It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they allow sites like this to even EXIST?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If this site discloses such sensitive information, why was it not "killed" in its infancy?

And WHY has infowars.com and raven1.net existed WITHOUT interference?

And why do the conspiracy researchers, including the bigger ones, like Alex Jones, live without hell from the government?

I'm confused. Why is this information leak not stopped?

Or maybe there is no conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a public figure at this point. Any foul play would not go unnoticed and would only validate his claims that coverups are a regular occurence.

The internet will be regulated as soon as Google buys all the major internet backbones and ISPs (already happening). For now, it is open ground and cannot be regulated. Very few politicians (Ron Paul for example) are willing to fight to keep the internet a free environment.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
its very simple really, what happens is everything around us is meant to disract us from thinking and from revolution and the truth, so alot of the stuff on this site is bs, only a few things are real conspiracies, so people are thinking alot about the wrong things, also "they" use these websites to put out false info or conspiracies to further people away from the truth, i thought it was pretty obvious

(and as for the real conspiracies, the populace would never believe you all you will ever be able to do is talk about it so have fun talking about it on the site)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
taking out everyone who writes about conspiracies will just add heat to the flames of intrigue...

if these conspiracies are indeed fact then i am sure the powers that be keep a close eye on these sites and people..

don't underestimate them, just because they can doesn't mean they will.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
But... could they have not killed Alex Jones before he became so famous?

And could they not have taken down infowars? They planned 9/11 and could not kill the disclosure in its infancy?

If infowars is killed in infancy, 200 people will know something is wrong.

Now, 80% of America heard of it; 25% believe it.

And why are we not getting crap from THEM?

And if this flow of information is classified, why are they not closing the pipes?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It is much easier to allow websites and people to talk about conspiracies and just label them nut jobs. If they went around killing websites and silencing people in public it would draw too much negative attention. Best way to keep something secret is to leave it out in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have to agree, the 911 conspiracies are outlandish and hard to swallow. I got the Admins U2u alert on this forum, I personally think it should be "Killed" but the three Amigo's are the ones in that kind of control. I really don't get to post in this particular thread on this forum, but when I seen the OP's title, "I had to look!!"

And for the rest of the arguments that have been "Debated" in the ATS forums, in honoring my true emotions and feeling's, the avatar now displayed is how I feel most of the time when reading some of the threads and posts. By the way "Thats me" and how I look when frustration sets in!!! LOL

Good thread....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Well, let's hope Google won't buy ATS!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If the government even cared about this forum, they left it here because very few of the people on here make much of an impact on the daily life of the public at large.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the truth is unbelieveable, and if people do believe it, it's so overwhelming that all they can do is talk. That doesn't mean people will listen. Things have changed since the good old days. We're overloaded with information, therefore nobody can make any rational decision about anything. They just dredge on the path that they were frorced into because they don't have confidence in thinkig for themselves, and those who say they are such fee thinkers and free oh so free, who's feet did you have to kiss to get that way? somebody's. Either that, or your defenition of freedom is flawed,

Believe me, there is a HUGE conspiracy. if there wasn't a conspiracy, why are there so many people that think there is?

And why are there so many people who do their best to make those people look bad?

And why can't 99.999999% of all people, including people on this site develop their very own viewpoint of this world? Is that so bad? to be living in your very own "universe"? Why do we feel the need to shun people who make our view feel a little uncomfortable?

Why do we feel the need to force people into conformity with the workings of our "normal" society? What the hell is normal about it?]
What the hell is normal?
What ISN'T a conspiracy? is what you should be asking yourself.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
the truth is unbelieveable, and if people do believe it, it's so overwhelming that all they can do is talk. That doesn't mean people will listen. Things have changed since the good old days. We're overloaded with information, therefore nobody can make any rational decision about anything.

This is SO true. Things are not just politically correct anymore - they are adversely paranoid in every direction. It makes the task of 'convincing' others that there are enormous lies being concealed from them that much harder. It upsets them, it insults their intelligence (rightly so ) and it becomes a matter of pride and ego - before you know it, the populace is arguing amongst itself instead of confronting those responsible for said conspiracies. This is most likely why the 'fringe' of the populace is not yet a target for censorship. It won't be long though...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Very simply, we aren't credible. The government doesn't even have to do anything to make us appear to lack credibility. It's a public Internet site that anyone can join. It isn't a peer-reviewed scholarly journal. There are no checks and balances. Anyone can come here and speculate. Look at some of the posts from people saying they are aliens. Anything is possible, but I have the feeling they aren't aliens. With posts like that mixed in with actual good research, the public has already dismissed the site as a marginal place for nut-jobs to come hang out at.

Let's say I was a government employee who worked on an alien spaceship, for real. I decide I want to tell the world. The media will ignore me. I might get on some Discovery Channel Documentary that no one takes seriously. I can post on this site, and still the public won't believe. And everything I'm saying could be true.

Maybe the real conspiracy is that the government underwent a campaign to make people who believe in the stuff on sites like this to be loony (a cultural norm modification operation spanning decades), so that the public would dismiss them every time. Then the government wouldn't have to run around shutting down sites, which would make people more suspicious of them then if they just laughed at it.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Because of what info is presented here on ATS is so ridiculously small that they don't even care.

They really don't care unless you find a 100% proof in here how they will reduce 3/4 population for example.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Well? watch soaps or post on or reply to post on sites like this, you tube anyone

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you really think that Alex Jones or infowars is disclosing something important...lol...you're on the wrong track.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If they shut these sites down and made the talkers disappear then they wouldn't have a clue as to what we are thinking or planning.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There is alot of false information on this site that mix with the real stuff, so people cannot tell what is true and what is not.

Also, if someone came here with documents that are 100% authentic proving some conspiracy with no doubt (which i don't see happening) then the site will be "brought down for copyright issues" or something similar and the website's owner(s) will disappear (God forbid)

why am I so negative

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Links have been posted here disclosing sensitive information that suddenly disappear after receiving, perhaps, thousands of hits from ATS members.

It's been documented, it's true.

In addition, events have transpired to suggest to some that perhaps this site may even be infiltrated with active disinfo agents, and not just in the rank and file members either.

That's all I can say on that subject, those who've been effected know what I'm talking about.

Many of the subjects discussed on this site have been discredited for some time by the mainstream as being laughable, so why would the PTB worry about that?

Their "fix" is already in the bag.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is the case; but a very clever Government would create sites like this to keep track of malcontents, wack jobs, wingnuts,
and crazies.

Paranoia strikes deep does it not?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
who said that???

this place can drive you crazy with all the conspiracies within conspiracies!

>>

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join