It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really ALL crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Whenever I try bringing conspiracies up with "normal people", I get labeled a crackpot, paranoid, idiot, conspiracy kook, etc. Just about everyone's heard of the conspiracy theories, but why does NOBODY believe them?

And are we REALLY crazy for believing in 9/11, JFK, and NWO?

We are the small group that knows, and we have to endure names and humiliations from society if we open our mouths.

WHY???

WHY does society reject THE TRUTH???

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here is what a typical discussion regarding this looks like:

answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A9FJujNUiGBHlx8BzAUjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20060815150942AAEi4zh

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Another 1:

answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A9FJur4XiWBHNOgAZAYjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20070920061725AAizAhX

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
your links don't seem to be working keeps giving me an oops page

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Because there really are a lot of crazies, wack jobs, gullible idiots, social rejects, and emotionally unstable people who are looking to cling to *anything* that are attracted to conspiracy circles.

Of course, the same can be said of any group that illogically embraces a shared ideology. From religion to, to underground social scenes, simply being "main stream".

A large part of the problem is that conspiracy fans tend to over blow things. For example, the NWO. There certainly IS a group of men who really do control massive amounts of power and manipulate governments to do their will... but while many imagine them to be demon spawned members of secret sociaties, is it not much more plausible to peg "them" as being those who are at the upper levels of this massive and corrupt capitalist system?

"They" are the owners of banks, they old money families, the oil kings, the heads of multinationals. "They" own just about everything... likely including you (got any debt?). "They" pay your wages, produce your food, and control the masses through media. IS this a conspiracy, or the natural result of capitalism and human greed?

That's the truth of it, but it's too mundane for conspiracy fans and the average Joe just doesn't want to think about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have argued this many times before with my friends. They label me a crackpot and dismiss what I have to say, yet do not themselves have evidence against it. They do not take the evidence that I present and view it as information at all. To them it is best to ignore it because it does not fit into their mental models. This is called ignorance. Now I am not really into the NWO, I’m more into Paranormal events, but here too I see people just dismiss it without giving it a thought. many times they don't WANT to hear the evidence. I believe it has to do with their Mental models and structures that have been built by educational Institutions and re-enforced by the media. The bottom line is, What they believe and what I believe are 100% equal options to answer the question "what is reality?". They have their "evidence" which is mainly words in a book or images on a screen (we know you can't lie in books or on television
) which they do not experience firsthand yet accept as absolute truth. The phrase "close-minded" also fits in here. Sorry I rambled on a bit, but to me the average man is ignorant and overtly irrational.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Eratosthenes]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Whenever I try bringing conspiracies up with "normal people", I get labeled a crackpot, paranoid, idiot, conspiracy kook, etc. Just about everyone's heard of the conspiracy theories, but why does NOBODY believe them?

And are we REALLY crazy for believing in 9/11, JFK, and NWO?

We are the small group that knows, and we have to endure names and humiliations from society if we open our mouths.

WHY???

WHY does society reject THE TRUTH???

because its all speculation, not fact and people like facts

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I dedicate this song to all you crazy people at ATS.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Your instance of blindly assuming this to be all speculation, is pure speculation in itself. (Have you ever noticed how most people project things onto others? Some do it without even knowing it).

I'll give you facts, devoid of any FEAR of ridicule by plain ignorance, & pompous assumptions on the part of the skeptics that they are more rational for always having an attitude like this guy,
(smirking at the talk of UFOs, etc) & those ... irrational, illogical, masses of people who still think in this dangerous way, that the world is exactly as they see it, & that the unknown, or possibility that the general consensus of reality is the way it is, but Ill speak it as it is, designed for the majority to not only look at the evidence, but to believe it, & you want facts? - Without going overboard, & giving every subject of conspiracy a major overhaul?

(ie. some 911 truthers faults are to propagate misconceptions such as; Pentagon DID get hit by a Plane, DisclosureProject.org had a few un-credible witnesses, but you can certainly ascertain which ones were credible, just by thinking: The guy who spoke of the UFOs that had affected the missile silos & the photographic repairman for NASA who was shown CLEAR pictures of bases on the farside of the Moon, that would offer no possibility for debunking if posted here on ATS, certainly were credible beyond a doubt. And many people will be expecting me to say that to say that the elite has been working for a one world government for THOUSANDS of years is over-doing it, but those who think it's over-doing it must not be aware of the suspicious fact that when one studies the genealogical records of everyone who was in power, it can be seen as ONE family, that became 13 families, & they have been interbreeding ever since in order to maintain a hybrid bloodline... -

- And I will now prove the Reptilian 'theory' in a manner a child can comprehend;

1) The universe is vast, & if it only contained one galaxy, approx. 10% of those planets can develop & support life. - Extraterrestrials have just become quite a normal aspect or reality to those unaware of that fact.

2) Couple that knowledge with the fact that many of these Planet's inhabitants have developed incredible means of moving about. - Free energy, the ability to 'tap' the ressonanant energies of the plenum of space by perturbing it, anti-gravity, mathematically proven facts regarding other dimensions & parallel universes etc, (not to mention the fraction of countless people who report abduction & animal mutilations & implantations) then we have a good explanation for those flying saucers, & they are not ALL made by the government, & they are not a collective way for us to wake up, & question the system & science, for we are raping our world, as Terrence McKenna theorized one time, although it would have that effect, unfortunately by that time, it would be the staged invasion, in order to get for certain, their 'New' World Order. still, gov. wont be bl(One world government, complete tyranny, microchip population, etc... - The NWO is not a theory, as we have been conditioned to believe everything that is contrary to current views must be.
3) Egyptians, Mayans, etc, those of the 'Old' World Order, all have evidence to show that there were Reptilians who had walked amongst the people, & forced them to be seen as their Gods. - They then, literally became the gods (to those who believed that, & did not fight the unfair-ness of an intrusion into their world, & way of life. - They also speak of how their 'Gods' could
shapeshift. (vast coincidence, or a reality that our view of it are false, we don't want to face?)
4) But many DID fight the power, & reps were forced to... get a better image, & interbred with humanity; creating a family that became government.
Look it up yourself, instead of wasting time debunkin GW

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
To answer your question simply; no we are not; (some are though, LOL)

- Those who are crazy are the ones who cannot see the simplicity in this , for there is a filter that rejects anything that challenges their original belief systems. - Those who are crazy are the ones who cannot open their eyes to the obvious. (how crazy is that?)
- And those who spend a friday evening on a computer, when there is a crazy beautiful sunset going on here. LOL
Gotta go! TGIF!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Of course we are all different that is what makes us unique.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Why people label you as a nutcase if you come up with a conspiracy theory?
Few simple pointers to think about:

1. Person has no credentials whatsoever on subject he/she is talking about

Why would they believe "some guy" off the street or from the Internet, whose stories defy all the scientists and academic/governmental research done by competent people? Take anti-gravity for example: if an experienced scientist says something is not currently possible to do, why should I believe in guy who did few hours of Googling and came up with a claim that it is possible and we already know how to?

2. No valid proof on claims

In most cases, the conspirator fails to deliver any kind of valid proof of his/hers claims: no concrete alien bodies presented to public, no whatsoever proof of telekinesis in controlled surroundings, no metamorphosis from man to lizard- absolutely nothing.

3. Misinterpreting normal, everyday things

Most of the times, the conspiracy theories go so far off the bat that they are more ridiculous than convincing. I mean, if G.W.Bush picks his nose, the conspiracy theorists see this as hidden sign for the secret society trying to take control of entire planet.

4. Giving out predictions that fail

God knows how many prediction threads there are in ATS, and even the best-known predictions (like the John Titor case) have been proven to be entirely false.

5. The world-wide conspiracy?

It is very hard to believe that all the governments, through entire world and all the scientists, researchers, employees and all would be included in this conspiracy. If they know about the things conspiracy theorists claim about, surely the truth would come out from more than one source. The church did not want to give out the fact that world is not flat and that world is not center of the universe, but the science proved otherwise.

Endnote:

I mean, I want and I like to believe - but I find it more and more harder to believe in supernatural and anomalous things due the points presented above.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by thisaintnokansas]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am 100% sure that past a certain age, people won't change their minds about the situation. You can sway them towards your way of thinking about all of "this" but the picture will never be completely clear.

I don't think any of us are crazy. The only ones who come off as crazy are the ones who are calling everyone else "mentally impaired" and stupid crap like that.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They call you crazy because you believe something you can't prove (which is different from religion, because lots of people admit they can't prove it). You provide (admittedly interesting) tidbits that can barely be called fact as holy gospel.

Do I believe there was a csonpiracy to kill JFK? No, but I'm open to the possibility. I don't call those that follow the lone gunman blind sheep. There's no proof.

Do I believe in a world-wide NWO? No, but I do find it interesting that there are lots of "coincidences" in politics and world history.

Do I believe aliens are visiting the Earth? That's a hard one, but if you held a gun to my heads, I'd have to say yes. But I can't prove it, and I won't argue with somebody who disagrees. Their opinion is perfectly valid.

So when you come along saying the government planned 9/11, is spraying us with chemtrails, has aliens in the freezer on the secret moon base, and lash out as the "persecuted prophet" who knows THE TRUTH, you do sound exactly like a crazy person complaining about the mice stealing his underwear.

Note, I don't know if "you", thetruth777, actually do the above. But the stereotypical conspiracy theorist certainly does.

[edit on 12-16-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

When you have much time to research and think about all of it, it comes together like a jigsaw puzzle, an understandable whole. It's not my "belief system", since I obviously can't prove anything through my own experience (except for the symbolism that is everywhere you look), but the proof is out there. My apologies for not providing links to everything... if you've been on this site long enough you've probably seen just about all the evidence that I have.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Well Murdercity the masses thought it was fact that the world was flat and the sun revolved around us for many years. The people who said otherwise didnt have the fast and were crackpots. Touche.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Nobody believes because your evidence is ambiguous.

Who bases a case on ambiguity?

[edit on 17-12-2007 by albie]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Are we all crazy?

Yes of course we are... have to be.

I am certain it is the fundamental requirement to be human.

Helps to be a crazy, how else would we cope with life?

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This is exactly why I don;t even bother to discuss it outside of ATS anymore. Even with mountains of evidence staring them in the face, people will still choose to label you a 'crazy' on the terms that it doesn't fit in with what they've been told.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The evidence is a mountain of ambiguity. You could shove that on someone from here till doomsday and it would simply just be ambiguous.

Remember how crazy some of the things you guys believe.

The crazier the theory the greater the evidence required.

and you don't even have good evidence let alone great.

No. You people will not prevent conspiracy. It will be down to the earthed people who will simply get p1ssed off enough. They will act and never believe in aliens or cabals.

God bless the soccer thug. He will one day set you free.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join