It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese Stealth Bomber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
The article you saw is what as we called 意淫 quoted from other websties.

good one!

but what does it ( 意淫 ) mean?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

literally it is a bad word in chinese. its really meanning is fantasy.

as a chinese i dont think chinese bombers can match ones of USA. no point of this.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
So what you're telling me is that we are currently at the ultimate level of Stealth and RADAR and where it's at now we will no longer progress?

Because for my response to be incorrect, that's what your point would have to be...

I think you mis-understood what I was trying to say.

Shattered OUT...

I believe we are beginning to approach the limits of passive techniques.

Two questions:

Has the F-22 a lower signature than the B-2?

Has the JSF a lower signature than the B-2 or F-22?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
you don't need a new super RADAR system to spot stealth, just good operator who can spot 'The Sparrow/Bumble Bee at 40.000 feet doing 700 kts'.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kilcoo316

I wasn't talking about just passive structure, I know full well that we are almost at the limits of passive stealth, but by upgrade I meant active systems, you can't really upgrade passive systems now can you?
Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hmm, possibly, However, the F-22 and the B-2 have different requirements and operational realities that have to be factored intot he design.

According to Ben Rich, the Skunk Works entry that lost to the B-2 was indeed stealthier than the winning design. While he may be blowing smoke, I think he may be on the level.

So I think there is still plenty of room for design of passive stealth aircraft. Esp for a bomber which does not have to fly both fast and dogfight etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zizek

Boy have you been fooled. The chinese Military is a threat to the US and all other countries. The best way to really screw up the US war machine is to take out the satelite's and computer links they use to run the military.

The US military would not know what to do if it could not be typed on a keyboard...
I have read articles on this discussion and if you cripple communication links/GPS links it would be just like someone pulling the plug on a computer.

The chinese military has the US military outmanned 4 to1 . I respect our soldiers 100% but as an example imagine 500,000 chinese soldiers who will fight until the last man as that is how they are trained/raised.

The Chinese military studies every little detail of a plane/battle ship /tank and then they produce them for their army. Yeah its a knock off the US Bomber but if it flies then it is able to drop bombs or release nukes.

do some research on China and see all the advances they have made in the military/electronics/weaponry and you may think different.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

And our troops aren't trained to fight to the end either? Because they don't care about themselves and others around them?

The US military has backups and fail safes, shooting down satellites will only disable GPS at best and that does it for everyone else, not just the US.

China should focus on getting their massive army over the Pacific before we start thinking "threat". I hope their amphibious forces are as good as America's, cause that's the only feasible way I imagine a successful invasion being launched. The logistics alone is overwhelming on something that large.

I just don't forsee a conflict between the US and China.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by emile
The article you saw is what as we called 意淫 quoted from other websties.

good one!

but what does it ( 意淫 ) mean?

Hmmm, this is an useful word if you're really eager to differentiate what information out of Chinese web is true what it bogus.

The 意淫 we use to discrible some act done by dithyrambic patriot.
For example, an American compile a long story to depict how stealth the F-22 is unseeable even the fighter come close to several hundreds meter, meanwhile fabricating some photos by photoshop as evidence to prove what he said is ture. the 意淫 pronounced Yi Ying for something or some actions only like what I describled above someone is fond of very much so always do it.

you'd better to creat a new word for this I think.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Well, I'm a Chinese. So I knew deeply our Chinese are not such race like Russian who alway be eager to spoliate other's land, if we wan to, we already did several hundreds years ago.

But those son of bitch in Zhongnanhai should be pushed in guillotine. Nuke Shanghai, is the best almsdeed US should do. This would be disgress.

Back to stealth, I think, low observable for Radar not only rely on shape but more rely on fabric of material, so it is not easy to imitate.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zizek

The china Genral Should ask the vietnam how to beat the US Capitalist.
Bring them on.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

I wasn't talking about just passive structure, I know full well that we are almost at the limits of passive stealth, but by upgrade I meant active systems, you can't really upgrade passive systems now can you?
Shattered OUT...

Much more can be done with passive "stealth", and upgrades to existing structures are done all of the time (such as various upgrades to the B-2 to reduce thermal and EM emissions - though, from what I understand about those systems, they are active in nature, but it's not like a "cloak" generator or something).

The most difficult detection method to defend against is LADAR - essentially RADAR with a laser as opposed to a microwave antenna. It's highly accurate, can generate very accurate telemetry data, and is highly resistant to noise and jamming.

Though I have no evidence to suggest it - I strongly believe the U.S. already has such systems. It only makes sense. They are lighter weight, more power efficient, harder to detect, harder to jam, and far more accurate. Which are all limiting factors of existing radar systems.

So I always laugh when the Swiss or some other country are gloating about some new "unbeatable" system they have developed. I particularly liked one of their "laser guided anti-air missiles" - about the most ridiculous thing I have seen - as if a person could keep a laser beam on a maneuvering aircraft (which should be pulling out of all attack runs as though it had been fired upon) at either close range or at a distance. But at least they are developing new toys to give their soldiers.

Anyway - China is a real threat to the U.S. in the long run of things. Their population is approaching a collapse. Already they have had to extend the retirement age simply because they cannot afford it (which means there are far fewer youngsters to support the aging population). Furthermore, China has no real resources of its own - it's primary resource has been labor, very cheap labor, at that. While China has been developing automated systems very similar to ones used in the U.S. - such systems negate the normal cost advantages that come with business from China (it's the reason some heavy industry has survived in the U.S. - mostly parts that require more strict quality control standards and precision parts).

Furthermore, an alarming percentage of the younger-generation of Chinese is male, with an increasing percentage of the female population being rendered infertile due to rape and disease.

China has two major needs if it wishes to "survive" - women, and natural resources. Their leaders aren't stupid - they know this.

What further concerns me is the tension mounting between India and China (recently with China entering the diamond refinement business and cutting into India's primary market). Both have been having a miniature arms race with each other.

I'm also concerned about Russia and China. I don't think they will remain good friends for very long. China needs natural resources, and they will want to cut into Russia before they get their strength back (I also wonder if China's recent advances did not alarm some of the Russian brass and get the blood running back to their military).

I'm not 100% certain how all of it will unfold - but a conflict between the U.S. and China is inevitable. And I honestly think we will find ourselves a rather unlikely ally in the Russians (though I'm not too certain about India and where that all will go - they may be akin to Russia in WW II - the enemy of our enemy but not necessarily our friend).

As far as China developing some kind of stealth bomber - it wouldn't surprise me.

Would it be able to beat our defense systems? I don't know for sure. But that isn't the issue - the issue is whether or not Russia, Taiwan, Australia, Japan, and India could defend against it. And it's highly likely that China would gain a lot of experience in how to use their weapons in conflicts with any of those countries that would be vital in defeating our own detection systems (most of the reason the enemy doesn't detect our stealth aircraft is because we plan the entire mission in a manner that keeps the aircraft as much out of harm's way as possible - it's not the aircraft, but the precautions combined with the aircraft's characteristics).

And, unlike Hitler, I doubt the Chinese will be as stupid. Which is unfortunate for us.

Call me crazy - but I honestly think parts of Europe will be allied with China on this one - probably some "to create a grand world government" title - some "for the better of man."

And, if my gut feeling is correct, all of this will pretty much kick off with a push for a global government coming from the libbies in Europe, and America will start a civil war over the issue.... and China just sort of does what China does best - take advantage of the situation.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
With the Communist Chinese government it is safer to assume that everything they say is a lie, that they have developed everything they can from back engineering stolen property, and they are not to be trusted in a poker game, a knife fight, or world diplomacy.

I love the many varieties of peoples who inhabit the PRC, but I hate with a perfect hate the Communist Chinese government.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Not to hijack the thread, but did anyone follow the PAKFA link at the bottom of that article? The picture shows a plane under construction. Initially I thought it was a MiG-29 but noticed that the front resembled a Berkut. It looked like some of the artists concepts I have seen around here. A mix of the Berkut and the Raptors tail.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by RedBaron]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBaron

hmmm.. valid point.. Moving it to the PAK-FA thread..
lets continue analysis there.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
1 - Introduce Type A Stealth Technology
2 - Develop Anti-Type A Stealth Technology
3 - Introduce Type B Stealth Technology
4 - Develop Anti-Type B Stealth Technology

You can't produce a counter for things that effectively don't exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As of right now, the H-8 bomber is a myth. It exists only in the crevices of rumor and speculation. The J-20 stealth fighter, on the other hand, shows just what China is capable of. I have done hundreds of hours of research into it and I wrote a few short articles on it, as well as a book, if anyone wants to check it out.

www.politikalmatters.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zizek
However, take into consideration a couple things about Russian/Sino displeasure at US Hegemony, first, while they may hate the US, or at least US hegemony, they also hate each other. The only reason Russia still sells oil to China is because their already terrible economy will collapse, should they stop oil exports to the Chinese, they'd love to export to Japan, but they won't purchase enough resources to balance the Russian economy.

China is eyeing parts of Russia and chinese settlers are already settling parts of Russia as much of the official border is unguarded.

As for the economy, this is not Russia 1997, Russia today is a very different place and a very different economy.

Originally posted by Zizek
Moreover, neither Russia, China, nor a joint Russian-Sino force could find victory in a war against the US. The US Missile shield will easily take down incoming ballistics, whilst crushing Chinese and/or Russian cities into nothingness.

The missile shield doesn't work and the protocol is designed to pass the system rather than test it. They are faking it till they make it, believing they can make it work when it is operational.

Originally posted by Nailer
The Chinese military studies every little detail of a plane/battle ship /tank and then they produce them for their army. Yeah its a knock off the US Bomber but if it flies then it is able to drop bombs or release nukes.

do some research on China and see all the advances they have made in the military/electronics/weaponry and you may think different.

Having a blueprint doesn't build you a plane. Without the materials science, engineering, aerodynamics knowledge and institutionalised understanding, it has very little value. China has made advances in some areas, but in most, they are where the USSR were at the end of the 70's, in some areas even end 60's. China can't even reproduce the RD-33 or AL-31, even though they have had access to them for almost 20 years. China has access to a wealth of patents, production capability, and know how... What they don't have is understanding. For 2 decades, they have been trying to engineer an engineering quantum leap taking them from 1955 to 1990, and they have only been slightly successful. Without the progression and evolution, the trial and error, the rigourous modelling and calculations of science, you can't have understanding. All you have is replication with poor materials.

Originally posted by Aim64C
Furthermore, an alarming percentage of the younger-generation of Chinese is male, with an increasing percentage of the female population being rendered infertile due to rape and disease.

China has two major needs if it wishes to "survive" - women, and natural resources. Their leaders aren't stupid - they know this.

It's not about rape and disease. It's about a one child policy combined with a culture where having a female child is considered a liability. China and India are in the exactly the same place, where lack of women is concerned, and for the same reasons.
edit on 20-7-2011 by aaa2500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by aaa2500 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join