltrated with active disinfo agents, and not just in the rank and file members either.

That's all I can say on that subject, those who've been effected know what I'm talking about.

This is plausible. There are disinformation agents running rampant on sites like youtube. There are plenty of agents within the 9/11 truth community as well. What intrigues me about this forum is that it IS a conspiracy site, yet there are a healthy number of members who's sole activity is to discredit/mock conspiracy subjects without providing any substance to the conversations themself. Disinfo agents? Not sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
OP, I think about it this way. Instead of hunting down all the intelligentsia who have figured out what's really going on, why not make it so that no one will listen or will want to do something about what's going on? All I see these days are people who don't believe the government could do wrong, and people who have lost all hope. Killing people is just too suspicious, not to mention slightly outdated.

As for disinfo agents? There's definitely a few both here and on every other community that wants the truth. It's up to the readers to figure out what's real or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

you've got me---------if you hadnt told me these sites existed i would never have known-----------only reason i found ats was thru listening to coast to coast am radio 1 night by "accident" and hearing about ats--------------i really have no idea what other web sites are out there if someone doesnt tell us----------who knows maybe the "aliens"have all kinds of there own sites but how are we to know???????? is there such a thing as an alien web site scanner ?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree that we are all insane. Who cares what crazy people think. What they don't know is that its the "Normal People" who are screwed up

Secrecy in Government is the Cancer that will eventually destroy us all. Be glad that not everyone is ready to roll over and accept it as the norm. Spend some time studying History and you will see why the serious people are here. If there is sensitive information here and thats a big if, the person with the problem is the person who leaked it. Not the unintentional recipient. If they go after this it just draws attention to them and proves that this stuff is real. They are not going to bother anyone for being here unless it is an employee who is in fact leaking information. The Government does not even have half the workers it would take just to research a few Boards.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
These sites are allowed to exist because in reality, people don't know the half of it. If anything here was of actual threat to "them" it would've been taken care of long ago.

Thogh some things brought up here are interesting, alot of it is just specualtion without real information.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
one thing everyone is forgetting, "THEY" are not supposed to exist to anyone except themselves, if they wanted this site shut down they would first use legal ways, only if it was a dire threat would they ever disable the website with other means, and trust me any real threats would be taken care of fast before they could cause harm, like i keep telling everyone there is nothing you will ever be able to do about it, except talk of course, so there is no point getting worked up about it

(by "they" i am not refering to the gov.)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sites like this are allowed to exist because even a bunch of crackpot conspiracy nut jobs

who smoke too much wacky tobaccy, live in our parents basements, and are hopelessly

nerdy and undersexed need a place to go online to talk and be social!!

Plus - Some of the overpaid/underpaid government agents need sites like this to troll on

and propagand-ate so to their superiors it looks like they are actually doing something in

exchange for their tax-money provided pay check!!

Hope that clears it up for everybody!!

[edit on 13-12-2007 by CyberTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
at above post,I think you hit the nail on the head there! If there are no conspiracies then ask yourself why you are on here(curiosity perhaps?)of course there are lots of mentally unstable people interested in conspiracies but there are a hell of alot of highly intelligent mentally sound people interested too.but it is a taboo subject,people are afraid of change and I daren't speak about conspiracies to any friends or family because they would think hey he's nuts
this is why i come here to read other peoples stories etc.It doesn't mean I believe everything i read but I have read enough to know that there is something very wrong with the world and more and more people are waking up o it.And who knows maybe someday someone will post good evidence on here and astound us all

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I personally do not think the Government actively employs personel to watch this site or spread disinformation. Conspiracy Therories are just that .... conjecture, what if's, and possibilities that are open for discussion. There are some interesting therories on ATS however, in my opinion there are many members on this site that are living thier lives in fear and panic because of this.

Yes, someday we will all die as that's what Nature has intended for us. The talk of the Wealthy Elite's Conspiracy taking over the World and exterminating millions of people is also a therory. Many people talk about this relentlessly but does anyone know or can comprehend how and when this will happen? Our lives here on this planet need to be enjoyed and there are millions of people working for the good of this Earth. Why are conspiracies always deemed as something negative?

I have a mysterious illness that I have had for 4 years now and have been involved in getting the CDC to investigate it. Contacting the CDC and government officials regaurding this has been only a small part of what I and others have been working on. It may have very well been developed by the US Military or our Government and this theory has been discussed at length with others infected with this illness. However I do not sit back in fear that if I raise awarness with this illness I will be "eliminated"!!!

There are many people over the internet trying to debunk the thousands of us who are suffering. A personal crusade for whatever reason? A government conspiracy to do so? Perhaps, but I don't sit in fear at home hiding behind my computer while these lay people try to debunk us. I and others are gathering proof of it's exhistance, not speculating with words. We (all suffers) have banded together to seek out medical help, media help, formed a Foundation and have enlisted scientists to help!!!! In the interim we also have become our own test animals reguarding finding a cure or at least in finding temporary relief. We have become fighters!!!!

The point of my post is do NOT live in fear if you desire change, become proactive.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Theres so much i want to add to this thread but time and space limits us, me, but the mere fact that we are talking about this "stuff" is in its self Educating .............."JFK got killied by a magic bullit' Steve Mcqueen was driveing".............

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As far as i can see, this kind of sites serves very well all the possible secret agendas!

- This is the only conspiracy debate forum i know where almoust everthing debated is "debunked as hoaxes faster then light speed.

- All the possible sources you can give are always labeled as not trustble ones!

- Any one caming to share a personal not documented experience are always labeled by the majority as hoaxers or lunatics!!

- Anytime some one trys to bring a old topic for better debate, is always labeled as "nothing new here, already debunked, please close this"!!

- And for last, the moust pathetic usual demanding here....the demanding for proofs!! This is quite insane, because if major conspiracys exist, how can a normal citizen get proofs!!!??
Any way, even if someone shows any kind of proof, it will be labeled as hoax ASAP!

So, you still do not know why the secret agencys do not bother with this kind of sites?!
The way People in ATS works always proof that conspiracys do not exist at all... so why the govr will be worried?!

[edit on 13/12/07 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Sites like this are allowed to exist in the same light as in the book and movie "1984". It's not that people are free, it's that people "think" they are free. Allowing people to "freely" express themselves on sites like this one, allows for the government (NWO) to spot those who would be leaders in any resistence, those who know too much, or understand too much. When the time comes, they round them up and take them away to the concetration camps already built in Kentucky and other places around the nation. I am afraid that it is way too late to even think of resistence or escape. That passed with the advent of the computer. They will control you all someday. They just let us do this so that we don't notice that they are making a north american union, taking down borders, and changing the world. One day, this site and others like it will be closed to all except those who will receive the microchip implant. Also a behavioral modification chip for the emotion centers of the brain placed in the frontal lobes of the forhead, so they they can teach you to love "big brother" It's all coming very soon.

Why can I say all this and they don't care....?

Because no one would ever believe it is the truth.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theory is not necessarily meant to always point out what is real, but to avoid conspiracies becoming real, to point developing conspiracies out BEFORE they become real. Believe it or not, there are people in your government who welcome sites like these because they prove that freedom of speech still exists and always will....you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cant fool all of the people all of the time...and this is why "they" will never EVER achieve full control of everything.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As one other poster eluded to, just because you all know about this site doesn't mean everyone does. Comparatively of people connected to the interweb this site is just a scratch on the surface. As I've said before many here get into the frame of mind that everyone talks about this stuff when in reality it's not that prevalent in everyday society.

That being said, most mainstreamers believe Alex Jones to be a nutjob. As for the government, they need a good laugh on boring days like everyone else. In other words I wouldn't spend too much time looking for black helicopters over my house.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think there have been some good answers so far.

I guess the 3 Amigos could provide some answers too.

Have any of them been approached by supposed covert agencies during ATS' short life to curb or limit information on any topics.??

Whether or not they can answer this truthfully is another matter all together.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
you have to know that there is all kind sof disinformation out here...
websites without any sort of credibility, the nightly news, magazines, opion papers, sold out doctors, mind-numbing pop music, toxic fast-food, its all set up so that we think we are making a difference...........but are we?
ask yourself, how many people have you reached on a personal level?....
there is a saying... it's better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness...
we are all tiny points of lights....i don't mean to sound like some optimistic dreamer but the internet is a great gift but things happen in the REAL WORLD...
anyway.. you always have to check your sources.....

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
Well, If by "they" you mean the govt. then the answer is simple.
This is a free country.
There is freedom of speech and assembly.
"They" can't just arbitrarily shut down a site becaue "They" don't like what's being said??
JMO

people would not feel so "COMFORTABLE" believing half the stuff that goes on. people can not handle the truth, especially when they are spun fairy tales since birth. the truth often becomes unbelievable . people don't understand how vast conspiracy's could come into being so they conclude that since their knowledge can't put the pieces together than it's not possible. they also believe that everyone else must have full knowlege of the cover up to become part of it, when most of the time people are just indirectly playing thier part's (like most media figures) doing what's best for them but they are part of vast interconnected structure that is self serving toward a small elite group. This world is very corrupt and messed up with power hungry corrupt individuals running most county's who are financed by those that OWN the central banks (which create the monetary policy's for all the G8 country's) . the puppets who work for them are indoctrinated as well as most CFR members who are just handpicked and like major media figures toe the line in return for big checks. the media is basically CORPORATE MARKETING but most have no other "reliable sources" of info to turn to if they are even looking for it.

lots of coverups occur throughout the world. drug trade sex trade mafia satanic ritual abuse, and on and on. people in power tend to care little about those they are preying off of (like 3'rd world country who are indebt up to there ears from the IMF and world bank loans used to pay for food and OIL , since we don't allow them to build cheap nuclear energy. (cause they will bomb us , since that would do them alot of good :p) but we believe so , we don't care to see between the lines. plus it would give us bad vibes to believe these things. lol

plus does anyone really think these days. get up shower, eat, drive to work, talk about latest tv shows and kids w/ friends over lunch break, back to work, go home watch tv or work out , hang out w/ friends repeat.
weekends get "trashed" or go shopping or watch sports.

They know that as long as we have our bread and circuses 80 percent of the people will either have other things on their mind and busy trying to pay their bills or raise their kids, those w/o time on their hands have trouble digesting all the info and most people with the time are busy playing video games and or just trying to make the most of their lives IMO.
they realize the other 20 percent will not be believed and they make up terms that are associated with knee jerk reactions (to get people to feel socially unacceptable ) to question the answers to official story's that are given

some times i am glad that the real truth of alot of things doesn't get out because i wonder if most people could handle the truth , we live in a world where most of the leaders believe they need to tell us what to believe because like sheep we need to be herded and i am afraid they are right in some cases, but not all.

ON top of that there is just so much uncertainty at least to me on so many topics that the degree to which these conspiracy's exist and sorting thru the DISINFO can be very challenging. Also, it is very rare when someone speaks up that is credible, but people who do not or won't believe something have the luxury or rationalizing to themselves any reason their creative mind can come up with in order to stay in their comfort zone.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidTheBrit0
All I see these days are people who don't believe the government could do wrong, and people who have lost all hope.

Same here. As I said, I notice an inordinate number of posters on this board who are in the 'government does no wrong' category. These are the types I am suspicious of... and I find myself asking, why are these people even HERE?

I don't believe in Unicorns but you don't see me on unicorn message boards cynically cat-calling all the unicorn fans. Know what I mean? It feels like they have an agenda. They are definitely the counter-balance to the whole conspiracy movement, but sometimes I think they are literally here on the governments behalf.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And maybe there is no rice in China. -------------PC

[edit on 13-12-2007 by pc is here]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join