It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Investigation - How?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
For a while now I've been wondering if there is something ........ walking around the house at certain times during the night. I want to get to the bottom of this now!!

It isn't something I can see as much as feel. I just "know" it is there, but not quite sure where. It seems to be in a certain part of the house only for some reason, and has only started being there for around the last 5 years or so.

I'm not mad, I'm not tired, I don't do drugs, I'm not schizophrenic or anything like that, but I'm just aware of something. It never bothered me until one night last year when I heard a distinct slamming of a door downstairs. I was home alone so that sout-ruled anyone else. The cats were with me in the same room - so it wasn't them, either.

When I went down the following morning, the door in the hallway to the walk-in closet was closed - I know for a fact that this was slightly open the night before. Earlier that night I felt I needed to run past it, and I just couldn't look at the door. I was aware of "its" presence (it was particularly strong that night) and I didn't dare to go downstairs again that night.

When I heard the slam of the door, I froze solid for ove ran hour, and even contemplated calling my neighbor.

About 6 months prior to that, I came home late one night, and shortly after parking the car, caught a glimpse of a white object floating past the window. The lights of the car were on, but the car was not moving. I checked to make sure it wasn't a reflection or due to me moving in the car, but could not re-create what I saw. I decided at that point that my girlfriend had walked past the door. When I got in however, she was asleep! It couldn't have been her as I would have seen her walk past it again to go upstairs.

These two events have led me to believe there is more to this than imagination. I'm not crazy, and I'm usually very pragmatic and scientific about things.

I want to get to the bottom of this now - what is it? Why?

I want to know what I need in order to do this. I have a tape recorder, and a digital camera. How would I go about capturing this things existence?? Is there a practical test I could set up for "it"? Do I talk to it and see if it responds when I get this feeling it is around (recording it of course)?

[edit on 12-12-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have had great success using a computer and a microphone. The great part about using a computer instead of a voice recorder is you can edit the sounds you capture and bring out the quality and reduce hiss and crackle.

I recommend using Cool Edit Software for this.

It is free to use, very powerful and user friendly.

I just sat there and said if anyone wanted to speak speak into this device, and pointed to the end of the microphone. Simple as that.

I wish the old computer I used to get EVP's didn't crash, otherwise I could post my incredible recordings. Oh well.

Good luck to you.

Keep us posted with and evidence gathered

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
if you want to make the spirit leave your house, you can try burning sage and ringing bells. If you want, you can try and communicate with it, which isn't always successful. you could also ask it if it needed anything before it could leave. ghosts can't hurt you in any way though, they can't possess you or anything...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What you have is all fine and good but you'll get better results using an infrared camera hooked up to your computer. You can get one for around $100 on eBay. Set it up and leave it running then review the evidence and see if you captured anything. It might take a while, but you'll get something eventually. The Spirit Realm is all around us - it just takes the right conditions to capture it.

No offense to the above poster, but none of that hocus-pocus stuff will work. Spirits have free will just like we do. If they want to be somewhere they are. If they're nice and you ask them to leave they will. If they aren't, they won't.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by ReginaAdonna]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonna

eh, I've heard that the hocus-pocus stuff works. I'll take your word fo r it though. Mirage, maybe you could tell the spirit that it had to protect your home in return for letting it stay?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Using a tape recorder is ideal. It is easier for a ghost to manipulate a magnetic strip then it is to manipulate digital signals. However, if you have the right cables then you should record the tape onto your computer afterwards for editing. I have done just computer recording and just tape recording. Works best for me if i do the tape recording and then move it onto my computer for editing.

The program I use for audio editing is "Audacity". It is not the most advanced thing to hit the planet but it works well. If you happen to have an infrared filter for your camera, I'd suggest taking a few pics with that on as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Uninvited guest.

Well, I can empathise with the situation to some degree and you may well posess the ability to acknowledge that there is a presence in your home.
At this moment in time you may not yet have experienced a manifestation.
I can fully comprehend why you would take the steps to attempt to varify that you do have an uninvited guest using technology.
While this may or may not be successful the fact still remains that it will be active.
In these circumstances you have to decide if you want evidence of a presence, or indeed, to consult a reliable source to rid your home of this entity.
Forget the incantations and other ritual repellants and source a local paranormal group. These people hopefully have experience and fortitude to get to grips with this matter.

^^^^^^^^^^^Who yah gonna call....? Ghostbusters..? ^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I suggest talking to it. Let it know your interested in it, and that you want to help it. Ask it its name and just generally make small talk, like, who are you, where'd you come from, what do you need, the kinda junk.

I highly doubt you'll get a response in person but if you do it day in and day out for a week or so something might change.
I know I had a ghost haunting my room for about a year or so, I thougtht I was crazy until my best friend saw it, clear and vivid just as i always did, then my mom had a ran in with it also, so I knew something was up and it wasnt just me. I just talked to her [it was a little girl] and i asked her name and why she was there and all that. It wasnt until one night i had a dream where as i was talking to her, I cant remeber the conversation but after that i've never felt her presense or seen her again.

Ghosts just need a little extra push to leave this world for the next. And if your not scared, believe enough to actually see them, and actually do help them out you get some extra 'soul' points for a better life in the next world I think

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

First things first: if you can, ask somebody to measure the levels of electromagnetic activity and (especially!) to look for possible sources of very low or very high frequency waves in your home.

They CAN cause the feelings you are describing, and possibly even certain visual disturbances.

Once that's done, proceed from there.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join