It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My polaroid Ghost Picture.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have two of these. this is the first of them. where you can clealy see the ghost in front of me while I blow out the candle. they're original polaroids.

QuickImageHosting.com...

The picture was taken in 1990 or so and that's the best scan I can come up with right now. but If you look at it with a lens you can see the face and body on the shape. Some will say it's smoke, but if that's so, why isn't the smoke moving around when I blow the candles. give me your theories. And it's too solid to be smoke.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Looks like it certainly could be smoke, and polaroids always have the crappiest resolutions. They also tend to distort light and a lot of other things. I say it's pretty much inconclusive, but I'm leaning towards an affect created by the smoke.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's the other pic, but you can barely see it. Under the first one.

QuickImageHosting.com...

Sorry, will try to get a larger scan next year.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
[

Looks like it certainly could be smoke, and polaroids always have the crappiest resolutions. They also tend to distort light and a lot of other things. I say it's pretty much inconclusive, but I'm leaning towards an affect created by the smoke.

but there was no smoke anywhere. Plus when you see this on with a magnifying glass you can clearly see it as solid. and look at the other picture below. and I have other polaroids where this effect has never been see during candles. so how do we explain that?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Is that a tissue?
It looks like a tissue to me.
So this tissue ghost decides it likes having it's picture taken and hangs around for another shot with the family?
I liked your hot dog in the microwave thread better.
Thats definately a tissue.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Is that a tissue?
It looks like a tissue to me.

Hi Boba, yeah I know the hotdog thread is better.

But i've talked about having these two pics in my boxes. thing is, there was nothing there when I was blowing the candle. and yes it looks like a tissue, fabric or other stuff. but I assure you it was not there. I wish you could see the detail in the shape.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by jedimiller]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
maybe you can see it better here.

QuickImageHosting.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Looks like gift wrap. And yeah, there is smoke, the cig.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi jedi,
I tried to click on the pic addy, but nothing comes up for me.

CAn you display it with some other means?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ok, think about it, why would there be a tissue over his cake when he was blowing out flaming candles? And upright at that?

Sure it looks like it, but if there was a tissue floating around his cake, wouldn't he have considered that option before considering it was a ghost?

Now this picture is definitely odd. I don't know what to make of it, but it does not look like smoke...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Some will say it's smoke, but if that's so, why isn't the smoke moving around when I blow the candles. give me your theories. And it's too solid to be smoke.

It's not moving around because it's a still photography. You say it was too solid to be a smoke? How could you know that? You grabbed it and hit the baseball with it?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
To me it looks like a napkin was tucked in by the neck possibly, and came loose and fell when he went to blow out the candles. Could explain why it looks like it is sort of floating and in an upright position.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Well that wouldn`t explain Jedi`s second pic,where he`s not leaning over the cake.

I have no idea what it is,though I would not jump to the conclusion it is a ghost.

Question why would a ghost attach it self to a cake in the first place?

Have you looked into whether someone in a flour factory fell into the mill,maybe thats a little piece of him and other little pieces were also haunting scones and donuts all over the place at that time?

Anyway Jedi I hope you now have a better camera than that one.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That looks like a napkin to me

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
hahaha. thanks for the explanation guys. but again, it's not a napkin. it's transparent when you look at it with a lens. but not too transparent, very solid, and yes it looks like fabric, but I can safely say there was nothing there. why would we have a napkin on top of a cake at a birthday party right? and it would have to be a 2 foot napkin.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's hard to see from such small pictures but the white stuff reminds me of those old black and white ectoplasm photos. (Sorry I still don't know how to link to other sites but they wont be hard to find on the net.)A lot of the old pics were deemed as fakes, i.e. the medium would swallow some muslin and regurgitate the lot in front of the camera, but I'm not convinced. I think ecto is real in some cases. That's what it looks like in your pics. Or a hankie, but then there would be flames, lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
That's what it looks like in your pics. Or a hankie, but then there would be flames, lol.

yeah I know. I've shown the pics to people in real life and using the magnafying glass and they all said something about a cloth. Others think it's a statue standing in front of me. I had others say it's smoke of course. I just find it odd, it's shaped like a ghost you'd see in the movies. reminds me of those ghosts in ghostbusters in court or something. so to this day, I don't know what they are. If I was to tell you guys what it was, I think it was my alien/angel guides taking a visit and dancing with the light.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have some great shots of a ghost from the cemetery "Hollywood forever". I always love these kinda post. I will post them for you guys to see tomorrow when i have time to resize the images.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

My i Make a guess, 8x10 double exposed, than polariod centered on area. reason why one shows object white other shows close-up multi-colour

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

infer-red film maybe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join