It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headline: Mystery Beast Kills Animals in NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Headline: Mystery Beast Kills Animals in SC

www.nytimes.com

BOLIVIA, N.C. (AP) -- An unknown predator mauled a pit bull and killed two puppies in Brunswick County, and residents fear it's the same animal that killed three dogs in September. No one has reported ever seeing the animal.

The county's animal control agency investigated the animal's tracks, droppings and other clues but couldn't determine what attacked the dogs. Locals call the unknown animal the Beast of Bolivia.

Some residents and experts said the predator may be a bear, a wayward panther.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[edit on 12-12-2007 by OutShine]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is the AP posting.

Let me be clear: I'm just letting you all know about this, especially because it was on the New York Times page, which is unusual.

I have no idea what its about, and have too many exams to theorize.

It is interesting that there seems to be a fair amount of physical evidence (droppings, tracks), but very little by way of official opinion.

Love to hear what you all think though.

There is more at the additional link, but the site is cluttered, so do a Ctrl-F for "Beast."

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
For some reason, I can't get the additional link function to work properly. Sorry about that--as you can see, I am new here.

Anyway, here's the additional link, which is to the StarNews Online, "the voice of Southeastern North Carolina"

Again, the page is cluttered. Just search for "Beast" and you'll find a bunch of articles.

www.starnewsonline.com...

It's probably insignificant, but I noticed that the AP headline sites South Carolina (hence my edits), whereas the story takes place in NC.

Enjoy. Let me know what you think.

M

join