It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: 'How Bush Became a Government Unto Himself'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Oh please, are people still going to crap on about how much better kerry would have been? the guy was a joke and actually a lot scarier to my view of freedom *at the time* than bush was. I wasn't thrilled with bush's religion leanings and his commitment to them, but thats the hazard of American politics for a LONG time now. we went form picking people who were good strong leaders to trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

I mean seriously, look at the last election, you had bush with his platform, then you had whatever that other joker was and his main platform wasn't much more than "Well, I'm not George Bush, hyuck hyuck yuck".. and the worst part, the amount of zombified democrap head-nodders out there actually voted for this waste of protoplasm. I can't say I was any lover of GWB at that point but he was a damn sight better than his opponent.

I think a lot of the problems we've been having these past 10+ years are actually the fault of the democrats. Yes, I said it and you can howl as much as you want but its true. Lets look at the actions of both groups. If you see a democrat or liberal who is against something, they mostly feel free to make a testicle of them self in public (no, not spectacle, I think my word was better) and become a general mockery of their personal platform. I'm sorry but I can't take these peopel seriously anymore, and this is who you have representing you?

it gets to the point of the boy who cried wolf. If you act like a howler monkey with an erection and a meth habit whenever something comes up, no one will listen to you for long and quickly, not at all. your credibility is shot and in short order, you come off as picking on a person which will swing this generally egalitarian society to actually favor Bush in ways.

but, democrats in recent history have usually been pretty short sighted in that manner. I'm pretty neutral as far as my politics, at best you can call me a libertarian. Its hard to vote or listen to a democrat any more these days. I've come across a significantly larger percentage of "them" vs republicans who come off as wholly ignorant of the whole government process in general, and how elections work specifically. it all adds up to "that person you don't want to deal with".

but its hard on democrats and liberals in general. seems if you have any alternative or independent runners in an election, they mostly get their votes from the democrat sect. In general it weakens the democrat vote.

what does it all mean, until we as a people can get ourselves organized, our political system will be just one big feces sandwich and we're all going ot have to take a bite. its not governments fault or problem, its not anyone else's problem or fault.. its solely our own, and we're the only ones that can change it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Its call executive orders and he does what he wants.

If you don't like how he executes, what are you going to do.

#1) Yes, a "signing statement" IS a form of an Executive Order. He CAN write anything he wants in a "signing statement", but that doesn't mean it can't be overruled by Congress or the Supreme Court.

#2) What kind of question is that, of course there isn't much just any citizen can do, but there are things that Congress and the Supreme Court can do:

What can Congress do?
THIS NATION.com

If Congress does not like what the executive branch is doing, it has two main options. First, it may rewrite or amend a previous law, or spell it out in greater detail how the Executive Branch must act. Of course, the President has the right to veto the bill if he disagrees with it, so, in practice, a 2/3 majority if often required to override an Executive Order.

If Congress could just get its act together, they COULD at least change the bill/law back into exactly what they wanted in the first place.

What can the Supreme Court do?

Executive Orders can be challenged in court, usually on the grounds that the Order deviates from "congressional intent" or exceeds the President's constitutional powers.

I'm just starting to get the feeling that our politicians in D.C. really just don't care about most things anymore, the only thing they seem to worry about is not rocking the boat to much, in regards to there "peers", and being re-elected.

[edit on 14/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

i can see your point of view, and honestly thats one thing that scares me about hitlery becoming president. im not against a woman as pres, but i am VERY against THAT woman as pres.

first, she was essentially the "co-president" with slick willy so she's had her shot.
nextly, im paranoid that if she's in office the 2nd ammendment is out the window and lets fact it, that one protects the rest of them
lastly, by the time W is out of office, our last 20 years, the whitehouse will have been occupied by either a bush or a clinton. do we REALLY want american presidents to essentially be hereditary office holders? i mean it would start to seem like family monarchies adn im not so keen on that.

but, i must say that im all but positive that unless W offers osama up on a pike 2 days before the election, our next president WILL be a democrat. please god anyone but hitlery

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
reply to post by Damocles

1.) It's 9:26AM on the east coast and so far, no black helicopters. ('
')

2.) Ah yes, the C64.....('
')

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Comma8Comma1]

Very cool - I grew up with the "commie" (Commodore 64 computer) and still use it through emulation

With regard to the topic, AGAIN I try to guess what the military is thinking with regard to the present and future condition of the U.S. government leadership and policy. The growing concern on behalf of most Americans is that the government is now (almost) totally ignorant of the will of the people. To me, this means that our only hope is military intervention on behalf of the people. Is this right or wrong?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
I can't say I was any lover of GWB at that point but he was a damn sight better than his opponent.

No. He wasn't.

I love how Republicans are still incapable of admitting that Bush is a FAILURE. I can admit that Kerry would have screwed us over and that he belongs to the same cabal that runs this nation: but honestly, people defend Bush for no good reason whatsoever.

By the way: you should read the last page and the excellent posts explaining why it's ridiculous to side with republicans or democrats at this point. Your democrat bashing and finger-pointing is nothing short of frustrating to read in a thread that's already made so much progress. No offense.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I love how Republicans are still incapable of admitting that Bush is a FAILURE.

The Bush administration is far from a failure.

Under the neo-con regime, the Office has succeeded monumentally in pushing forward the long standing agenda of Corporate interest in undermining the wide array of safeguards that were put in place to keep the ultra-elites in check while simultaneously doing more to dis-empower and victimize the public than any other leader in US history.

Give credit where credit is due, dude!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
So you can state that Kerry would've Lied about .......

:shk:

I can state that Kerry would have lied about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that he wanted to.

WINTER SOLDIER ring a bell? The creep should be in prison.

How about that FAKE home-movie footage of him in vietnam? He got himself all dressed up in a combat uniform (and got the uniform wrong) and went tromping around and got one of his buddies to film him on 'home movies'.

Since he tried and failed to get deferment he managed to get his three scratches to get three Purple Hearts to get out of Vietnam. Oh ... and one of them was his own darn fault - he frag'd himself by sending a grenade too close and he blew a pellet of rice from a rice patty into his butt.

He claims he has disclosed ALL his military records - but he hasn't. His discharge wasn't originally 'honorable' - or else he would have disclosed it.

And we have the 'I voted for that before I voted against it' - misleading statements (and that's polite).

He claims that he's in DC doing the business of the people of Mass. but in reality he didn't show up %70 of the time.

Christmas in Cambodia?? "Seared into his memory"??? He wasn't freak'n there!

His ILLEGAL and TREASONOUS meetings in FRANCE with the enemy in which America was fighting .. having unauthorized 'peace talks' which even John McCain said caused trouble for him and other honorable Americans who were in Vietnam.

ETC ETC

"Winter Soldier" alone tells us the guy is an anti-American liar. Kerry's LONG history of lies after lies ... all to further his own station in life and all against innocent Americans tells us this is his M.O.

And a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
How about skipping all the unproductive partisan bias wanking?

They want you to fight over this being Bush's fault and/or if Gore or Kerry would have been any less evil so they can distract you from the fact that none of these statements are being reversed and that the power to make them isn't being limited.

Deny bias, deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Are we, the "fringe", at last becoming more powerful? Is MSM starting to pay attention? Ask the hard questions? Dig for the truth?

So it would seem. Not all of them, and not with the speed we would want, but it does seem to be happening.

Maybe there is yet hope.

this has been going on for quite awhile

the gov't watches and studies us ATSers more than anyone else id guess, because we are free thinkers, and are capable of feats none of the sheep could dream of

ever had a great idea, and within 6months it became standard operating procedure for the mainstream?

i would suggest its because they Stole the idea from us in the first place
since we are actually the smartest group on earth

just a hypothesis

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
george lucas must have been on to something in star wars episode 3:

MACE: The Senate will decide your fate.

PALPATINE: (with anger) I am the Senate!

[edit on 17-12-2007 by curiousbeliever]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join