It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese Stealth Bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure just how accurate this report is... but if it's true it has the potential to be something stunning.

Xian H-8 Chinese Stealth bomber

According to the "Fenghuang Tower", the H-8 is reported to start trial flights from January 5th. The Chinese leadership including the Central Military Committee officers, air force logistics department officer, national defense science and industry committee, Xi'an deputy mayor, the provincial party committee assistant deputy secretary, amongst others were present for inaugurating the project.dailylark.blogspot.com...

Mod Edit: trimmed quote and provided link

[edit on 12/12/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Regardless of the legitimacy of this post, I think we all need to realize that the Chinese miltiary is of no current threat to the United States, give them ten years and an enormous amount of research, development and training, but at the moment, the US military (including weapons, vehicles, etc.) is still the best. Even then, US stealth bombers and defense systems are the acme of defense systems.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If the pictures are anything to go by then the story is crap. Are they linked to the story or a separate source?

The flying wing design on the second image only has two engines so is clearly not the plane in question. The upper image however, despite the Chinese writing, shows something that looks very much to me like the early Sukhoi and Tupolev designs for a bomber from which the Tu-160 eventually emerged, especially the Sukhoi P-4, and is not stealthy at all.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The pictures are unrelated to the story other than "possible" interpretations... they have no connection to the text and are probably not even of chinese origin.

EDIT: pictures removed to avoid confusion

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Lucretius]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
OK, I see. Now getting back to the story itself, if true it would be very interesting to see this prototype. From the description it sounds almost like a combination of the B-2's flying wing layout with the F-117's faceted form.

A lot of nonsense stories about stealth bombers do the rounds though so we'll just have to wait and see. One of the poorest fakes was the so called Tupolev Tu-180, which was just a doctored picture of a Tu-160 to make it look like a flying wing.

I guess the proof will be in the seeing, as long as it isn't cgi

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
One line post I know, but an important one - source?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Google is good for a laugh, like this for instance;

shocking news!

Like you wouldn't know a B-2 when you see it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
OK, I see. Now getting back to the story itself, if true it would be very interesting to see this prototype. From the description it sounds almost like a combination of the B-2's flying wing layout with the F-117's faceted form.

Well clearly this is bogus (at least the pic) Its funny the write up pretty much described a B-2 payload as well
. the automatic translation is a riot too if you read it.

But: If the PLAAF were to try to build a bomber and they used the wreckage of the shot down F-117A from Kosovo???

I know that Lockheed had some paper variants of the F-117 that were basically scaled up versions with more range and more payload. I suppose its possible that they could have tried that out.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Swedes have developed (and subsequently canceled) a program that actually allowed for stealth aircraft to be "seen". Other countries are working on similar programs, and so we may see stealth aircraft become obsolete in the future:

www.aviationweek.com... PostId=Blog%3a27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7Post%3a226d9afa-4c54-4afe-8feb-c6d03ced4ca8

Developing any stealth aircraft program is prohibitively expensive, though it would seem to be within China's reach.

I'd have to disagree with the statement that China's military is no threat to us. Technologically, perhaps, but they have a massive military. Not to mention, they do possess nuclear weapons and the capability to launch them between continents. They could do serious damage to us, and even if they eventually lost the war, they'd win their fair share of battles.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Zizek, never underestimate your enemy.

China is someone we need to worry about now. Not after they catch up with us in a decade. This is especially true since the Cold War is in full gear. Plus, China and Russia are doing joint military exercises together. And, they have expressed together US should no longer be the only superpower.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There's enough misinformation spilling out of china to fill the emma maersk twice over...

but every so often i'm wondering if there isn't a grain of truth in the rumors.

Yuan class anyone?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Even if the link or the news may be bogus, we most be prepare to face Chinas technological advances thanks to the US outsourcing and making easier for China to steal our technology.

So hey, they already tested a weapon that was actually a project that our nation was working on.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The Chinese government is known for blowing things out of proportion when they want publicity, and undermining things they prefer to have no publicity. Then again, most governments behave like this, but China goes at it to the extremes.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grozny07

Well a simple response to this really...

For every armor you develop someone will try to make a better bullet. Same goes to Stealth and Radar, you develop a system to detect current stealth, we'll merely upgrade to defeat it. We are up to 3rd generation Stealth now after all.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Well a simple response to this really...

For every armor you develop someone will try to make a better bullet. Same goes to Stealth and Radar, you develop a system to detect current stealth, we'll merely upgrade to defeat it. We are up to 3rd generation Stealth now after all.

Shattered OUT...

Thats a simply incorrect response though.

Without active systems, its impossible to hide anything against radar wavelengths of approximately the same order of magnitude of the object size. The resolutions of these lower wavelength radars are improving constantly, enabling systems like the S-400 to operate with a metric band radar.

Another kink in the stealth armour is the multistatic approach to radar systems, you can deflect the wave away from the emitter, but if the receiver is not located at the emitter your not going to do much good. Again, improvements in this field will result in reduced effectiveness of non active VLO platforms.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

There was a photo on here of a model used as the lockheed deisgn for the B2 project - it was a big nighthawk ; can`t remember when it was posted sadly

edit:

found it

www.dreamlandresort.com...

Lockheeds proposal for Senior Peg

In theory with the data from the crashed F117a - the above *could* and using the model be made.

[edit on 13/12/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
While I'll agree that we should not take China lightly, even the Chinese Major General Zhu Chengu has publicly stated that China could not win in a conventional war with the United States. (He said they'd drop their No-First-Use policy of nuclear weaponry, in fact) Give them ten years with two+ million trained soldiers and we'll be facing another issue altogether.

However, take into consideration a couple things about Russian/Sino displeasure at US Hegemony, first, while they may hate the US, or at least US hegemony, they also hate each other. The only reason Russia still sells oil to China is because their already terrible economy will collapse, should they stop oil exports to the Chinese, they'd love to export to Japan, but they won't purchase enough resources to balance the Russian economy.

Even then, the United States has successfully swain many East asian countries, as well as India, into an alliance. They are receiving US-military lead training, economic incentives as well as technological incentives, they will assist us, should a US-Sino war break out.

Moreover, neither Russia, China, nor a joint Russian-Sino force could find victory in a war against the US. The US Missile shield will easily take down incoming ballistics, whilst crushing Chinese and/or Russian cities into nothingness.

At the present, they're screwed, contrary to the future.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zizek
The only reason Russia still sells oil to China is because their already terrible economy will collapse

Right right stop.

This myth about the Russian economy is 10 years out of date. Their economic growth is probably the best in the world right now.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316

Thats a simply incorrect response though.

Without active systems, its impossible to hide anything against radar wavelengths of approximately the same order of magnitude of the object size. The resolutions of these lower wavelength radars are improving constantly, enabling systems like the S-400 to operate with a metric band radar.

Another kink in the stealth armour is the multistatic approach to radar systems, you can deflect the wave away from the emitter, but if the receiver is not located at the emitter your not going to do much good. Again, improvements in this field will result in reduced effectiveness of non active VLO platforms.

So what you're telling me is that we are currently at the ultimate level of Stealth and RADAR and where it's at now we will no longer progress?

Because for my response to be incorrect, that's what your point would have to be...

I think you mis-understood what I was trying to say.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
I'm not sure just how accurate this report is... but if it's true it has the potential to be something stunning.

Xian H-8 Chinese Stealth bomber

According to the "Fenghuang Tower", the H-8 is reported to start trial flights from January 5th. The Chinese leadership including the Central Military Committee officers, air force logistics department officer, national defense science and industry committee, Xi'an deputy mayor, the provincial party committee assistant deputy secretary, amongst others were present for inaugurating the project.dailylark.blogspot.com...

Mod Edit: trimmed quote and provided link

[edit on 12/12/07 by FredT]

Dear philosopher:

The article you saw is what as we called 意淫 quoted from other websties.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join